Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would collabs still have the same impact if they were solo efforts?

GloZell Green

Featured Posts

GloZell Green

Hello this is Glozell. Is you okay? Is you good? Cuz I wanted to know.

So I'm making another flip thread because I'm bored (typical). 

Anyways this is an actual question I have. Would collabs still have the same impact of there was no featured artist(s), and only Gaga? Like, JD without O' Donis, Telephone without Bey, Starstruck without Flo Rida and Space Cowboy, and JnD :awkney: without the rappers, DWUW without Kelly (and XTINA if you want)

personally here's my opinion

Just Dance - His vocals are a nice touch, but I think it would have went #1 without him anyways because we wasn't that famous. YES.

Starstruck - I think Flo Ridas popularity contributed why the song had such high sales even though it wasn't a single. NO.

Telephone - I think I don't even need to explain this one, named one of the most iconic female collabs ever :pray:. NO

JnD - I don't think anything would have saved this poor song from the hate of the fan base. The rappers are okay I guess, but I'm UNDECIDED.

DWUW - I love R. Kelly's voice in this, and even though he doesn't contribute to the meaning of the song, he sort of helped with controversy so that it sold more. Xtina sounded great too, but it really didn't impact, but everyone still loves it :queenga:

Mess thread, but what do you think? Thoughts? 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

JD and DWUW solo versions are so so so so much better than the final ones :rip: J&D wouldn't work as solo IMO, even tho Gaga's part is my favorite.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Checkers

Gaga is one of those artists that collab because they genuinely like the artist, not for sales/controversy,etc

Hello this is Glozell. Is you okay? Is you good? Cuz I wanted to know.

omg is that really u? i didnt know ur a Gaga stan :wtfga: 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Gaga is one of those artists that collab because they genuinely like the artist, not for sales/controversy,etc

You're right

GloZell Green

Yes but high sales and controversy usually shuts up the annoying fans who only focus on the bling :awkney:. Don't you feel a happy tingle in your belly when you hear she has a new number one? (I don't really care, I just love her music)

Lady Gaga | Shakira

KindaTrashy

I don't think DWUW's collabs did her any favours. Not so much Xtina, but idc what anyone says about all press being good press... there's good controversy and there's bad controversy. R Kelly did not have a good rep at the time and neither did Terry (for the video). 

gagzus

Beyonce brings nothing to Telephone, it could've still smashed without her tbh. 

DWUW probably not, because without R Kelly or a male vocalist singing that verse it's not a song about s-x to the GP.

lol as if :rip: 

u just killed the fun :cryga:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Didymus

Just Dance and Telephone could've had the same impact without Colby and Beyoncé, easily, but I do think they improve the song's feel. Starstruck I could imagine perfectly solo, it doesn't need the rappers whatsoever.

Jewels N' Drugs and Do What U Want do really need the male vocalists imo.

VOLANTIS

Beyonce brings nothing to Telephone, it could've still smashed without her tbh. 

It wouldnt have the ICONIC Status deemed constantly by Billboards and such. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived