💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Brooklyn Nights leak?

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty

I've never known why Brooklyn Nights leaked. Most leaks have a clear reason to get leaked, because they're at the point of being released officially (like Bad Romance, DITD, Alejandro, Applause and even Aura). But how did the Brooklyn Nights leak - both full song as well as stems - happen? 

It was not intended for release or any other use. A song like Partynauseous, which had at least been circulating with Kendrick + was being used on tour, would seem much more likely to leak. What was the source for BN? Can this mean more Act II songs are out there?

Sorry if this is a plain question :sweat:.

gagzus

Brooklyn Nights leaked because she was stupid enough to only give it to certain fans who she was really close with and one either leaked it or traded it (the rumour is one traded it for nudes). The stems i'm sure are actually very good fan remakes because when you use them to filter the track they don't all work.

Tove Lo

Brooklyn Nights leaked because she was stupid enough to only give it to certain fans who she was really close with and one either leaked it or traded it (the rumour is one traded it for nudes).

This^

With the stems, well they leaked just like the reason why other ones leak, people somehow get just get them and they spread around and get leaked.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Brooklyn Nights leaked because she was stupid enough to only give it to certain fans who she was really close with and one either leaked it or traded it (the rumour is one traded it for nudes). The stems i'm sure are actually very good fan remakes because when you use them to filter the track they don't all work.

For nudes? Thirsty af. lol.

00026 † 10000

Head Empty

Thanks! That seems like a really weird way for a song to leak :laughga:. You'd think Gaga (or Interscope) would be more protective of the music, making sure it wouldn't get into the hands of people who would leak it.

Although I'm grateful that it happened :teehee:.

Uh, I thought Gaga posted it on her Facebook?

Gaga only mentioned the song on Twitter (lyrics, if I remember correctly). :yes: 

Der Meister

She didn't *give it* to the fans. She asked the fan to leak it. Just like she leaked Aura.

Um... no.

The source of the leak is the same Israeli hacker who sold Madonna songs, stems and demos to fan remixers. Those remixers would then resell the material to fans. This is also how all the LG stems (Swine, Brooklyn Nights, G.U.Y.) and practically all instrumentals/acapellas post-The Fame Monster have surfaced online.

Here's an article from around the time the FBI arrested the hacker: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/madonna-hacker-indicted-israel-778224

This also explains why there haven't been leaks in several months, the hacker is in jail, lol.

I swear fans will believe anything they see online lmao

BitcherelIa

Meh, whatever the story is, surely Gaga knew it was going to get leaked sooner or later.

tumblr_lkrys3v9I11qh66zro1_500.gif

Head Empty

Um... no.

The source of the leak is the same Israeli hacker who sold Madonna songs, stems and demos to fan remixers. Those remixers would then resell the material to fans. This is also how all the LG stems (Swine, Brooklyn Nights, G.U.Y.) and practically all instrumentals/acapellas post-The Fame Monster have surfaced online.

Here's an article from around the time the FBI arrested the hacker: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/madonna-hacker-indicted-israel-778224

This also explains why there haven't been leaks in several months, the hacker is in jail, lol.

That makes sense... Call me thirsty but I wonder if those leaks will ever return :laughga:.

Archived