💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Flop that is Gaga since 2013

Noah

Featured Posts

Sooo, 

It’s just a typical Night and I have so many thoughts on Gaga and her „flopping“ and everything on my head right now, that I just wanted to share.

So ever since the overexposure she had with the Born This Way Era, the GP had enough of Gaga. When she came to the US with her BTWBall Tour, I feel like these „fat“ comments or „lipsync“ comments started getting into the Media. Gaga was literally just hated for no reason. After the Hip Break, which some people say was „fake because of poor ticket sales“, she took a (well deserved) break. Which I actually liked - but I wish it was longer.

In the first half of 2013 there wasn’t much new music by the (real/known) Pop Stars, but then in the second half Miley, Katy, Britney etc. came with their new Albums. It was a lot of Pop Music at once. Miley and Katy obviously dominated 2013.

It all started with the „We Can’t Stop“ Video, which broke the Vevo Record, the ‚shocking‘ VMA Performance, for which Gaga needed to make her’s less controversial so Miley could have the Spotlight and more. Miley was a force to not be wrecking with, she truly came in like a wrecking ball :hunty:. I’m not gonna talk about Katy now because we all know what happened, Roar sold more than Applause in the first week. But even though, Roar did outsell Applause, Katy had a lot of Promotion with the Pepsi Deal and more, everyone still expected Gaga, who didn’t break a Vevo Record or had a No.1 Single from the Album that’s about to come out, to outsell Miley and Katy. And why did/do many people call it a „flop“ ? because she couldn’t pleasure their expectations.

I just feel like even though Gaga got a lot of hate from the GP from 2012 until a few months ago, they still expected her to sell more because they know she was extremely talented. Most critics actually only bashed „ARTPOP“ because the GP hated her during that time, so they jumped on the bandwagon. So, even though Gaga won some new fans (or old fans back) with the Oscar Performance or Cheek to Cheek, there are still People saying „Gaga is over since 2011“. Yet these people are the ones who stop her and her legacy from being over :derpga:.

Gaga has achieved so much since 2013, she had 2 Worldwide Multi Million selling Singles (Applause and Do What U Want) two Number #1 Albums, won a Grammy, has an Emmy Nomination, had Promotional Singles from her Album Charting in the Top 40 of various Countries, she’s in many art museums or exhibitions about Jeff Koons with ARTPOP, she was (or is still idk) in Louvre, she will be starring one of the biggest TV Shows at the Moment and she has a Million-Dollar-Worth Dog modeling for COACH. The „flop“ ARTPOP and Cheek to Cheek have both Sold Out Tours. Seriously, Gaga has achieved so much with a „flop“ Era or a „flop“ Album or for „being over“. Just because ARTPOP didn’t sold more than 2 Million copies Worldwide doesn’t mean the next one isn't able to do so. :queenga:

these are my thoughts:love:

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Alcina Dimitrescu

For the reading disabled people that consist most of this forum population, what the op is trying to say is that Gaga did good for flopping.

It's still an artistical flop imo :proud:

ViviLittleM

Still upset that the artRAVE didn't gross 100M. :crossed:

Pretty sure Live Nation added enough shows for 100M but things didn't go as planned.

tumblr_mz3qmtHfYp1qdmb8eo5_250.gif

For the reading disabled people that consist most of this forum population, what the op is trying to say is that Gaga did good for flopping.

It's still an artistical flop imo :proud:

Where are you getting this from?

:rip:

-----------------

I agree though, if it was a "flop", it was a "flop" I thoroughly enjoyed!

Still upset that the artRAVE didn't gross 100M. :crossed:

Pretty sure Live Nation added enough shows for 100M but things didn't go as planned.

tumblr_mz3qmtHfYp1qdmb8eo5_250.gif

Some more shows in Asia and she wouldve gotten that 100M tour gross easily. Didn't she gross +2M per show there?

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

prince

I don't even think she flopped, she was just out-shadowed by artists such as Miley and Katy. They did really well with their music and gained a lot of press and promotion, if they hadn't been as successful Gaga probably wouldn't have been labeled a flop. Sure she didn't sell as much as her previous works but aside the problems with her management she didn't do too badly 

Benji

Completely ignoring the album content. Gags was pretty much lined up to fail unless she really turned it out, which was obviously her intention with all the plans but they fell through because of various reasons, mostly out of her control.

I'm pretty much over the ARTPOP era. It could have and should have gone better, but it could have gone a lot worse. We got some pretty good jams from the album despite a chunk of it not really being my taste so whatever.

I'm perched for LG5 as RedOne and her make magic.

ViviLittleM

Some more shows in Asia and she wouldve gotten that 100M tour gross easily. Didn't she gross +2M per show there?

She grossed 7M with 2 shows in Japan. She needed shows in the rest of Asia too!!!!!

the fact that gaga at her worst is at the same level as her peers in their best moments kinda says it all doesn't it:redface:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Gaga did outsell Miley in worldwide album sales though

But she had two really successful Singles and Music Videos that gained a lot of Attention she was basically talked about on all (Social) Media

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Archived