💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if Gaga were black?

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

Here are some things off the top of my head.

* Her music would possibly have been more R&B, since she would've probably been more exposed to music traditionally associated with the African-American community. Then again, there are many black people who don't really listen to R&B or hip-hop. I think Santigold straight-up said that she doesn't listen to R&B. In addition, some black musicians have succeeded with dance-pop in the past, such as Janet Jackson and Rihanna. Basically, Black!Gaga could've been a significantly different performer or not that different to White!Gaga.

* She may not have been as successful as White!Gaga, especially if she was dark-skinned.

* She might have more black fans than she does now. This may come at the expense of not having as many white fans as she does now.

* She'd discuss racial issues more because she'd gain more of an understanding on how it is to be a person of color.

* Madonna stans and SJWs wouldn't be as vicious towards her.

But like... who knows? A lot of things can change if someone is born a different race, since many factors are tied into race, such as socioeconomics. Of course, different socioeconomics alone is enough to change someone. Gaga would've also been a different person if she was born into a poor white family in Alabama, for example.

My brain hurts. :saladga:

:applause:

Agreed.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riot Poof

I'm already hating the tan she got during 2014 and 2015, i wish she was as white as 2009, so beautiful... if she was black, i wouldn't know how to react

:awkney:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

crisTEAne

I'm already hating the tan she got during 2014 and 2015, i wish she was as white as 2009, so beautiful... if she was black, i wouldn't know how to react

more like JustifyMyRacism. :trollga:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Creyk

She wouldn't have that many fans and she would be compared to Beyonce all the time, sort of like Rihanna now

freebit

Some of these replies...:saladga:

I do think she'd be taken a lot more seriously and thus be respected more when it comes to social justice. If artists as messy as Nicki or Azealia can have otherwise level headed people still sticking up for them then Gaga would have had that tumblr crowd on lock. I do think she would have initially had a harder time breaking through into the pop market, and likely would never have had the biggest pop star debut since Britney Spears. Very much a hypothetical win some/lose some situation.

LoveandMagic

I've mentioned it before but that photoshoot reminds me a lot of this Japanese fashion trend: Ganguro

Here are some things off the top of my head.

* Her music would possibly have been more R&B, since she would've probably been more exposed to music traditionally associated with the African-American community. Then again, there are many black people who don't really listen to R&B or hip-hop. I think Santigold straight-up said that she doesn't listen to R&B. In addition, some black musicians have succeeded with dance-pop in the past, such as Janet Jackson and Rihanna. Basically, Black!Gaga could've been a significantly different performer or not that different to White!Gaga.

* She may not have been as successful as White!Gaga, especially if she was dark-skinned.

* She might have more black fans than she does now. This may come at the expense of not having as many white fans as she does now.

* She'd discuss racial issues more because she'd gain more of an understanding on how it is to be a person of color.

* Madonna stans and SJWs wouldn't be as vicious towards her.

But like... who knows? A lot of things can change if someone is born a different race, since many factors are tied into race, such as socioeconomics. Of course, different socioeconomics alone is enough to change someone. Gaga would've also been a different person if she was born into a poor white family in Alabama, for example.

My brain hurts. :saladga:

There's definitely a lot to think about since the tiniest factor can, hypothetically, cause the greatest of changes. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

It depends how deep you want to get into how her life would be different. Growing up black would expose her to a different upbringing, lifestyle, life experiences, etc. I imagine her art and expression would be very different. 

Or are you asking what if Gaga did everything exactly the same, just as a black woman?

If that's what you're going for, I think the Madonna comparisons would have been less and we would have seen her compared to Grace Jones more and she'd always be up against Beyonce. 

Voltaire

It'd make every one of her quotes one word longer.

"As a black Italian growing up in New York..."

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

StrawberryBlond

I just realised how many things would be different. She definitely wouldn't be compared to Madonna. It would definitely be aimed more at Beyonce, Rihanna, Grace Jones and the like. I never really noticed how you're more likely to get compared to people your own race. The hate towards her wouldn't be as vicious and she'd be praised for being a strong black woman and citied as a great example of black women finally getting success. Urban artists would definitely want to work with her. She might potentially be considered more conventionally attractive. She'd definitely have more black fans (probably at the expense of more white ones). I just feel in general, the public would be nicer because they're so afraid of being called racist. It's always in the back of my mind when I criticise any black artist - is that what other people are thinking? It would depend on the exact shade, though. It's not a coincidence that most successful black artists are the lighest skinned ones. The really dark ones don't get much promotion or any sort of coverage, unless they're male rappers maybe. 

Indeed, she might be a very different artist anyway. Having been raised in a different way, on different music, she'd obviously not be the Gaga we know. But this is just hypothetical. Just imagine that she is Gaga as we know her, just black.

Gaga would've also been a different person if she was born into a poor white family in Alabama, for example.

Just trying to imagine that. Wow, she would be different, wouldn't she? Would she be more country? Sing about different stuff? Be against the gays? Maybe she'd be the next country to pop crossover, having success like Taylor Swift! Now that's a mind f**k!

VforVendetta

It would probably change her music influences a lot. I also think that people would get more on the ''support her cause she is black and pushes the Pop boundaries and if you hate her you are a racist'' wagon while she gets hate for this now most of the time.

U7FWJjh.jpg

For example If Nicki Minaj wasn't black she would have joined the flop has beens a long time ago (probably at the beginning of her so called career) along with Iggy Azalea. Now every time she has a backlash and the masses have a glimpse of quality taste and call her out she plays the racism card and everybody gets backs cause noone wants to be called a racist.

Robotboy

i dont see the point in this question. but if you want my answer i have no idea. only that her skin would be darker :emma:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

TimisaMonster

Her entire life would be different...not just the color of her skin :smh:

Her family would need to be black thefore changing her circumstances to becoming the Gaga we all know and love...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

degenerate

:lmao:

Archived