Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
life

Gaga writing new music with Brian Newman and band

bayonse

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind an original jazz song or two on LG6?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oprahwinfrey

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind an original jazz song or two on LG6?

I feel the same way... I mean we really haven't heard much of gaga's own jazz style. I think at least a bonus track or something would be nice

xeynuraf

Gaga incited social change, practically lead the gay rights movement for a few years, made the music industry her b---h in 2009 basically defining music for the first half of the 2010s. Even if she disappeared tomorrow, they'd still talk about her in 30 years.

This is probably the most ridiculous thing i have read in a while!!!

How did Gaga incited social change and practically lead the gay rights movement for a few years?????? Nobody was leading anything. People have been arrested, killed and marginalized for decades to get to where we are, to fight for rights and is not over yet. It did not happened overnight because a pop star just supports the cause in marches or rallies or donated any money. Did she help monetarily those people who payed big lawyer fees to fight for rights in court for years?? nope. I know everyone here loves Gaga but saying this and believing this is totally absurd and delusional.

By the way Gaga is talented and we love her music to death but lets be real, she was not defining music for the first half of the 2010 with ebm and crazy outfits. Lets not go overboard. And even if you believe so it would only be you believing that. Outside of this forum and fanbase nobody thinks that. Somewhere out there there has to be a teen saying the same thing about Ariana Grande LOL.

xeynuraf

I don't get why everyone is seeing this as a bad thing. All pop music have intruments and jazz musicians. What if she does half of the album dance tracks and jazzy ballads? Why not? Besides, most musicians are versatile in styles. They might just be creating hooks for tracks for all we know. Let the girl create and be free.

Yanko

the meltdowns

TG2 wil come and you will deal

LG5 will be pop but with instruments 

zackdunaway

Hello....lets not forget The Edge of Glory. It has a trumpet solo and it's a pop piece. anything goes guys..

Born Brave

You know... Jazz doesnt always sound like C2C. For people that have doubts you should check out this guy, Omar Hakim. He has played drums for legendary artists like Bowie, MJ, Journey, and Daft Punk. My personal favorite work is his solo record The Groovesmith  and he also was featured on the Daft Punk track Contact from Random Access Memories - (one of my favorite EDM tracks of all time). I think he is a great example of how having real instruments being introduced can benefit a track. 

Personally I think Gaga would be lucky if she ever nabbed him to play for her... too bad Journey just grabbed him for their tour... His Jazz on his solo record is legit and I could totally see Gaga making it work too.. Check it out. 

Dont forget C2C was a collection of CLASSICS. It's not all going to sound ancient if she does decide to use Jazz on LG5 tracks. 

xeynuraf

You all act like dance music or pop with jazz has never been done before and musicians only play pop or jazz.

Don't forget that Gaga plays the piano in some of her songs and that doesn't make it less pop.

Archived