celeb

Drag Race queens seen rehearsing at the VMAs

Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

eww jiggly and delta are pieces of ****!

I KNOW! them and Laganja are the worst queens on the show. But Laganja is worse because she is unbearable

who will love me when the night is over

gagzus

Straight men have been dressing up in Drag for years. Drag isn't gay exclusive... 

yes and that annoys me, it's part of LGBT culture and they appropriate a lot of our culture, especially since this decade began they have, look at the season 7 reaction of DR since the show became mainstream, death threats to the queens, white girls dissing the art form and thinking it's appropriate to call the queens ugly and all that crap. But straight people have been trying to eclipse LGBT culture for decades and still are trying like white people try to do to PoC so...

Katsuki Bakugo

Is it though?

I'd much rather the world be exposed to and get to know the queens that fought for gay rights or those that use their spotlight for good, rather than queens that'll flash their tuck for a quick buck.

Ok those yes. I agree with that 100%. But tbh Queens like Bianca ( comedy) and Violet - who is an aerobic artist ( I have no idea what that thing she does is called)  are some of the ones I would hardly call flashing their tuck for a quick buck. Even Alaska I would say is alot more classy than the ones who are just flashing tuck aka Willam

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo

yes and that annoys me, it's part of LGBT culture and they appropriate a lot of our culture, especially since this decade began they have, look at the season 7 reaction of DR since the show became mainstream, death threats to the queens, white girls dissing the art form and thinking it's appropriate to call the queens ugly and all that crap. But straight people have been trying to eclipse LGBT culture for decades and still are trying like white people try to do to PoC so...

A famous drag queen in Australia is a straight male and has never tried to do any of that. I think it is unfair to generalize a community based on some peoples actions. Not all straight people are trying to steal from gay culture...like not all white people are trying to white wash PoC. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

gagzus

A famous drag queen in Australia is a straight male and has never tried to do any of that. I think it is unfair to generalize a community based on some peoples actions. Not all straight people are trying to steal from gay culture...like not all white people are trying to white wash PoC. 

true but i'd say it a majority of both straight and white people, not all but a vast majority do it whether intentionally or not it still happens. But then again a large amount of black people tried to overshadow Caitlyn Jenner coming out with racial issues when it was a Trans issue not a racial one.

Benji

Ok those yes. I agree with that 100%. But tbh Queens like Bianca ( comedy) and Violet - who is an aerobic artist ( I have no idea what that thing she does is called)  are some of the ones I would hardly call flashing their tuck for a quick buck. Even Alaska I would say is alot more classy than the ones who are just flashing tuck aka Willam

Mmm, I'm just not sure how I feel about putting them on a stage that's to be seen by the whole world. Especially considering the fact they will probably have little control over what they're told to do.

I'm just fed up with seeing these names popping up but rarely for something good. Of course, they're entertainers but I don't think they're even bothered by the fact that they're probably going to be exploited. :saladga:

Katsuki Bakugo

Mmm, I'm just not sure how I feel about putting them on a stage that's to be seen by the whole world. Especially considering the fact they will probably have little control over what they're told to do.

I'm just fed up with seeing these names popping up but rarely for something good. Of course, they're entertainers but I don't think they're even bothered by the fact that they're probably going to be exploited. :saladga:

They went on Rupaul's drag race. They have already been exploited...

Katsuki Bakugo

true but i'd say it a majority of both straight and white people, not all but a vast majority do it whether intentionally or not it still happens. But then again a large amount of black people tried to overshadow Caitlyn Jenner coming out with racial issues when it was a Trans issue not a racial one.

So basically the world is a piece of fu-ckery and we need to start again. 

gagzus

So basically the world is a piece of fu-ckery and we need to start again. 

basically, the irony that the whole end of the world in 2012 theory and ever since late 2012 the world has gone downhill except for Marriage Equality and Trans Visibility lol

Benji

They went on Rupaul's drag race. They have already been exploited...

True.

A lot of my local queens dig into Drag Race but I suppose the typical drag you see in the UK is very different to a lot of that superficial drag.

Katsuki Bakugo

basically, the irony that the whole end of the world in 2012 theory and ever since late 2012 the world has gone downhill except for Marriage Equality and Trans Visibility lol

Praise be to Jenner!

Katsuki Bakugo

True.

A lot of my local queens dig into Drag Race but I suppose the typical drag you see in the UK is very different to a lot of that superficial drag.

and I guess you can say that Ru herself was a pioneer and is involved in the exploitation. But is there really a right way to expose the world to Drag Culture?? I know a lot of straight people in Australia who watch and love Drag Race and they are business executives too... but I don't think alot of drags in my hometown have the talents that the show drags do... mostly because the ones in my town are over 45 and nasty.

Katsuki Bakugo

True.

Miss Fame to me is superficial and give me her over anyone any day... 

DrewStevens

Is it weird that although I love a lot of the queens in the OP.... I'm kind of annoyed that they're doing it? :rip:

I love RuPaul's drag race but that is just one dimension of drag and it's almost cheapening drag, in my opinion. It's actually kind of annoying that a few of the queens seem more worried about a cashing a quick cheque rather than actually doing anything for the community? Obviously that doesn't apply to all of them as quite a few have given back to the community but I can't help but feel some of this is actually just becoming exploitation of the gay community.

Well I guess they want to make more money and fame out of their work like most performers. I don't blame them for doing this, but Miley seems to be using them to get exposure and not giving them actual exposure. Same happened when she used little people and black women as props for her performances. 

Archived