💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was ARTPOP overhyped?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Benji

ARTPOP was the most overhyped album by Gaga and her team. I don't think people remember all of the hype we got, let's explore -

1) Very early title announcement
2) New song on tour with no release date looming
3) Sound puzzles
4) Early producer reveals
5) Recording studio pictures
6) Secret events casting speculation
7) Very early lyric releases
8) Inventions unveiled early
9) New music being played from the car

All of this was WAY before we actually got a date.

-----------------------------------------------------

To say ARTPOP wasn't over hyped is bizarre... it was being hyped for well over a year before it's release.

Also, it's all very well saying "oh the fans hyped it up" but that's the whole point of hype? Think of it like a ripple in a pond, they drop a stone in and it ripples outwards... that's hype.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

ARTPOP was the most overhyped album by Gaga and her team. I don't think people remember all of the hype we got, let's explore -

1) Very early title announcement
2) New song on tour with no release date looming
3) Sound puzzles
4) Early producer reveals
5) Recording studio pictures
6) Secret events casting speculation
7) Very early lyric releases
8) Inventions unveiled early
9) New music being played from the car

-----------------------------------------------------

To say ARTPOP wasn't over hyped is bizarre... it was being hyped for well over a year before it's release.

Also, it's all very well saying "oh the fans hyped it up" but that's the whole point of hype? Think of it like a ripple in a pond, they drop a stone in and it ripples outwards... that's hype.

2,3 had nothing to do with the album

5,6 happened in all albums

except from the early title all else are proper hype tbh. You rpobaly don't remember the BTW is you think that AP is Gaga's more hyped album.

crisTEAne

Well.. you could rationalize it like that now but it still became a disappointment, mostly because Gaga never gave an explanation for why none of those things came true. If she, quickly after she knew that the era was gonna crash and burn, had corrected most of her claims a lot of the era would've been different (imo).

She did, but it was already way too late then. And if the app, the masterpiece of this era, was an idea she wasn't even fond of, she shouldn't have brought it up in like 2012 during Fame perfume interviews either, promising an innovative network that would push her entire career into a next level.

I'm not even blaming her & I'm totally over ARTPOP and its failures but I don't see why you have to bend your mind into ridiculous ways just to defend Gaga or something. The era and its promises were completely overblown, I really don't understand how you couldn't agree with that.

contradictory much? make up your mind. :smh: 

that sentence is RICH coming form you. :lmao: let me fix it for you: I don't see why you have to bend your mind into ridiculous ways just to criticize Gaga or something.

OT: AP was certainly not overhyped in the eyes of the GP. in europe, some people didn't even know that she had a new album out. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Benji

2,3 had nothing to do with the album

5,6 happened in all albums

except from the early title all else are proper hype tbh. You rpobaly don't remember the BTW is you think that AP is Gaga's more hyped album.

Yes they did? She even said it's a taste of what's to come? :rip:

Yes they do, it's hype though..............? :rip:

I do remember Born This Way, it was hyped up like mad but it wasn't overhyped because in my opinion, it delivered exactly what it promised.

Didymus

contradictory much? make up your mind. :smh: 

that sentence is RICH coming form you. :lmao: let me fix it for you: I don't see why you have to bend your mind into ridiculous ways just to criticize Gaga or something.

What's contradictory though? :flop:

And I literally said in this thread (of course you didn't quote that post) that I'm NOT gunning for Gaga. And I don't have to bend my mind, honey, these are facts & I'm being perfectly on topic here. I didn't even post my opinion until someone quoted me so get your hating ass out of my face.

VforVendetta

Yes they did? She even said it's a taste of what's to come? :rip:

Yes they do, it's hype though..............? :rip:

I do remember Born This Way, it was hyped up like mad but it wasn't overhyped because in my opinion, it delivered exactly what it promised.

Yes but that is broken promised (for reasons we already know) it's not overhyping.

As for BTW that's a different thing, you and me maybe agree that it was the album of the decade but it's not a fact as well.

Also hype has nothing to do with the result. The things Gaga saind on ARTPOP were mainly aims for the Era regardless if she managed to do them in the end. With BTW (which is my favorite album of hers btw) she made many empty statements herself and her team, things she didn't need to say. As Didymus said, she didn't let the music speak.

crisTEAne

What's contradictory though? :flop:

And I literally said in this thread (of course you didn't quote that post) that I'm NOT gunning for Gaga. And I don't have to bend my mind, honey, these are facts & I'm being perfectly on topic here. I didn't even post my opinion until someone quoted me so get your hating ass out of my face.

(1) she NEVER gave an explanation. then stating: she DID, but...

(2) i'm not BLAMING her, but she SHOULDN'T HAVE...

:smh:

crisTEAne

Why everyone ends up fighting on my threads? :cryga:

i'm just pointing out his sloppiness. :hor:

Didymus

(1) she NEVER gave an explanation. then stating: she DID, but...

(2) i'm not BLAMING her, but she SHOULDN'T HAVE...

:smh:

Can you even read, sis?

"She did" was in response to something completely different :lmao:

Same for the blaming. I don't blame Gaga for the failed projects, but I do obviously blame her for not keeping us up to date about how everything was falling apart until it was already too late. How are you even trying to interpret my posts without the posts I'm replying to, talk about stupid.

Seems like you're the one doing the mind bending just to hate on me. Hilarious.

Benji

Yes but that is broken promised (for reasons we already know) it's not overhyping.

As for BTW that's a different thing, you and me maybe agree that it was the album of the decade but it's not a fact as well.

Also hype has nothing to do with the result. The things Gaga saind on ARTPOP were mainly aims for the Era regardless if she managed to do them in the end. With BTW (which is my favorite album of hers btw) she made many empty statements herself and her team, things she didn't need to say. As Didymus said, she didn't let the music speak.

What is "broken promised"? I haven't even spoke about the app, the album was well overhyped before that image talking about the app etc was even revealed.

Oh please, Elton John said that and it randomly caught on. Could we call it hype? Maybe, it did get us hyped but I've just been referring to what Gaga done.

Everything I posted wasn't aims? Reread it.

VforVendetta

What is "broken promised"? I haven't even spoke about the app, the album was well overhyped before that image talking about the app etc was even revealed.

Oh please, Elton John said that and it randomly caught on. Could we call it hype? Maybe, it did get us hyped but I've just been referring to what Gaga done.

Everything I posted wasn't aims? Reread it.

Broken promises, my mess :emma:

Most of the things you posted are natural hype or had nothing to do with ARTPOP. 

Of course the album must have hype, the abscense of hype is a bad thing.

Benji

Most of the things you posted are natural hype or had nothing to do with ARTPOP. 

Of course the album must have hype, the abscense of hype is a bad thing.

How are they not to do with ARTPOP? You're telling me, if she suddenly dropped a new sound she made with RedOne, that would not be hype for LG5? :emma:

You're gonna have to go through that list and tell me how it's not hype for ARTPOP, I don't understand how you can think it's not.

crisTEAne

Well.. you could rationalize it like that now but it still became a disappointment, mostly because Gaga never gave an explanation for why none of those things came true. If she, quickly after she knew that the era was gonna crash and burn, had corrected most of her claims a lot of the era would've been different (imo).

she did, she explained it as in short- messy management and she did not want to be affiliated with projects Troy helped or arranged for the era for her.

She did, but it was already way too late then. And if the app, the masterpiece of this era, was an idea she wasn't even fond of, she shouldn't have brought it up in like 2012 during Fame perfume interviews either, promising an innovative network that would push her entire career into a next level.

I'm not even blaming her & I'm totally over ARTPOP and its failures but I don't see why you have to bend your mind into ridiculous ways just to defend Gaga or something. The era and its promises were completely overblown, I really don't understand how you couldn't agree with that.

i think i can read, thanks. :flop:

Didymus

i think i can read, thanks. :flop:

Oh dude, make more effort than that pls. She explained it LIKE THAT but obviously that's not the way it went down and we never got any details, she still hasn't even mentioned the app until this day and we have zero idea about what went wrong to upset all those projects (incl. the four she never talked about after 2012). That's what I meant & if you weren't so intent on trashing me you would've understood that.

Archived