question

Are you over Gaga?

Carmex

Featured Posts

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

(1) Not over her, but there are far more interesting artists out there at this point.

(2) However, I am definitely over the mentality of being a Gaga fan,

(3) over the bias and the culture of viewing her as a supreme (within this fan base)

(4) when in reality her music is not even exceptionally great or unique.

(1) that's subjective.

(2) than you really shouldn't be here. 

(3) what do you expect from a gaga fanbase? bias is an organic part of idolizing someone. plus, not only do the majority of the fanbase have that perception of her, the world of legendary musicians and, as you can see, the (finest) representatives of the american acting community (e.g., AHS, meryl streep, etc) also share this view. 

(4) that's also subjective.

the point is that your pseudo-objectivity comes across as insincere and try-hard. most importantly, it makes people question the true intention of your posts and of you being here. if you're over "the mentality of being a Gaga fan," you should avoid participating in any active form. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

artRaver

The topic is a flop because nobody is over Gaga. :queenga:

How is this topic a flop if there's people stating otherwise? :green:

On topic: I'm not over her and I don't think I'd ever be any time soon but I've definitely lost some interest which isn't a bad thing! It gives me time to venture into new/old artists and genres of music I forgot about while being caught up in her. :hunty:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Not really. On the first page alone, we had:

-No not really but I don't really care much about her right now.

-YES, I am over gaga

-As if an award is going to make me come running back as Little Monster when I STAN Lana Del Rey

You know that the majority of people here don't read through a whole thread, they barely read the OP if it is over a paragraph! lol These above selections are the comments people are seeing. They scan the OP and first page, click on the last page and read the comments there before they post their comment.(that's the most that they do) You also know that you have to close threads to turn discussions back on topic, once they go off...and even then people plow straight ahead into off topic territory.

none of the posts you quoted are offensive

you need to stop being overly dramatic/defensive 

Dorothy Gale

I'm not over Gaga at all. I was a bit disinterested during 2014, but she's been slaying me a lot in 2015.

Whispering

none of the posts you quoted are offensive

you need to stop being overly dramatic/defensive 

Never said they were offensive. Reread the conversation. You missed the entire point. 

That won't work with me. 

Never said they were offensive. Reread the conversation. You missed the entire point. 

That won't work with me. 

you bolded the part and you..

you know what no talking to you is really pointless  

yASSsss

yay I'm the same! Instead of saying basically the same thing I thought I'll just quote you haha. 

:hi5:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Whispering

you bolded the part and you..

you know what no talking to you is really pointless  

This is the part of Kayla's post that I bolded:

"and the people who haven't been thrilled are saying they still love her and will stick by her. "

That's the part I was giving examples for. I did not say they were offensive. Reread the conversation.

Then quit quoting me. 

(1) that's subjective.

(2) than you really shouldn't be here. 

(3) what do you expect from a gaga fanbase? bias is an organic part of idolizing someone. plus, not only do the majority of the fanbase have that perception of her, the world of legendary musicians and, as you can see, the (finest) representatives of the american acting community (e.g., AHS, meryl streep, etc) also share this view. 

(4) that's also subjective.

the point is that your pseudo-objectivity comes across as insincere and try-hard. most importantly, it makes people question the true intention of your posts and of you being here. if you're over "the mentality of being a Gaga fan," you should avoid participating in any active form. 

1) Duh.

2) Not really, just because I have my own perspectives and choose not to practice this unhealthy mentality of bias does not      necessarily link to whether I like her or not.

3) Just because it became a norm to allow yourself to think in that manner does not mean that it is right or healthy, and no, many legends praised her for her talents, but they don't hold her in the same delusional -above anyone- regard like you guys do.

4) Again, I wont be able to say anything that would change your mind so I wont waste my time trying to do so. You can believe that its a subjective matter if you wish, thats fine by me.

The intentions behind my post? As if Im to be a--lyzed. Its simple, there are no secret intentions, just well constructed opinions. 

giskardsb

the thing is, I NEVER know what to expect from Gaga, and that actually makes me a bigger fan.   She is multi-talented.  I love seeing someone continuously challenge themselves, try new things, expand their horizons.   When some people talk of Gaga's "career" all they see is "pop star", but I see a multi-dimensional vocalist, musician, theatrical performer, actress, and whatever the hell else she decides to be.  I can relate to Gaga... she gets bored easily if she is stuck doing the same thing all the time.   So she continuously shifts and challenges herself.  The difference between me and Gaga is that I do a bunch of things with mediocrity, whereas she puts everything she has into each new effort.  Yes, maybe she doesn't have the drive to be the #1 pop star anymore.  But thats because she's been there, done that.   Time to move on.   I'm not over Gaga because I enjoy watching someone that has the complete freedom to explore their abilities.  I'm a fan of Gaga, Stefani Germanotta, not just a fan of a pop star.

monketsharona

This kind of threads are always made when she's on a break between 2 eras and we are all still here lol I guess it's the proof we are not over with Gaga ^^

Archived