💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will do well if LG5's lead single is of this nature?

Bradley

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

When you tease and hype RedOne returning to be lead producer on your new album...and then you release a ballad...

See how that sounds?.... :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

it would flop. this song is decades old, today's sound and market is totally different.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

VenusBlackStar

A Carole KIng-esque ballad could work if given a modern production treatment + the GAGA touch, but I could also see it backfiring with the GP because I feel like a lot of people could easily say she's just following mid-tempo track artists like Lorde and Sam Smith to keep up with the times.

I would say that if she continues with dance music right now, she needs to get with House and/or Trance music ASAP because more and more I'm hearing those sounds incorporated into pop music ("Living For Love," most of Adam Lambert's new album, etc.)

But at the same time, I feel like she needs to go one step ahead of that trend because if she does end up releasing somewhere in 2016 or even later than that it might already be too late and that trend could already have reached it's height and be on the decline. When ARTPOP came out in late 2013, it felt a little late in a way because EDM was beginning to decline in popularity soon after, and that's what a lot of ARTPOP incorporates musically.

If she really wants to slay I think she really needs to put out a series of singles with a "trademark" sound to them, something that offers something new rather than a better take than most on whatever is going on in pop music currently.

giskardsb

yes you shouldn't listen to her, because she's a popstar and her main audience are pop lovers and she's technically a dance musician :flop: 

She's technically a musician, not a "dance" musician. She was rock before she was ever dance, she was pushed into that.

giskardsb

Just wanna clarify how a lot of fans were also gained from Cheek to Cheek. The "lost" fans will come back eventually when she releases new mainstream music.

Gaga also has a number of people that are fans "in spite" of her doing pop music.

Whispering

A power ballad? Sure, I think people would love a song like that on the radio from Gaga! 

TheFame Monster

People seem to forget that in 2009 Bad Romance was the biggest risk and decision Gaga made, it almost wasn't even released. It sounded nothing like anything out at the time and doesn't sound like anything released in the past five years. 

I expect a very transgressive sound, that's the direction I am going with my music + a touch of darkness yet futuristic & other worldly. I would love for Lady Gaga to go in that direction! It would be amazing if her & I did an album of Pop Standards, imagine her & I performing Baby One More Time! :party:

Bradley

When you tease and hype RedOne returning to be lead producer on your new album...and then you release a ballad...

See how that sounds?.... :saladga:

RedOne can happen in singles #2 and #3. The reason why the single #1 was reserved for a ballad is to reduce of the chances of the song failing, because lead singles are easier to succeed.

Bradley

A Carole KIng-esque ballad could work if given a modern production treatment + the GAGA touch, but I could also see it backfiring with the GP because I feel like a lot of people could easily say she's just following mid-tempo track artists like Lorde and Sam Smith to keep up with the times.

I would say that if she continues with dance music right now, she needs to get with House and/or Trance music ASAP because more and more I'm hearing those sounds incorporated into pop music ("Living For Love," most of Adam Lambert's new album, etc.)

But at the same time, I feel like she needs to go one step ahead of that trend because if she does end up releasing somewhere in 2016 or even later than that it might already be too late and that trend could already have reached it's height and be on the decline. When ARTPOP came out in late 2013, it felt a little late in a way because EDM was beginning to decline in popularity soon after, and that's what a lot of ARTPOP incorporates musically.

If she really wants to slay I think she really needs to put out a series of singles with a "trademark" sound to them, something that offers something new rather than a better take than most on whatever is going on in pop music currently.

The criticism can be ignored because it's just a small part of the risk. What matters is the possibility of getting millions of copies sold from the song.

I wouldn't support a house-influenced track if the primary goal is to gain chart success. Living for Love didn't even the Billboard Hot 100 and has only 18 million views on VEVO, did you know that? Whilst G.U.Y. has like 100 million views of the two versions combined and had at least entered Hot 100 once.

A lot of you are claiming how EDM had been dying, which I agree to some extent, but I personally still believe that EDM can be still played on the radio if being promoted wisely. An artist like Lady Gaga is not restricted by the current trend, she sets the trend. I'm not saying a disadvantage of the music business won't affect her at all, I'm saying that if promotion is being done properly, the disadvantage can be eradicated and hence EDM can still flourish under those circumstances. The music business is fluctuating more than you think, promotion does a lot of magic and I still think G.U.Y.'s underperformance was not solely the fault of the declining trend of EDM but its poor promotion, as you can see how Applause had charted with flying colors by virtue of sufficient promotion.

But if promotion is being done properly, I don't see how a house/trance song can't slay.

Bradley

She's technically a musician, not a "dance" musician. She was rock before she was ever dance, she was pushed into that.

I agree. She's a musician, with Cheek to Cheek happened before us, this lady is capable of doing anything.

Archived