đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Music not the bling? Why not music AND the bling?

Kanye West

Featured Posts

Kanye West

I really don't understand this whole "music not the bling" message. It's completely false. Certain fans claim you can either have commercial success or good music, when that obviously is not the case. Gaga has made incredibly unique and different songs such as Bad Romance and Born This way which achieved incredible success and critical acclaim. Critics hailed Bad Romance as a musical masterpiece. It was the biggest song of 2010. The Fame Monster is her most well received album to date and is also her most commercially successful album to date. Born This Way was also a very different and experimental album which was very successful. There is absolutely no reason why it can't be music AND the bling.

KANYEWEST.COM

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

She meant it in the way she's not going to make music that knows it's going to sell instead she's going to make music she likes and if that music finds success then that's icing on the cake. Gaga fans and users of atrl use it ironically 

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Hauser

"music not the bling" was just a cop out, all it really was: "Im going to say this music is super artistic and experimental which is why it will not sell well".

TFM is the perfect example of "music and the bling" lol great quality music and great sales, the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Kanye West

She meant it in the way she's not going to make music that knows it's going to sell instead she's going to make music she likes and if that music finds success then it's icing on the cake

That cannot work. She's signed to a major commercial record label. Interscope is always going to push her to be a commercial success. Look at what happened to Born This Way's later singles and the entire ARTPOP era due to this. It sounds like she should be with a different label if that's what she wishes to do.

KANYEWEST.COM

Kanye West

"music not the bling" was just a cop out, all it really was: "Im going to say this music is super artistic and experimental which is why it will not sell well".

Honestly I think you may be right.

KANYEWEST.COM

artpopmess

That cannot work. She's signed to a major commercial record label. Interscope is always going to push her to be a commercial success. Look at what happened to Born This Way's later singles and the entire ARTPOP era due to this. It sounds like she should be with a different label if that's what she wishes to do.

Umm ok whatever, lil manager

VforVendetta

This same thread has been made many many times in the past. The whole phrase is about the priorities of an artist. Gaga's #1 prority is the music and not the money. Just that, simply.

Kanye West

Umm ok whatever, lil manager

Interscope is not an underground indie label. It is a major commercial label. This is a fact, not opinion. This thread is for discussing the whole situation in a mature fashion. If you want to be insulting then please find another thread to participate in.

KANYEWEST.COM

artpopmess

Interscope is not an underground indie label. It is a major commercial label. This is a fact, not opinion. This thread is for discussing the whole situation in a mature fashion. If you want to be insulting then please find another thread to participate in.

This thread is also two years late 

TFM was experimental Imo. i mean who would have thought someone would like a song that goes "Rah Rah Rah AH AHA" It's definitely a masterpiece. i think it's all about the melody.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Well, think of it as a less dramaticized version of "I hate that money/shoot it/bang bang" from MB.

Of course, money is crucial to her artistry- in a capitalistic system, it is unfortunately crucial towards everything. She is more than likely stating that her music and artistry isn't based in material need- rather, it's just a bonus.

3 points in and ready for more

TFM was experimental Imo. i mean who would have thought someone would like a song that goes "Rah Rah Rah AH AHA" It's definitely a masterpiece. i think it's all about the melody.

I guess, to an extent. As incredibly mainstream, electro dance-pop music, it was definitely boundary pushing- all of her albums, to an extent, are.

3 points in and ready for more

Yeah, it's pretty lame hearing her say that when all of her singles during the ARTPOP era were safe and played by the basic rules of commercial music.

Jesse Pinkman

Gaga enjoys the finer things in life. It's quite obvious, and nothing is wrong with that because she works hard for what she has. I get what she was saying, but in retrospect she shouldn't have said that at all.

It's science, bitch

Archived