question

When You Tell People You Listen To Gaga

Quasi

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quasi

The only Gaga songs I ever listen to in front of other people are her GP-popular hits like Just Dance, Bad Romance, Edge of Glory, and Applause. The other songs I only listen to when I'm alone because I know how people are when it comes to hearing a guy really enjoy listening to Lady Gaga... -__-

Isn't it weird though how all of a sudden people seem to know all about you because of your taste in music? It seems to be the end all be all of someone's personality. It's like,  "Oh you like pop music? You must be a basic b*tch who has no cultural capital to appreciate the classics or alternative scene"

POP MUSIC WILL NEVER BE LOW BROW B*TCH!

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

DietCoke

They say what they like, but I assure they still chanted A P P L A U S E  when the song would play on the radio :reductive2:

JesseBabe

I haven't been to Hollister in a long time, but don't they blast like, remixed songs throughout the store or is that Abercrombie & Fitch? It's been years since I've been in one of those stores so I honestly can't remember.

I honestly have never really had much problem with my friends or family making rude comments on my Lady Gaga obsession. A lot of my friends really like her and I always rave about how good she is live. I mean, I know that somebody like my grandpa in his late 60's is not going to understand or get Lady Gaga, but it's not like his opinion on her makes or breaks our relationship. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but in the cars with friends I try and play well known singles depending on the person who's with me. I remember when Monster came on in the car with one of my friends and I was scrambling to find a more well known song and she was like, "I love this song", and I was like, "Oh, you know Gaga's other stuff?" It was nice to find another stan :hug:

FrankGutz

in my job there's this girl who's not a stan nor fan but everytime Electric Chapel comes in she says, omg i love this song, i have no **** idea how she knows that song, her musical taste is very rock yet she loves it, hahahaha that was awesome

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

djBuffoon

I definitely had a bad encounter with one of my schoolmates who hated her so passionately for no real reason. It was really annoying 'cause it went beyond "oh, it's not really my thing" but he really went in with personal attacks and that was just really confusing and irritating.

I'm lucky I have so many other artists to name that I love, I guess. When her name pops up, most people are surprised but since they know I listen to lots of different genres it's not that bad and people are just curious why I like her.

My experiences exactly, especially the second bit. People that I know personally and/or work with understand that I am passionate about film, music, the arts in general. So when I mention that I'm particularly fond of Gaga, I get the impression that there is enough credence towards my opinion that it piques their curiosity.

And I can't tell you how many people I've turned onto Gaga over the years. :whitney: 

And I agree with the OP. It is true that some of the most basic music I've ever heard gets played and praised left and right. But with Gaga, it can be like pulling teeth getting people to just listen to her music. But, once they do, they are usually very impressed.

Shaney

Lmao I don't tell anyone but i'm sure if I did they wouldn't care... I go to a hippy school....

and when I was in high school, my family would always bring her up at the dinner table and nothing bad was really said about her... I kind of ignored it cuz it embarrassed me. My step siblings say bad stuff about her but they say bad stuff about everyone so i don't really care...

malazam

Love being Gaga's fan because everyone judge her without knowing nothing it's like 'I can change your mind with just one of her performance or one of unpopular songs' and when you do and see the reaction it's paradise!

another shot before we kiss the other side

crisTEAne

i used to talk about gaga way too much. i had to train myself not to, tbh. :cryga: it was freaking hard. :neyde: 

basically, every single person who knows me is aware of the fact that i'm obsessed with her. i wrote essays and gave presentations to make people see the light. :pray: i found that misconceptions can be dispelled to some extent. i can make people acknowledge her talent and role in pop culture, that is. with that i'm perfectly fine. :yes: 

one of my essays is titled "Every Icon of the Holistic Cultural Paradigm: Lady Gaga." i got an A+ :whitney:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

TopazBlue

My friend: Lady Gaga lover!

Me: :wtf:

Two guys at the same table: PFF, don't you mean... MAN GAGA?!?!? xDDDDDDDD HAHAHAHHA

Me: :bye:

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

SlayLin

My love for Gaga has only gotten stronger since her mainstream debut. I've never been ashamed to say I love her. If someone tries to slander her around me, I'll let 'em have it, and defend her to my heart's desire. She's so important to me, and has done wonders for my well being. I owe her a lot, and I have a ton of shirts and merch to sport to show the world just how much I adore her.

But never be embarrassed, yourself, I say. Music is wonderful in all it's forms, I've let a lot of hate go when it comes to music. In 2008 I was going through a "metal only" genre phase (I even when as far to say 'pop music sucks') but then she came along, and my love for pop music was at full force again, she really changed my views for the better. Hell, I know metalheads who are in their 40s and are STILL in that phase, and I pity them, because not all pop music is bad. I even love rap now. But this is LIFE we're talking about, so there's always bound to be one person who 'dares' to be different.

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

Whispering

Anytime I was in Hollister in the past, they were always playing Alternative Rock kind of music. I've never heard pop music in there. That might have been the problem. 

I know lots of people who listen to Gaga and people know I listen to her and it's no big deal. 

I'm confused about what type of person worries about the artists or music other people listen to. I just don't care what my friends or aquintances listen to and they are the same with me.  :shrug:

Himeros26

Oh, where to begin? Well, for starters my Theatre Teacher strongly disliked her. Everytime I played her, she told me "She sounds like a dying cat.", or made a comment about how "It's all an act," and once a "You think she actually sings live?" But I was known as the Gaga kid at my school for my last two years. They repeatedly made me remove my Yas shirt because she was in a bikini. The Psychology teacher had assigned a project in which people had to falsely diagnose an "eccentric celebrity" and everyone FLOODED to me. Said theatre teacher made me stop helping someone with it one day, and said "It's fine I can help them. Let me introduce you to her idol, Madonna." Girl I was so salty.

One day I was playing the glorious bop, ARTPOP through the Black Box aux one day. She had no clue it was Gaga and was JAMMIN THO

Himeros26

i used to talk about gaga way too much. i had to train myself not to, tbh. :cryga: it was freaking hard. :neyde: 

basically, every single person who knows me is aware of the fact that i'm obsessed with her. i wrote essays and gave presentations to make people see the light. :pray: i found that misconceptions can be dispelled to some extent. i can make people acknowledge her talent and role in pop culture, that is. with that i'm perfectly fine. :yes: 

Hidden Content

ME TOO. We weren't allowed to use celebrities for Personal Heroes for one particular project in Speech. I still used her and got a 95 with my homophobic trash teacher. 

Archived