Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga sounds good with rock music.

moonboywow

Featured Posts

gagzus

She sounds good on any type of music that doesn't require too many high notes, not just rock

Pointless thread

The song in OP is good but also, is he/she stupid? We all know Gaga can do many genres and excel in them as we have seen many times before. I don't get why it has to be highlighted specifically. If Gaga doesn't actually bring a rock album for LG5 OP will be such a disappointed mess

i think there's too much evidence to suggest LG5 is gonna be electronic tbh, if not entirely then largely in terms of production, they're also gonna pressed when she uses some autotune & vocal correction like pretty much ANY popstar on their records tbh. I think she'll continue to add rock elements live but not in her records, and if she did it sure as hell wouldn't be all this metal sound it's obvious it'll be like You & I ala Queen 80s rock-pop style (obviously U&I is country-rock-pop but still).

You are so right. Rock music doesn't quite flourish in studio versions but when it comes to live, it really is something. Lady Gaga is smart to have realized this though, I never quite thought deeply about why she always made rock versions of her songs in live performances and thanks for pointing that out!

I like how ARTPOP is an EDM album and all the songs got altered drastically into rock versions with heavy guitar sounds at the artRAVE.

Yeah i like how she uses live rock but I don't think (besides MANiCURE) they needed the rock elements at artRAVE, I found when she played MJH aka my fave song on ARTPOP and second fave song she's made for an album ever, it was hollow and not as hard hitting without all the Hardstyle EDM beats tbh. J&D was altered too much & so was PARTYNAUSEOUS tbh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

i think there's too much evidence to suggest LG5 is gonna be electronic tbh, if not entirely then largely in terms of production, they're also gonna pressed when she uses some autotune & vocal correction like pretty much ANY popstar on their records tbh. I think she'll continue to add rock elements live but not in her records, and if she did it sure as hell wouldn't be all this metal sound it's obvious it'll be like You & I ala Queen 80s rock-pop style (obviously U&I is country-rock-pop but still).

Yeah i like how she uses live rock but I don't think (besides MANiCURE) they needed the rock elements at artRAVE, I found when she played MJH aka my fave song on ARTPOP and second fave song she's made for an album ever, it was hollow and not as hard hitting without all the Hardstyle EDM beats tbh. J&D was altered too much & so was PARTYNAUSEOUS tbh

Although RedOne is almost confirmed to be a major producer on LGNext, I still think there is little to know about the genre of her next record. The producers she's working with excel in electronic music but her style and mindset lately have been so far from her usual self (aka dance-popGa). She doesn't even want to hype us anymore, and with the Oscar performance, jazz era, rock outfits lately, there's some possibility that her next record will be "toned-down music".

I loved the different versions of ARTPOP songs at the artRAVE but I'm afraid I have to agree with you. The theme of the tour and the album doesn't really fit the sound. She was trying to create this psychedelic experience with all those LED lights and colorful visions, videos, etc. and yet her music was rock-based, though which I enjoyed.

I think for artRAVE, she should have altered the versions to the ones used at The Monster Ball. I can't figure out the name for it but somehow The Monster Ball's instrument was in between pop and rock and yet they still were different from the studio recordings.

Archived