đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Tomorrow: 1 Year Anniversary of "Shake It Off" Release (A Look Back)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Spock

She arrived on the pop scene and made everybody her b---h

tumblr_inline_nsu3ybg0FL1svy02f_500.gif

Her image changed but for the better, as she is seen as an adult now, not a teenage singer/songwriter. All that's happening right now is just a minor backlash that everybody will forget once T6 drops and slays everything and everyone, once again.

I just want to know where are all those peeps that said she was going to horribly flop with Shake It Off and 1989 because people weren't here for pop Taylor :lolgaga:

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

I feel she's lost a bit of integrity but she's been so successful so idk

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

1989 has some great bops it's a good pop album

i still dont really care about her that much

shake it off is/was horrible 

bionic

The album is great even if kinda basic.

Taylor as a person has gone from cute and tolerable to annoying and unbearable.

#justiceforblankspace

buy bionic

Kacey Elizabeth

IMHO, with 1989, Taylor left and lost everything which made her unique and decent as an artist and songwriter at the very first place. I was highly disappointed with Shake It Off. She completely sold out. The 1989 album wasn't any better either. It was very bland, formulaic and generic. She has become the exact opposite of the person that she described herself as in You Belong With Me. No wonder she doesn't even perform that song on her current tour, she probably acknowledges it herself. 

Taylor always has been annoying & fake, always was into pleasing the public and critics/formulaic,  and always made herself out to be an unique victim of some sort, but she took it to a whole another level in this era. This era has been the ultimate overexposure for her. It's very suspicious to me. 

In this era, Taylor has been trying way too hard. One of the things which she has been trying too hard on, is her trying to come out as s-xy, and it's very embarrassing, TBH. I literally feel second-hand embarrassment whenever Taylor tries to look or act s-xy. She'll never be a model material or a beauty. Sorry if I offend her fans by saying this, but it's the truth. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

JeffSwift

IMHO, with 1989, Taylor left and lost everything which made her unique and decent as an artist and songwriter at the very first place. I was highly disappointed with Shake It Off. She completely sold out. The 1989 album wasn't any better either. It was very bland, formulaic and generic. She has become the exact opposite of the person that she described herself as in You Belong With Me. No wonder she doesn't even perform that song on her current tour, she probably acknowledges it herself. 

Taylor always has been annoying & fake, always was into pleasing the public and critics/formulaic,  and always made herself out to be an unique victim of some sort, but she took it to a whole another level in this era. This era has been the ultimate overexposure for her. It's very suspicious to me. 

In this era, Taylor has been trying way too hard. One of the things which she has been trying too hard on, is her trying to come out as s-xy, and it's very embarrassing, TBH. I literally feel second-hand embarrassment whenever Taylor tries to look or act s-xy. She'll never be a model material or a beauty. Sorry if I offend her fans by saying this, but it's the truth. 

Sounds like you are getting confused with Katy's transition from her gospel album, to One Of The Boys, to Teenage Dream. Lol :-) 

Spock

nnnn not you of all people using words like bland, formulaic, generic and overexposed to describe Taylor when your fave is katy :lmao: 

And you're literally coping and pasting the opinion of another user here, it's kind of sad. Not only because of the copying, but because his point had already been slayed. YBWM was a permanent fixture on the Red Tour setlist and has been performed like 5 times as a wild-card surprise song on the 1989 World Tour. So besides that point being really tacky and dumb, it's not even true, since the only pre Red song that made the cut is Love Story; she is paying dust to a lot of songs. And Taylor is not by any means having a s-xual awakening and trying to be s-xy :toofunny:

TimisaMonster

A year already?!? They still play it like it was released a month ago :saladga:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Kacey Elizabeth

Sounds like you are getting confused with Katy's transition from her gospel album, to One Of The Boys, to Teenage Dream. Lol :-) 

Yet she still stayed true to herself and stood up for what she believes in, and her music may be more pop and mainstream, but it still has depth and her songs are very detailed, and are about her life, personality, feelings, and experiences. Katy evolved and reinvented herself and continues to do so. Taylor just sold out for the sake of more money and attention and sacrificed her artistry. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

nnnn not you of all people using words like bland, formulaic, generic and overexposed to describe Taylor when your fave is katy :lmao: 

And you're literally coping and pasting the opinion of another user here, it's kind of sad. Not only because of the copying, but because his point had already been slayed. YBWM was a permanent fixture on the Red Tour setlist and has been performed like 5 times as a wild-card surprise song on the 1989 World Tour. So besides that point being really tacky and dumb, it's not even true, since the only pre Red song that made the cut is Love Story; she is paying dust to a lot of songs. And Taylor is not by any means having a s-xual awakening and trying to be s-xy :toofunny:

Katy never became as overexposed as Taylor. And no. Katy is not formulaic, generic, or bland. 

You know what's sad? The fact that you say you stan Katy yet you shade and drag her just for the sake of defending your idol. 

Yes, what I said is very similar to what Strawberry Blond has said, because I agree with her. Is there a problem? 

You Belong With Me has been performed on few shows of The 1989 World Tour. So? Doesn't change the fact that it's not really in her setlist and hasn't been performed in the full tour despite being her most well known hit and her second best-selling single after Love Story (I think). 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Spock

Katy never became as overexposed as Taylor. And no. Katy is not formulaic, generic, or bland. 

You know what's sad? The fact that you say you stan Katy yet you shade and drag her just for the sake of defending your idol. 

Yes, what I said is very similar to what Strawberry Blond has said, because I agree with her. Is there a problem? 

You Belong With Me has been performed on few shows of The 1989 World Tour. So? Doesn't change the fact that it's not really in her setlist and hasn't been performed in the full tour despite being her most well known hit and her second best-selling single after Love Story (I think). 

Well, you mustn't have been around during the second half of the Teenage Dream era then. Which kind of makes sense because you must have been like 11 back then. And talk about the pot calling the clearly superior, Grammy award winning kettle black lmao.

I like Katy, I am a fan, but that doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to call it like it is. Her songs are bops, her albums and tours really good, but she still relies on a think tank of writers to pull through and her albums are and have always been full bubblegum, generic radio ready pop, no matter the list of songs you are probably going to quote me with. I also don't have a problem calling Taylor out on her ****. Look for my essays on the Spotify thread. I even made a thread about how pissed off I was about the TaylorNation policing and got a wp for it. So in that spirit, is 1989 full of bubblegum, generic radio ready pop too? Yeah probably, but it's her first album out of five and still has her signature songwriting all over it. The difference between you and me is that I'm not as blind. That's not sad, that's just the reality.

No, there's no problem, but you literally have nothing else original to say that you're now copying what other people are saying in order to "drag". And "so?", I just slayed the other user's entire point since they said that she became the girl in the YBWM video and that she acknowledges it so that's why she's not singing the song anymore. Well she is singing it, and those sales receipts have nothing to do with this conversation.

Epione

she is seen as an adult now

Are you being serious?

0D048E679B7F97AAD20AA4D247AA087E.gif

Who can see her as an adult when she drags that Bad Blood drama everywhere and made a huge thing out of nothing. She writes a song about it, films a music video about it, gives interviews for the magazines about it, makes fun in her own tour about it and still can't let it go. Reminds me of a stereotypical mean girl in highschool from a Hollywood movie. 

I'm dedicating a song I like from 1989 to her - All You Had to Do Was Stay, but changing it to All You Had to Do Was Stop.

Spock

Are you being serious?

0D048E679B7F97AAD20AA4D247AA087E.gif

Who can see her as an adult when she drags that Bad Blood drama everywhere and made a huge thing out of nothing. She writes a song about it, films a music video about it, gives interviews for the magazines about it, makes fun in her own tour about it and still can't let it go. Reminds me of a stereotypical mean girl in highschool from a Hollywood movie. 

I'm dedicating a song I like from 1989 to her - All You Had to Do Was Stay, but changing it to All You Had to Do Was Stop.

Yeah not even going to bother, check for my replies in the countless Bad Blood Katy threads :later:

Kacey Elizabeth

Well, you mustn't have been around during the second half of the Teenage Dream era then. Which kind of makes sense because you must have been like 11 back then. And talk about the pot calling the clearly superior, Grammy award winning kettle black lmao.

I like Katy, I am a fan, but that doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to call it like it is. Her songs are bops, her albums and tours really good, but she still relies on a think tank of writers to pull through and her albums are and have always been full bubblegum, generic radio ready pop, no matter the list of songs you are probably going to quote me with. I also don't have a problem calling Taylor out on her ****. Look for my essays on the Spotify thread. I even made a thread about how pissed off I was about the TaylorNation policing and got a wp for it. So in that spirit, is 1989 full of bubblegum, generic radio ready pop too? Yeah probably, but it's her first album out of five and still has her signature songwriting all over it. The difference between you and me is that I'm not as blind. That's not sad, that's just the reality.

No, there's no problem, but you literally have nothing else original to say that you're now copying what other people are saying in order to "drag". And "so?", I just slayed the other user's entire point since they said that she became the girl in the YBWM video and that she acknowledges it so that's why she's not singing the song anymore. Well she is singing it, and those sales receipts have nothing to do with this conversation.

Oh wow. Now you're trying to come for my age and drag me for it? Meh, how ageist and disgusting. 

Katy does collaborate with other songwriters and producers on her albums, and she even has collaborated with a few lyricists on some of her songs, too. That doesn't mean that she doesn't have a huge input on her albums and songs. And I am feeling like you're trying to imply that Katy is a manufactured product. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn8jhr Full bubblegum, generic radio pop songs? Not quite. From One of the Boys: One of the Boys, Thinking of You, Mannequin, Ur So Gay, Lost, Self Inflicted, I'm Still Breathing, Fingerprints, I Think I'm Ready, and A Cup of Coffee. From Teenage Dream & Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection: Circle the Drain, The One That Got Away, E.T., Who Am I Living For?, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Part of Me, and Wide Awake. From PRISM: Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally, Dark Horse, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, Double Rainbow, By the Grace of God, Spiritual, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles. These songs are not bubblegum or generic, radio friendly songs at all. They're far from that. Even though Waking Up In Vegas, Hot N Cold, If You Can Afford Me, Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) California Gurls, Firework, Peacock, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Dressin Up, Roar, Birthday, Walking On Air, This Is How We Do and International Smile may be radio friendly songs and are bubblegum, but they aren't generic. Lyrically, thematically, and sonically, they are pretty descriptive and detailed (maybe except for one or two songs that I named). Musically, they're not just pop. Most of them are a mix of genres and styles. I wouldn't call them generic. I Kissed a Girl is not bubblegum, generic, or radio friendly (just because it did well on radios doesn't mean that it was intentionally made for radio). It's one of the riskiest singles of this generation. It almost didn't get released. 

Not everything I said was what other people had said before. 

Again, except for a few dates because of some setlist changes, Taylor hasn't performed You Belong With Me on her tour. Those sales receipts are relevant because they prove that it's like her 2ng biggest and most well known hit, if not the biggest. Why wouldn't an artist perform one of their biggest, most well known and successful hits on their tour? 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Jesse Pinkman

Can she please take 10 years off after this era?

I can't take much more.

It's science, bitch

Archived