Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did The Weeknd find success because of Gaga?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Creyk

As you all know, back in 2011 The Weeknd's remix of Marry The Night was released as an official remix when MTN was a single. And bam, who finds major Mainstream success 4 years later? Is it because of Gaga, who put him on the map? Is pop culture truly ha b---h? :gaycat: 

Funnily, most of The Weeknd's album sounds a lot like this remix actually. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

No, I believe he found commercial success partially because of Drake.

The Weeknd has been around for awhile now, I believe Drake raised his profile and helped him climb in popularity.

Didymus

It's probably his 2011 EP getting critical acclaim and being nominated for the Polaris Music Prize :sweat:

barcodemonster

they were starting to get big about 3 years ago with Wicked Games and Remember Me... Then they faded away and came back with Love Me Harder and BAM they own 2015 :Jase:

scan my barcode

Creyk

I think Love Me Harder made him relevant in the mainstream

I agree, LMH brought him back but Gaga was his first connection to a major artist, no? So in that way she put him on the map

Creyk

Didn't even know he was in a remix :rip: 

Go and listen then sis, the remix is only 20000000 times better than the original 

YAAAAS the queen ha generosity :giveup: 

In all seriousness though, no, she did not, but The Weeknd is amazing and he's easy on the eye too except for that abomination he calls hair.

Born To Slay

I agree, LMH brought him back but Gaga was his first connection to a major artist, no? So in that way she put him on the map

I don't agree, this wasn't big enough to get credit. The song peaked at 29 and this remix of it wasn't heard by 99.9% of people. Also, I think Ariana would've hooked up with him regardless.

Archived