💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Boy George praises Lady Gaga, Talks Madonna comparison.

fucbjk

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

I like his comment about Madonna but this: 

"I'm actually more of a fan of what's she's doing now than... I mean, I loved what she did in the beginning. It was great. I remember seeing her on TV and thinking, "What's she got on now?!" (Laughs) But in terms of her musicality, what she's doing now is amazing."

Just proves he was part of the clueless GP that can't see past an outfit. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gohan

Yeah, the Madonna comparisons were a bit stupid tbh... She was going into a whole musical reinvention, bringing back the superfan level of the Stan culture. I don't know why people claimed she was ripping off Madonna's looks when Gaga is like 99673279 times crazier than Madonna. There's technically no fair comparisons, the vocal talent, the theatrical performances, the original ideas.

Yes, exactly, she was inspired by her. You can see it in her fearless female stage persona, musically? Not at all, maybe Born This Way (because she was dressed like Madonna AND Michael Jackson at the end of the video). But so you see Madonna singing Paparazzi, Poker Face, Bad Romance or Applause? I don't think so.

Gaga is a mix of other artists, but in a good way. She's inspired by them, she doesn't rip off anybody and she never will (let's hope so). Boy George, Cindy Lauper (Madonna's inspiration too), Marilyn Monroe (basically Madonna's whole look in the 80s), David Bowie, etc.

If Madonna was mad at Gaga, it was because Gaga it's likely to become even bigger and better than she was (or maybe she already did, but in a shorter time). But that's unlikely to happen, because Gaga doesn't want to become the new Madonna at all :yes:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

nikola

Omg guys if u wanna fight and argue judt get out of this ****ing thread.......

ot:another legend speaking the truth.......i love when legends praise her....also i hope people dont get too suprised when crazy gets back...cuz i am pretty sure its getting back......

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I can see how people think she copies Madonna or copied, but now she's in a totally new league. Gaga is like a rock n roll jazz punk that does pop music. Madonna was simply pop

high heeled fem

:applause:Everybody is finally seeing the Light!! 

Talent wins in the end. Sorry Madge stans! 

yup boy George stating the truth :whitney: when I read his points ...it made me so angry and embarrassed... For Madonna and what she did to the song live the mix....****ing repulsive. Gaga wrote that album for us, the lyrics are amazing. Madge move the **** on already :grr:

gagzus

The Madonna comparisons are valid and I see them now, even though I denied them (after watching Truth or Dare & The Blonde Ambitions tour I realised the comparisons) but I find madonna fans take it to the extreme, they act as if it flows through Gaga's mind "OK! IM GONNA DO THIS BECAUSE MADONNA DID IT AND IT WORKED FOR HER" when I doubt she consciously picks things that reference Madonna, but more subconsciously does it instead but not with the intention of copying or being trendy. Besides Gaga's originality and OTT outfits were forcibly replicated by every major pop girl's label and management going.

My memory of how delusional Madonna stans can be is (if anyone remembers) an article where a repoter "exposed" Gaga & Troy's plan to replicate EVERYTHING from Madonna's career for the purpose of success and spite :rip: 

But I WILL say this; after the whole BTW/EY fiasco Gaga's seemed to distance herself from madonna looks & comparisons, and I haven't found anything madonna related since then for comparison anymore tbh. Besides imo the only comparisons REALLY were the odd outfit in TFM era & BTW/EY comparison and that's it imo.

Yanko

boy george said nothing wrong

gaga always credited madonna as her influence and madonna is talented 

9nKzT.gif

Yanko

and another thread about Madonna gets messy :fail: 

all thnx to certain annoying madge stans :awkney:

It's always the same few people running around and fighting in every single thread, it's sad actually. :lmao: 

okay? 

:applause:Everybody is finally seeing the Light!! 

Talent wins in the end. Sorry Madge stans! 

AgusPop

Stay on-topic otherwise this topic will get locked pretty quickly guys. Stick to discussing the OP please, this isn't the time or place to be bringing up what you think of other members in this way :duck: If you have an issue with someone then report troublesome posts and/or put them on your ignore list and/or PM a moderator

you know Who is the Member here who is problematic. DO SOMETHING!

Yanko

Yup, the same people discussing things in a proper manner & the same people making immature indirect jabs. :yes:

9nKzT.gif

Jjang

you know Who is the Member here who is problematic. DO SOMETHING!

If the mods actually cared about doing something you would have been banned decades ago.

Himeros26

Both are equally theatrical :yes: just watch The Blond Ambition Tour & The Girlie Show.

The comparisons are valid. No one can deny Madonna's influence on Gaga as an artist and performer. The real issue has always been obvious ; Madonna fans claiming Gaga's blatantly ripping off Madonna (when Madge herself denied that claim) OR Gaga fans claiming that Gaga doesn't resemble Madonna at all. It's a conflict between two close minded mentalities.

Flashy shows does nog equal theatricality.

Gaga's voice is musical theatre, look up some musical bootlegs. Not movies based on musicals ... It's very apparent. Am I wrong for sometimes wishing Gaga would take s break from pop and be in a Musical for a while? 

Jjang

I can see how people think she copies Madonna or copied, but now she's in a totally new league. Gaga is like a rock n roll jazz punk that does pop music. Madonna was simply pop

Madonna had released Jazz, swing & classical albums in the past. :yes:

Jjang

Flashy shows does nog equal theatricality.

Gaga's voice is musical theatre, look up some musical bootlegs. Not movies based on musicals ... It's very apparent. Am I wrong for sometimes wishing Gaga would take s break from pop and be in a Musical for a while? 

Theatrical definition :

of, for, or relating to acting, actors, or the theater, exaggerated and excessively dramatic. - These elements are all found in the Blond Ambition Tour & The Girlie Show. The Blond Ambition Tour was also hailed and credited for bringing the idea of theatrical performances mixed with dramatic costume changes and provocations divided into sections as a form of artistic expression. The Monster Ball was clearly influenced by that tour : the same pattern of sections and themes, similar dialogues, religious references..etc. But what I'm trying to say is that it's okay because Gaga managed to add her own alternatives and personality to what she does.

• Jase locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived