Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you over Gaga?

Carmex

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Not "over" her, but I'm not as excited about Gaga related things as I used to be. 

Things like the Oscars and TIHTY got me excited, and I'm definitely ready for the next album, but it's more of a take it as it comes thing for me right now, rather than desperately needing it asap. I'm finding myself pretty burned out on her older music as well. 

Mainly what I'm saying is that I still love her, I just think I need a bit of a break. Which I guess is kind of what she's giving us right now. 

What I'm really "over" is the drama within the fanbase. I just want to have fun and be a fan, but it feels like there's always some kind of fight going on. *sigh*

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga

the thing is, I NEVER know what to expect from Gaga, and that actually makes me a bigger fan.   She is multi-talented.  I love seeing someone continuously challenge themselves, try new things, expand their horizons.   When some people talk of Gaga's "career" all they see is "pop star", but I see a multi-dimensional vocalist, musician, theatrical performer, actress, and whatever the hell else she decides to be.  I can relate to Gaga... she gets bored easily if she is stuck doing the same thing all the time.   So she continuously shifts and challenges herself.  The difference between me and Gaga is that I do a bunch of things with mediocrity, whereas she puts everything she has into each new effort.  Yes, maybe she doesn't have the drive to be the #1 pop star anymore.  But thats because she's been there, done that.   Time to move on.   I'm not over Gaga because I enjoy watching someone that has the complete freedom to explore their abilities.  I'm a fan of Gaga, Stefani Germanotta, not just a fan of a pop star.

thank you for blessing us all with your flawless post. I actually teared up reading it cause I feel exactly the same way! :runhug:

Not "over" her, but I'm not as excited about Gaga related things as I used to be. 

Things like the Oscars and TIHTY got me excited, and I'm definitely ready for the next album, but it's more of a take it as it comes thing for me right now, rather than desperately needing it asap. I'm finding myself pretty burned out on her older music as well. 

Mainly what I'm saying is that I still love her, I just think I need a bit of a break. Which I guess is kind of what she's giving us right now. 

What I'm really "over" is the drama within the fanbase. I just want to have fun and be a fan, but it feels like there's always some kind of fight going on. *sigh*

Well done, this fanbase is always complaining

Pity Party

I wouldn't say i'm "over" her. I'm over Lana though her music has become boring and monotonous af so I don't even check up on her anymore at all. I still frequent GGD everyday even though i'm not listening to any of her music or excited about the next album. 

Cody Draco

Yeah it's been a downward slope for me as a fan since the DWUW video mess.

Then her whole Jazz era/persona came and was a huge turn off for me.

I still respect her as an artist but she's definitely not my main squeeze anymore.

I'll still be checking for LG5 tho hoping to be slayed again like ARTPOP. :coffee:

No lol. Actually getting more into her right now with AHS coming up. I'm stoked for the rest of this year and next year. I think they're gonna be huge for her.

Cody Draco

I wish I could've worded my post as well as you worded yours. This is how I feel too. :hug:

chromaticka

To be 100% honest, I was never a HUGE Gaga fan until 2013. I met my friend my sophomore year of high school and he was obsessed with her. We started talking more and more about her, then suddenly one day i found myself buying all the past albums and listening to her ALL the time. I am fairly new to her Godliness and I think that's why I'm so so so excited about every little thing that she does. If you asked me that in 10 years I would probably still say no haha. She has become a big part of my life and I'm definitely not afraid to admit that. My mom says I have an addiction :flirt:

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

Applause

Not as into her new things I guess. Just seems kinda dull lately.. I like to go back and watch her old performances on YouTube to remember how fun it was to watch her perform. I love the much music awards (2009) performance, so, so much! I just watched it last night, haha.

Xalser

yASSsss

Not over her, but there are far more interesting artists out there at this point. However, I am definitely over the mentality of being a Gaga fan, over the bias and the culture of viewing her as a supreme (within this fan base) when in reality her music is not even exceptionally great or unique.

i think people here already told u this before but i'm saying it again,why exactly are u here if u're not her fan...u just said u don't find her music that great,not to mention u always like to discredit her work with all the Madonna comparisons:smh:

if u want to respond,plz do not give me a diplomatic ans.and no,i didn't quote u to get likes,if that's what u're thinking 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Rabbit Heart

I'll never be! She runs in my DNA! 

Tbh I think people who were huge little monsters are now leaving for some other artist who seems more popular are nothing more but hypocrites! 

And for me no one in music industry today has more versatility than Gaga, nor they try to bring something new and fresh, and I like her cuz she's daring and still delivers amazing music! 

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth", and that's exactly what happend to little monsters who kept hearing Gaga is over and ARTPOP was flop! :) 

Archived