💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has never had a filler track

BricksNStrings

Featured Posts

BricksNStrings

Gaga has made some songs that I don't like, and a lot of songs that various fans and critics don't like. But let's be clear - she has NEVER made a "filler" track. Even if though this is filed as an opinion thread, let me be clear that this is not an opinion: it is a fact.

This is NOT saying all of her album tracks are good. Let's say, if some of the songs she has put on her albums are objectively bad (i.e. Jewels and  Drugs, even though I love it I can admit that some may consider it a weak track, or Money Honey, which Gaga in an interview during the Born This Way cycle admitted was a song she didn't think was any good anymore)....neither of these songs, and no songs she has ever released fall into this category.

Filler tracks are not songs you just want to skip, or songs you think are bad. A filler track is a track that is put on the album to fill up extra space - i.e. a song that is there just to be there. You can hate as many songs as you want - you can argue as many songs as you want are bad, or good, or anything - but none of the songs in Gaga's entire discography were put there just to fill up space. Whether they failed or succeeded, every song on her records were written with a specific intention and were put on the album.

When you write 75-100 songs for an album (as was the case for The Fame and ARTPOP), and only 14 or 15 make it on, would someone please explain to me why in the world an artist with as much of a hand in her work as Gaga would put a track on the album just to fill up space, when there are countless other songs that could have had that song's spot? And along the same lines, when you have a concept album like Born This Way where each song has a specific theme that fits with the overarching theme, how could a song possibly be a filler track just to "fill up space". And in The Fame Monster, Gaga released a record of 8 songs as her second album, and said that it was a complete piece of work - she spoke against adding 4-6 more and calling it a "real album" because it was complete as it was.

This is a very important distinction because a lot of Gaga's contemporaries go through libraries of songs and need "a few more" to fill up space between the hits. Gaga does not operate this way.

Do you agree or disagree? And if you disagree, don't give the lame argument "this song is bad, so therefore it is filler" because that's simply not true.

FA-SHION!

Sounding dreadful and ruining ARTPOP

*Cue verse*

TimisaMonster

Then you would have to assume that no artist puts fillers on an album....

How would you know what song classifies as a filler? Do you know it was added to fill up space? Are bonus songs filler songs even if they're good or bad? Aka in BTW 

See what I'm saying...Plus, Gaga has admitted that some songs on her albums were chosen by other people...not her so in her eyes they were filled tracks when she had others in mind...like Applause

Plus, how can you say Gaga has no fillers but everyone else does...that's extremely unlikely now that we're on her 5th album...she and fans know what the fillers are :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

crisTEAne

i agree. even though i skip money honey and jewels & d--gs most of the time, i don't consider them to be fillers because thematically their places are perfectly justifiable. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

FrankGutz

I actually don't believe in 'fillers' there's no point in leaving so many demos/songs out of records if you're gonna fill it with crap, usually the songs that ppl hate they call them fillers, like Jewels N' Drugs, i really love it, that one and Swine and maybe those are fillers for the 90% of this fanbase, so... i really don't give a **** about fillers, usually some of them eventually are my fave songs, they're just a masterpiece to be found.

And another thing is if you make an totally crappy album that the only songs that worth it are the singles, but oh well, i don't waste my time with those artists

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Quasi

THANK YOU! I've been thinking this way for a while. I always cringe at the thought of a Gaga "filler" cause I know how much effort she puts into every song. This needs to be said. :applause:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

FrankGutz

FA-SHION!

*Cue verse*

i love that song, the Daft Punk vibe is really cool, so :miley:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Harry

"Even if though this is filed as an opinion thread, let me be clear that this is not an opinion: it is a fact."

:lmao: 

TEANUS

Jewels n Drugs has a place on ARTPOP because the album is about thinking outside the box, exploring new themes, and expanding the outlook of pop music into a complete art form, not simply mindless dance music, so, it works.

And, i know some people consider Swine to be bad/ a filler, and to them I give a solid :fail:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

JazzGa

See I feel like there are no hard and fast rules/"facts" when it comes to deciding if a track is a filler or not, but some are more universally agreed upon than others. To me a filler track is a song that isn't necessarily bad but is just sort of unremarkable compared to the other songs on the album.  imo I Like it Rough is definitely a filler song, and so is BJcrossthingyAF. Other songs like JnD and Americano definitely have a more than average % of people who think they aren't her best but they are very memorable so I wouldn't call them fillers 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

AnglerfishbraBENUS

FA-SHION!

*Cue verse*

Fashion! is one of the best songs on ARTPOP. Period.  It's also the most musical.  I go to a performing arts college and the department is performing it and I'm singing.  It's the best.  Listen to it when you are high.

warhol killer

FA-SHION!

*Cue verse*

um no i disagree the song ending not with the chorus is :legend:

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Archived