Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard Poll: Industry support for Gaga

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

Bette Davis

Why am I not surprised that a Genre created by black people with a majority of black artists is not popular among rich white men?

Yet they didn't express distain for R&B, hip hop, jazz or blues, which were all genres created by or heavily influenced by black artists..

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis

It's so nice to see support for her and her talent, intelligence and business know-how acknowledged :whitney:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Arturo

Investing in Taylor is not a smart idea. Plenty of artists at her level of success crash hard like Gaga did not too long ago. But with the events that have happened in the past year she has shown that she is not going anywhere after a few obstacles. Can Taylor do what Gaga did? My bets would be on no, but I do wish her the best when her "ARTPOP" moment comes.

MonsterMum

Investing in Taylor is not a smart idea. Plenty of artists at her level of success crash hard like Gaga did not too long ago. But with the events that have happened in the past year she has shown that she is not going anywhere after a few obstacles. Can Taylor do what Gaga did? My bets would be on no, but I do wish her the best when her "ARTPOP" moment comes.

Everyone on a high must come down, it's how you come back from that low that determines what kind of artist you are. I mean Taylor is getting close to her over exposure moment like Gaga had, I hope her team is ready.

JusKeepBreathin

Ironic that Gaga got such praise in the poll but EDM and Pop music were the Top 2 & 3 most despised genres....

Gaga was right...Jazz Punk it is :derpga:

It's also probably also why they don't really give pop girls the promotion they deserve. The decline of pop. LOL

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Riot Poof

YAS @ the support Gaga, Mariah, and Taylor got.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

so the message I got out of the poll is that gaga is very much appreciated as an artist and her next album shouldnt be pop or edm. very true I would add, both these genres have become exhausting and boring, nothing new to offer. Bring on RockGa. 

freebit

This is really pleasantly surprising. I feel like many (mostly the stanworld) tried to make her out to be so hated by the industry, but that is clearly not the case. I think this is due to her talent, her boldness, and the fact that despite the 'crazy' exterior, she really does seem like one of the good ones. She goes high risk with her music, which can backfire, but when she hits, she hits, and it's a pays off tenfold. Plus, look at how watered down and boring the pop scene became after her absence. 

The other results: I'm really surprised Beyonce isn't top 3. :awkney: @ that quote regarding Nick, but stranger things have happened, and I never thought JT would amount to much when he got started either. It's good to see them rooting for Mariah. 

TimisaMonster

It's also probably also why they don't really give pop girls the promotion they deserve. The decline of pop. LOL

Well especially with the crap they're releasing they call "pop" 

Music these days is terrible and subpar from a few years ago

However, Gaga always brings something fresh to what's considered pop and it's not basic sounding...I'm sure LG5 will have some :udidnt: songs that slay me and can still be considered pop music

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Bad Bromance

her impact is unbelievable. :gaga: the haters stating she didn't have any can sit down. :smh: 

TAPsLi.gif

That's right!!  To think that some of those haters are on GGD all the time! I hope they see this thread so they can seethe.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

gagzus

But let's be real, out of Taylor, Adele and Gaga- Gaga is the only one who takes massive risks sonically and visually. She's also the only one who can reinvent herself over and over visually and sonically. 

Yes Taylor reinvented herself a tad but I still predict Taylor will phase out of the scene in the next decade maybe less and I predict not her next album but the one after will have a massive sales fall. 1989's success was down to the fact it was her first pure pop album and had generic catchy pop mixed with Beyonce level PR (which is slowly crumbling away thanks to her being exposed as being greedy and not caring about non-white issues).

As for Adele, I predict her next record won't do half as well as her last did, 21 did amazingly but some stans are delusional enough to think she can replicate that when depressing music is not trendy anymore like it was when 21 came out and it's really hard to replicate success, look at Gaga now as opposed to TF & BTW's success'.

Whiskey Mouth

Why am I not surprised that a Genre created by black people with a majority of black artists is not popular among rich white men?

my thoughts exactly

:coffee:

Archived