Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Katy and Taylor Feud neutralized my hate on Katy

Hope

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked Katy in the beginning after watching her interviews, then I noticed as I continued watching her interviews she became less interesting and more "airheaded" and ditzy. I don't think she got "dumber" or anything, but there was definitely a change that I didn't like. 

I also preferred her style when she came out- that 50s look. :flutter:

Nowadays I find her to be rather cringeworthy but I'm not against her attitude as much. She seems to be trying more and maturing more. Ultimately I've got nothing against her at this point, and I can't say her "feud" with Taylor truly impacted how I feel about her. 

That's because Taylor is on top right now and you're pressed.

Can we stop reducing every argument against Taylor to "You're pressed because she's successful"? 

Not everyone has to like her, and not everyone who dislikes her feels that way because they're jealous or pressed or whatever. 

EDIT: Taylor's success is getting her more attention, and it was the hype around 1989 that encouraged me to look into her more. I watched interviews, listened to the album, and determined that I believe she's fake and I don't like her personality. 
I like Out of the Woods and the beginning of Style, I think her album cover was a good choice, and Trouble is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I don't like her and my opinions aren't formed out of jealousy of her success, although I think her success is built on business tactics more than a genuine heart, it's built out of purposely giving her a chance and finding I didn't like what I saw. 

I really liked Katy in the beginning after watching her interviews, then I noticed as I continued watching her interviews she became less interesting and more "airheaded" and ditzy. I don't think she got "dumber" or anything, but there was definitely a change that I didn't like. 

I also preferred her style when she came out- that 50s look. :flutter:

Nowadays I find her to be rather cringeworthy but I'm not against her attitude as much. She seems to be trying more and maturing more. Ultimately I've got nothing against her at this point, and I can't say her "feud" with Taylor truly impacted how I feel about her. 

Can we stop reducing every argument against Taylor to "You're pressed because she's successful"? 

Not everyone has to like her, and not everyone who dislikes her feels that way because they're jealous or pressed or whatever. 

EDIT: Taylor's success is getting her more attention, and it was the hype around 1989 that encouraged me to look into her more. I watched interviews, listened to the album, and determined that I believe she's fake and I don't like her personality. 
I like Out of the Woods and the beginning of Style, I think her album cover was a good choice, and Trouble is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I don't like her and my opinions aren't formed out of jealousy of her success, although I think her success is built on business tactics more than a genuine heart, it's built out of purposely giving her a chance and finding I didn't like what I saw. 

YAAASS KAYLA YAASS SPEAK THE TRUTH, SPILL THAT TEA!!!

Kacey Elizabeth

Taylor > Katy in every single way. The fact alone that Katy capitalized on the LGBTQ community only when they became trendy and abandoned them without any further notion next single and pretended like nothing ever happened speaks volumes. Katy and her music is nothing but a marketing gag made by Dr. Luke.

Are you even serious? Do you know how off you sound? In August of 2013, Katy got into an argument with the prime administer of Australia because of his opposition against gay marriage. Plus, in 2010-2011, Katy did support the LGBT community a lot, and that was after the I Kissed a Girl single and era (I guess that was what you meant by saying she capitalized the LGBT community). That's why she won the Trevor Hero award in December of 2012. Try again. And if you really think that Katy is a product of Dr. Luke, then you're gravely mistaking. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Yet doesn't it say a lot that she debuted with self-written homophobe anthem Ur So Gay and the audio representation of the phrase "No Homo" called I Kissed A Girl but suddenly changed her tone as the LGBTQ+ community became a core target group that was seen as worthwhile for investation and exploitation? I never even heard about that collab thing with Madonna and if it was that V Magazine photoshoot spread they did some months ago well I don't think modelling spreads awareness about homophobia in Russia lmao

NOT YOU ACTUALLY THINKING THAT UR SO GAY IS HOMOPHOBIC! :sharon:

And Katy writes songs about what happens in her life, her experiences, feelings, and who she is. She actually did kiss a girl, long before she made it in the mainstream scene. It's no wonder she wrote, sung, and released I Kissed a Girl. 

:awkney: :awkney::awkney:

"flip switch with her bis-xual bs"

That's f*cked up to say. For once I am actually speechless that even fans believe a sensationalized gossip news story that was spread by a journalist who did not take basic reading comprehension courses and therefore misinterpreted an instagram caption.

Just give me warning points if you think speaking the truth is flamebait.

Truth? What truth?

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Prismatic

It's funny how some many people take "Ur So Gay" word for word. I personally don't find it offensive. If you actually look at the song as a whole rather than certain parts, she's talking about how bad of a lover this guy is. She is not discriminating or talking down any minority. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Whispering

:awkney: :awkney::awkney:

"flip switch with her bis-xual bs"

That's f*cked up to say. For once I am actually speechless that even fans believe a sensationalized gossip news story that was spread by a journalist who did not take basic reading comprehension courses and therefore misinterpreted an instagram caption.

Just give me warning points if you think speaking the truth is flamebait.

These people aren't fans! Even if they've figured out they should throw a compliment in here or there in their paragraphs upon paragraphs of constant negativity, that doesn't make them fans.

Whispering

I don't like one artist, because I dislike another one! :smh: Who does that...pathetic people overinvolved in these useless pop diva wars? What a giant waste of time! :fail:

I like what I like! Don't care if the artists that I enjoy listening to and following, adore or hate each other, tbh. :shrug:I enjoy the artists and the music I enjoy, simple and easy!

crisTEAne

:duck: Mess tbh. Gaga has been most vocal about supporting upcoming artists and she didn't make any serious effort to do that too.

Artists should focus on their own careers.

Well.. you can make the same parallel with Gaga :shrug: She even admitted herself that she only really pays attention to LGBTQ+ issues because she was received so warmly by the gay community. Of course she can say it in a nicer way but if anyone banked on the community, it's her :rip:And don't forget she also did the flip switch with her bis-xual bs.

gagz called jimmy iovine to sign zedd. 

what a ****ed up thing to say. :saladga:

she said countless times that she always had gay friends. they were the ones truly understanding her. remember her inside the outside interview? same thing happened when she dropped her debut album, TF. the gay community happened to support her... once again. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Arizonadream777

Ok, so back in 2013 when Katy boomed with her smash hits I was hating her so much, I thought she was a basic, talentless chick who aims hits. But after that, my hate was slowly decreasing, and after this feud with Taylor I completely stopped hating on her. Maybe because I've seen this Taylor  being greedy and hypocrite, and on the other side Katy, now seems just a harmless and cool chick.

What do you think? Did this feud also neutralized your hate on her?

Hidden Content

No I still hate her, but thanks for asking!

Riot Poof

I don't really care about the feud so it didn't really change my minimal respect for Katy. I've been a Taylor fan since Red tho. :later:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

yASSsss

We know hun, you express it fairly often :nick:

don't judge me...i already gave my reasons :messga: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

StrawberryBlond

I feel the same way. I don't see Katy as the threat to Gaga that she used to be. She's had a bit of bad luck recently and started getting criticism and the Prism era reminded me very much of the BTW era and we all know what came after BTW for Gaga...simply put, I've felt a bit sorry for Katy lately and the Bad Blood thing was just the cherry on top for her. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have a song and music video dedicated to you in a negative way and have it be a big hit. I'd be fuming if Taylor had done this to Gaga and just because I'm not a fan of Katy didn't make my reaction any different. Katy has done nothing wrong and Taylor totally overreacted in a way that a small child might if they had access to a recording studio and a multi million dollar budget. So, of course I'll support the artist who I felt was screwed over. It annoys me that Taylor has been rewarded for bringing down another artist (and a female one at that, so much for her claiming to support women) and I hope she does get some comeuppance with Katy responding in her own way. I generally don't believe in fighting fire with fire but life lessons can be learned with it and in this case, it can teach the importance of stepping back from the situation and thinking it over before charging in with a diss track, all guns blazing. It might teach her that if she wants to give it, she'd better learn to take it. I invented this phrase: "If you're going to throw stones at people, prepare to have those same stones thrown back at you and don't be surprised if they resort to throwing rocks too."

That's because Taylor is on top right now and you're pressed.

This is your answer to everything. Are you basically saying that Taylor should be immune to critcism? Sorry, but I don't think anyone should be immune to that, especially artists, who put themselves out there to be judged. If she didn't think she could take the heat, she shouldn't have elected herself to be famous in the first place.

Archived