💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is America Turning on Taylor Swift?

craig

Featured Posts

The Madonna comparisons had been there since the beginning of her career, and BTW DOES sound a bit like EY. And BTW is her second highest album score.

In 2009, the comparison just meant she was the next big theatrical dance-pop superstar, and M and G could joke about it on SNL. In  2010, Madonna fans started to feel really threatened, and the Alejandro video got backlash for seeming Madonna-like (among other reasons).

Gaga also started thanking the gays at award show, making some gays think she was pandering to them in an insidious way, and some resented Elton proclaiming BTW the next gay anthem before it was even released.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VenusBlackStar

The Gawker article that the Salon piece references is also worth a read and makes a good case as well. It talks more on Taylor's take on feminism and also on the recent changes of her image.

http://gawker.com/taylor-swift-is-not-your-friend-1717745581

"If female empowerment was really so important to Swift as a pop star, she’d bring to the stage her astrophysicist friends, she’d have an all-female backing band like Charli XCX, she’d give speeches about intersectionality instead of “how to not feel damaged,” or maybe—if none of that sounds up her alley or workable for her current scheme to success—she’d just relax a little. There are already enough pressures for our gender to deal with—the exaggerated kingdom-building is only going to create and aggravate more anxiety."

"You Belong With Me"

You're on the phone with your girlfriend
She's upset, she's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts
I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized, Taylor has become that cheerleader from her most famous early hit. Wears short skirts, hangs out with models. The cheerleader probably was a pop fan too, and the "music she doesn't like" is the country that Swift abandoned.

It's like she rose to fame and got people to trust her as an anti-Britney or anti-Gaga, and now she is the uber blonde pretty pop star.

FrankGutz

Im ready for ha '2007 brit meltdown era' or worst, gonna be fun to watch

5afPvoc.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Oyemiamor

Ummmm I don't know you but I have seen a few posts from you about Taylor recently and honestly I am not a fan nor a hater of hers. However, you seem pressed as f!ck with all the attention you are giving her with these posts. Take a step back, I promise you will feel better about life.....

However, you seem pressed as f!ck with all the attention you are giving her with these posts. 

Or maybe I'm just fascinated by the way pop stars are built up and torn down by our culture. Or why she got so incredibly popular? Or how her effects to invoke feminism and female friendship may be backfiring? (All more interesting than her music or stanning pro or con, IMO.)

Any wrestling fans here?

Even notice that they need to keep turning the good guy wrestlers villian, and vice versa, to keep it interesting? John Cena has been all-American hero boring good guy so long, the fans started to hate him. When he comes out they boo.

He needs a heel turn to keep his character interesting. Maybe Taylor does too?

Kacey Elizabeth

"You Belong With Me"

I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized, Taylor has become that cheerleader from her most famous early hit. Wears short skirts, hangs out with models. The cheerleader probably was a pop fan too, and the "music she doesn't like" is the country that Swift abandoned.

It's like she rose to fame and got people to trust her as an anti-Britney or anti-Gaga, and now she is the uber blonde pretty pop star.

Poor Taylor. She is so lost. Tsk tsk...

Taylor has become the fame monster. An overexposed monster of fame. Tragic.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Oyemiamor

Or maybe I'm just fascinated by the way pop stars are built up and torn down by our culture. Or why she got so incredibly popular? Or how her effects to invoke feminism and female friendship may be backfiring? (All more interesting than her music or stanning pro or con, IMO.)

Nah, sorry I don't buy it. It still comes off as extremely passive aggressive. Maybe you should change your approach if that is your goal. Just saying.........

JeffSwift

Poor Taylor. She is so lost. Tsk tsk...

Taylor has become the fame monster. An overexposed monster of fame. Tragic.

At least her music (albeit the genre change) has the same 'wow factor' and sense of relatability from her first album to her 5th. When you listen to a Taylor Swift song, you know it's a Taylor Swift song, unlike Carbon Copy Perry that you stan. Have a #blessed day and go let the light in. 

History repeats itself. It has happened with Madonna, Whitney, Britney, and now it is happening to Gaga and for sure it will happen to Katy and Taylor. People that stay on #1 for too long become hated. And they disappear. And then they make a big comeback and become legends.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Kacey Elizabeth

At least her music (albeit the genre change) has the same 'wow factor' and sense of relatability from her first album to her 5th. When you listen to a Taylor Swift song, you know it's a Taylor Swift song, unlike Carbon Copy Perry that you stan. Have a #blessed day and go let the light in. 

The delusion, lies, and ignorance. :rip::deadbanana::lmao:

EDIT: and not you having the nerve to call Katy a carbon copy when Taylor's 1989 World Tour mostly is a rip-off of The PRISMATIC World Tour. Not to mention that Taylor has lately been too Lana-esque. Take a sit. :love:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

KyliesChild

Im ready for ha '2007 brit meltdown era' or worst, gonna be fun to watch

5afPvoc.gif

Yeah it's fun to watch someone have a mental breakdown that made them lose so much and now she would have so many issues including anxiety. Yay!

"You Belong With Me"

I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers

:lmao:  :lmao:  what is this reaching 

• Shadow locked this topic
  • Kayla unlocked this topic

Archived