Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

My appreciation of the way Gaga's voice sounds isn't always consistent

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

This is really weird phenomenon that happens to me. I could be listening to the same exact performance at different times and sometimes I will really love the way Gaga's voice sounds and other times I will notice these little imperfections and think she just sounds ok. I guess I have to be in the mood for her voice or something in order to fully enjoy listening to her. This doesn't happen with the recorded versions though.

Does this happen to anyone else?

gagzus

Yes, for example, I much prefer her studio voices and her deep voice from pre-BTW era than the vocals she uses now. But i also liked Dope but not her voice during the Oscars really.

djBuffoon

...Not to me, no. But I think Gaga embraces the flaws in her voice, rather than shy away from them. Same thing that Sia does. Doesn't always sound pleasant, but definitely makes for a more compelling listen.

Katie14

Yes, for example, I much prefer her studio voices and her deep voice from pre-BTW era than the vocals she uses now. But i also liked Dope but not her voice during the Oscars really.

Really? I thought everyone loved her Oscars performance. Well everyone besides Steven Sondheim.

Cody Draco

I don't know if I'm exactly on topic, but sometimes I can't listen to Gaga at all.

Her voice and her music is too outgoing for me to listen to 24/7.

Whereas artists like Lana, Ben Howard, Daughter, etc. are much more soothing to my ears.

Duella Dvil

I love how the song NEVER sounds the same live.

Born this way, Just Dance, and some others you can tell she enjoys the song because she is always changing it up and having fun with the song, like i watch the performances of just dance through her career. (Vocally speaking) Not a one is similar to another, same with Paparazzi or Applause, it's like a character. It's vocal theatre

www.instagram.com/theduella666

gagzus

Really? I thought everyone loved her Oscars performance. Well everyone besides Steven Sondheim.

I'll put my reply in spoilers before the ppl appear calling me a fake stan for having an opinion

I liked it but i didn't love it, i've felt for the past year she's constantly tried too hard to make people think she can sing where as years ago she didn't care as long as she knew and we knew that's all that mattered, i feel she cares too much for the GP & critics now tbh. I mean that's just my opinion on the matter ofc i'm not saying she was but that's all i've been getting for a year nigh on tbh. 

gagzus

I love how the song NEVER sounds the same live.

Born this way, Just Dance, and some others you can tell she enjoys the song because she is always changing it up and having fun with the song, like i watch the performances of just dance through her career. (Vocally speaking) Not a one is similar to another, same with Paparazzi or Applause, it's like a character. It's vocal theatre

that's mainly because she has choreography and the studio track has vocal correction and sometimes autotune that's why it never sounds the same live plus obviously studio tracks they make several takes of small parts of the song and edit them all together. I do love how she changes the themes and visuals with the performances tho.

Jesse Pinkman

Her voice sounds slightly different now. I can't really put my finger on it. I guess she's going for a more rockish vibe? Or maybe her range has expanded because of C2C.

It's science, bitch

Duella Dvil

that's mainly because she has choreography and the studio track has vocal correction and sometimes autotune that's why it never sounds the same live plus obviously studio tracks they make several takes of small parts of the song and edit them all together. I do love how she changes the themes and visuals with the performances tho.

I mean between live versions the voicing is completely different compare So you think you can Dance Just Dance to the Jingle Bell Ball 2013, Two COMPLETELY different tracks.

But not THAT different in instrumentation. But vocally she does it completely different

www.instagram.com/theduella666

gagzus

I mean between live versions the voicing is completely different compare So you think you can Dance Just Dance to the Jingle Bell Ball 2013, Two COMPLETELY different tracks.

But not THAT different in instrumentation. But vocally she does it completely different

i always sense she used live vocal correction sometimes during TF era tbh and VMAs 2009 was supposedly one of those times.

Archived