Featured Posts

monsterdreams

Pretty good, not my fave Madonna song tho 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

i hear melody similarities to BTW but imo Express Yourself is boring where as BTW is not.

The thing people fail to see however is, BTW is mainly a New Wave song and New Wave music harkens back to the 80s, the song is meant to sound as if it's at a 1980s pride party. But that's just my opinion (although it's forged out of facts about the song's actual sound).

The album's majority sound was influenced by New Wave and Electronic Rock, but mostly New Wave, because that's Fernando's production genre and DITD was no exception it is a New Wave song with heavy Euro-Dance influences

Iwontell

I think it's ok...not the best, but far from bad...the MV is great, tho. 
And I don't think it sounds like BTW, as well...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Pure Adrenaline

It's a cute song.

I don't hear anything similar, just like I didn't hear it back in 2011, but maybe I have some problems with my hearing sense since her fans are so hardcore about that. :shrug: 

that make us 2

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

crisTEAne

I think it is one of the most overrated Madonna songs... People have been dragging Gaga claiming she's copied and ripped it off when actually express yourself itself is total rip off of an older song by The Kane Gang.. Madonna never credited them, so basically Madonna has been defaming an artist who has copied a song she had copied herself? Idk... Madonna could do anything for attention and the worst part of her is her brainwashed and delusional fans...

Just listen to this

And then this...

After this I have lost all respect for Madonna...

oh, wow. who's the reductive one now, madge. :smh: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Harry

A great song & video

I can't believe these conversations about BTW still happen tho. It's 2015, that song came out four years ago, let's move on.

it's okay. i like it. i love the video

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

grndmothrmonst

I think it is one of the most overrated Madonna songs... People have been dragging Gaga claiming she's copied and ripped it off when actually express yourself itself is total rip off of an older song by The Kane Gang.. Madonna never credited them, so basically Madonna has been defaming an artist who has copied a song she had copied herself? Idk... Madonna could do anything for attention and the worst part of her is her brainwashed and delusional fans...

Just listen to this

And then this...

After this I have lost all respect for Madonna...

Actually the Kane Gang is a cover if the 1971 sing by the Staple Singers. It was a fairly big hit back then. I always wondered if Madonna was "inspired" by the Staple Singers song. Even the title.   

Riot Poof

It's a good song. I'm not gonna let foolish Madonna stans ruin it for me tho.

But tbh I like it more than "Born This Way." :wtf:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Basic and a rip off of "Respect Yourself" by Staple Singers

I wonder why no one ever confronted Madonna about this.

She clearly copied this song without giving credit, and then she tries to sabotage Gaga's career by calling her "reductive" and calling Born This Way a "blatant rip off" while promoting Rebel Heart. She has really no room to talk.

Angel Down

Actually the Kane Gang is a cover if the 1971 sing by the Staple Singers. It was a fairly big hit back then. I always wondered if Madonna was "inspired" by the Staple Singers song. Even the title.   

Yea... whatever... It's really sad people aren't aware of this fact. You can't copy a copy

Archived