Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dope/TIHTY voice

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

We all know how well trained Gaga is. She not only knows how to sound good, but she is a master at manipulating her voice, changing resonant placement and timbre at will. It's how she goes from TF voice to TEOG to jazz to the sound of Music to MANiCURE and everywhere else, and why she can sing any genre. 

So I was listening to Dope and it finally struck me I think why it sounds so different.  I think The Dope sound is what Gaga gets when she basically drops her training, quits intentionally shaping her voice, and just sings.  I can hear her natural speaking voice more in the Dope vocals than any other time. 

Maybe that's why many don't like it. It's too raw. But it makes total sense with what she's doing with the songs. What do you think?

Creyk

I think they are not the same in the two songs, but it's a nice idea. Maybe that is how she sings when she tries to be more "raw" 

Let's just all be super grateful she did not sing Speechless in that way

Benji

I love it when she does that rough voice.

I'm not the biggest fan of Dope or TIHTY but I have confidence that if she made a song using the same vocal technique (or whatever you want to call it) with something more to my taste, it would quite easily be one of my favourite Gaga tracks.

she sounds more operatic nowadays

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

gagzus

I always loved Dope because it is so raw and emotional, i'm glad it replaced IWBWY because I imagined IWBWY would've had her octaves edited to sound sweet and I didn't think I needed that after the roughness in her voice in MJH (with it's genius production, lyrics and vocals) and I think Dope makes perfect sense after MJH it's like the quick and harsh comedown she had after her hip broke.

As a song, it's strong and emotional, no editing little to no reverb and only like 3 instrumental layers; piano, bass and that ambient synth in the second and last chorus

Didymus

She drops her training? :rip: No.

I mean, Gaga has admitted long ago now that nearly every single vocal on all of her released work (except for C2C) was edited by Interscope. Exceptions I can imagine are Speechless and Yoü and I. That type of voice isn't that far off from Dope/TIHTY. It's just more natural, but that doesn't mean there's no technique in it.

CannaeDrive

Basically, it's her "singing in the shower" voice. I like it.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Cody Draco

Dope vocals >>>>>>>>>>> TIHTY vocals

I think it's actually kind of amazing how Gaga's vocals can change along with her instrumental sounds.

Babel

She uses a similar "raw" voice in the verses/last chorus of Bad Romance. It's nothing new from her.

Maybe it's less noticeable on it because the production is louder than it Dope / TIHTY,

i dislike it. it's sounds like she has a cold. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Cody Draco

It's a put-on voice and she sounds like she's coughing up a lung while her body is being rolled into the mortuary the end

I actually love Dope but I also love you and this post.

I guess that makes me a #fakefan but whatevs.:lmao:

She drops her training? :rip: No.

I mean, Gaga has admitted long ago now that nearly every single vocal on all of her released work (except for C2C) was edited by Interscope. Exceptions I can imagine are Speechless and Yoü and I. That type of voice isn't that far off from Dope/TIHTY. It's just more natural, but that doesn't mean there's no technique in it.

Speechless and You and I are the perfect examples of Gaga's raw voice they sound wayyy better Dope/TIHTY

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Bradley

I like her Dope voice, I think it's what makes her Gaga, it's a unique voice and it should be appreciated. Glad to find that in Till It Happens To You again. Gaga and her team actually sent Dope for Grammy consideration and obviously they were of the opinion that the song had great vocals compared to other tracks.

Archived