đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What is your one complaint about ARTPOP?

Benji

Featured Posts

andy232000

While there are problems with the album

1. Aura should've kept the demo vocald

2. Venus should've had better lyrics

5. Jewels N' Drugs should've kept the breakdown

7. Not a real issue but I wish Rick Ross was on DWUW on the album

8. The "he he"s were toned down 

11. Fashion should've had a final chorus after the breakdown

12. The mans voice from the demo on MJH was really cool and I wish she kept it

Not all these problems are very minor and some are just wishing it kept stuff from the demo. Overall the album is still extremely fantastic and is her best album to date. 

The biggest problem with the album however, is that it was just too short. I really wish she could've kept some of the songs that were for the album like Temple, Tea, Red Flame, Brooklyn Nights, etc. I would've loved a 20 track version of ARTPOP. 

all these complains can be fixed if you edit the songs. ive done it and ive included stronger hee hees in ARTPOP, i have the aura demo version in full HD. ive heard a hD version of JND with the brakdown etc

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay

all these complains can be fixed if you edit the songs. ive done it and ive included stronger hee hees in ARTPOP, i have the aura demo version in full HD. ive heard a hD version of JND with the brakdown etc

I'm not very good at editing songs, tho I made a great mix of Fashion! with another chorus.

MonsterOfSpain

There weren't enough videos :giveup: That's basically the main complain

That + the app fiasco

Highway10

the fact we only had 2 music videos :neyde:

also quite disappointed this never really worked

MonsterOfSpain

I'm not very good at editing songs, tho I made a great mix of Fashion! with another chorus.

What chorus did you include? I'm interested because Fashion! is the weakest of the album for me

GloZell Green

All of the broken promises :saladga:

Telephone continuation

Venus video

Video for every song on ARTPOP directed by monsters

The App

DVD

Act II

Overproduction and elimination of elements

SINGLE CHOICES

PRODUCTION

LESS POP MORE ART

At least we got the experimental aspect of it :awkney: The songs weren't that bad though, but it could've been much better.

Also, what happened to this?

http://youtu.be/RjrhxNsxq60

Lady Gaga | Shakira

The production is subpar for all tracks bar the singles and JND, shame caus the songs themselves had so much potential 

It wouldn't be as bad if they kept the swinefest version/demos

the demos of MJH and Appluase sound so badass but somehow they became so bland for the album

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Riot Poof

I wish Gaga chose a different term to use in "G*psy" because SJWs will forever make me feel guilty for listening to songs with that word in it. :deadbanana:

Of course, I'd also like to have Gaga fulfill her promises to us, tho I understand why she didn't.

I loved the piano intro to the SWINEFEST version of "Swine," and I think the studio version could've used it.

Overall, I'm good with the music of ARTPOP.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Slayer

i have three but my main is; "she should never listen to her fans again"

but in terms of the ALBUM; The lost Disney Princess High theme was what I was expecting so I'd have loved to see that & also the EDM wasn't hard or loud enough for me

Yup. After BTW was deemed a failure compared to The Fame (lol), many of her fans on this very forum were saying "I wish she would just write fun pop songs about partying and s-x," and "I wish she'd be less serious in her music." Well, that's what we got, and now we have a pretty vacuous, shallow album with only a handful of songs that have any real depth.

That leads me into my one complaint about the album. As far as fun bops go, it's great, but it just doesn't have the lyrical depth to excite or inspire me. Recently I've been listening to BTW again and it's not only full of catchy songs, but the lyrics actually resonate with me, even to this day. ARTPOP is something I literally just sing along to. The lyrics, for the most part, aren't anything special, and certainly not befitting of a legend-in-the-making. I'll be interested to find out if I still listen to it four years later, like I do with BTW.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Koreku

I'd love to hear it :giveup: 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

gagzus

Yup. After BTW was deemed a failure compared to The Fame (lol), many of her fans on this very forum were saying "I wish she would just write fun pop songs about partying and s-x," and "I wish she'd be less serious in her music." Well, that's what we got, and now we have a pretty vacuous, shallow album with only a handful of songs that have any real depth.

That leads me into my one complaint about the album. As far as fun bops go, it's great, but it just doesn't have the lyrical depth to excite or inspire me. Recently I've been listening to BTW again and it's not only full of catchy songs, but the lyrics actually resonate with me, even to this day. ARTPOP is something I literally just sing along to. I'll be interested to find out if I still listen to it four years later, like I do with BTW.

it all depends on your personal opinion i'd say because i found the album to have a lot of depth and substance and the only generic and "bop" songs are MANiCURE & Gypsy imo, i would liken it's depth to that of Born This Way actually and i would say that they have a similar theme, that theme of self acceptance and expression is still present, it's just that ARTPOP is less about your s-xuality and identity, to me it's more about your own expression and how you carry yourself AFTER you have finally accepted yourself.

And as for me, I've been listening to The Fame religiously and I am craving her to go back to her simple aesthetic, where her lyrics were quirky but still about a generic subject matter, I love the sarcasm on it, that's also why I like MATD's album Electra Heart because it's sarcastic also. I feel that a good, quirky, slightly generic album in the vein of TF would work wonders for her right now. Maybe not about fame though obviously since she has spoke about that for several records now.

Born To Slay

What chorus did you include? I'm interested because Fashion! is the weakest of the album for me

I included a chorus after the breakdown

Born To Slay

I'd love to hear it :giveup: 

I don't know how to upload, it was really basic tho. It literally just added another chorus onto the song because the lack of a final chorus bothered me

Archived