💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When You Tell People You Listen To Gaga

Quasi

Featured Posts

Quasi

Hello munchkins.:flower:

So I work at the back in my local Hollister store and we're allowed to put our music on through a little speaker. Since I knew other employees put their music on many times, I decided to put ARTPOP on (minus Sexxx Dreams cause I feel that "touch myself" line would be a little too awkward to listen with employees I'm not too familiar with :rip:). It was just me and this other girl who only knew Poker Face but I knew she wouldn't mind me listening to my songs. So I'm putting ARTPOP on when one of my managers comes in and asks whose music this is so I tell him it's mine. He goes, "Hmm.....hmmm...hmm. It's weird. " Then I respond , "It's Lady Gaga. "

He then goes on to say that pop music is **** nowadays and I'm not quite sure if he was alluding to my music. 

I felt judged so instantly and I knew I was going to get a reaction like that because I'm sure we've all had. You know when you say, "I listen to Gaga" and people are like :awkney:.

I personally am proud to say I'm a Gaga fan to people at any opportunity I can but I can't help but feel that judgement from other people (including my manager) and it really upsets me. People are so quick to dismiss pop music nowadays (especially Gaga) just to seem "alternative" and not part of pop culture. It upsets me how when coworkers put on music that's all about "f*cking p*ssy", it's played without question or judgement but when I, a guy as well, put Gaga music on, people find it odd and out of place. 

I'm just wondering if you guys have felt what I'm experiencing and maybe provide an anecdote or two. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy McQueen

Actually a friend of mine was shocked that "an intelligent and intellectual person like you could be fan of such a ****ty person", I was so offended. She also claimed that Gaga has stolen songs and bla bla and that she would be the enigma of everything wrong in the music industry today. God I hate haters so much ...

Sunny

They can stay pressed. Happens to me all the time, I just ignore them 

I like dancin', and ponies....

happens all the time

one time i got kinda mad and i said is there a ****ing problem with what i listen to? and the lessor said oh no nothing i just asked 

Microscope

i'm pretty open about my obsession with gaga. some friends absolutely adore her (but not to the point of calling themselves LM) and think she's talented, while others are the complete opposite. i've literally had people say behind my back how they hate me because i talk about gaga too much :emma: (and tbh i only fangirl in front of people i know who like it so idk what the problem is).

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

Quasi

happens all the time

one time i got kinda mad and i said is there a ****ing problem with what i listen to? and the lessor said oh no nothing i just asked 

I wanted to flip sh*t at my manager so bad. I don't like his attitude and personality at all and his obvious dislike and judgement  of Gaga music was just the cherry on top.

Staryu

I once had a Art History teacher who bashed Gaga and Madonna. I was sitting in class like :neyde: 

Also, my dad teases me for liking Gaga... it's not my fault if he can't have flawless music taste like me ! qmU9DLv.gif

i'm pretty open about my obsession with gaga. some friends absolutely adore her (but not to the point of calling themselves LM) and think she's talented, while others are the complete opposite. i've literally had people say behind my back how they hate me because i talk about gaga too much :emma: (and tbh i only fangirl in front of people i know who like it so idk what the problem is).

exactly :applause::applause:

gagaohlala

No one already said the famous question right after : ''Are you gay ?'' ... :coffee:

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

Didymus

I definitely had a bad encounter with one of my schoolmates who hated her so passionately for no real reason. It was really annoying 'cause it went beyond "oh, it's not really my thing" but he really went in with personal attacks and that was just really confusing and irritating.

I'm lucky I have so many other artists to name that I love, I guess. When her name pops up, most people are surprised but since they know I listen to lots of different genres it's not that bad and people are just curious why I like her.

yASSsss

They're nuteral about it,tbh.... My friends/family know I'm a die hard fan of her,so they try to avoid saying something offensive before me :proud: ...but there were times when they would judge me for this... They just find her weird and funny :fat: ..its not like they hate her music ,they do like some of her songs...no one can escape from Gaga's catchy pop tunes :yes: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Quasi

No one already said the famous question right after : ''Are you gay ?'' ... :coffee:

I could feel that question in the air so strongly it was palpable. I hate how that question is viewed in such a negative light. 

Archived