opinion

Monster & Starstruck were the hits that got away

gagzus

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lassex

At that time she had no control over what songs were singles, she literally had to fight hard for Alejandro when the label were pushing for either DITD or Monster and that was on her second album nevermind when she was upcoming, Boys Boys Boys was also meant to be another single but she released Bad Romance already before they had the chance to make it happen. It's known that her label were gonna release Starstruck had Just Dance flopped.

Starstruck would've been a successful single obiously, but maybe her label thought it wasn't sonically as close as her other singles :shrug: But do you think it would've been better to release Starstruck instead of some other song?

gagzus

Starstruck would've been a successful single obiously, but maybe her label thought it wasn't sonically as close as her other singles :shrug: But do you think it would've been better to release Starstruck instead of some other song?

LoveGame was a pretty pointless single if you ask me, they only wanted her to release it for s-xual straight appeal. It's not the best on TF either it didn't need to be a single. So i'd trade it for that.

Lassex

it's the epitome of the fame though. it represented her as an artist perfectly 

But I don't think it's as clever as Pokerface or Paparazzi for example :laughga: All the songs on The Fame have this shallow and edgy feeling to them, but Starstruck sounds kinda pretentious :shrug: It's sooo catchy though, it would've been a hit obviously.

Lassex

LoveGame was a pretty pointless single if you ask me, they only wanted her to release it for s-xual straight appeal. It's not the best on TF either it didn't need to be a single. So i'd trade it for that.

I agree actually. But I'd rather choose Boys Boys Boys over Starstruck  :laughga:

Emvee

Some Europeans will fight you to the death if you suggest Alejandro be replaced, though. Apparently it was a huge hit there? 

There was more than enough time between Alejandro and Born This Way for a 4th TFM single, but for whatever reason they felt they needed to build hype for BTW rather than continue the success of TFM.

I'd say Monster would've done really well as a summer single in the U.S. and then Alejandro as a fall single. 

gagzus

I agree actually. But I'd rather choose Boys Boys Boys over Starstruck  :laughga:

Nope, no offence but it would've ruined her appeal in TF era because it's a pretty "gay" song if you get what I mean, her first real "gay" single wasn't till Alejandro which it should stay that way tbh.

gagzus

Some Europeans will fight you to the death if you suggest Alejandro be replaced, though. Apparently it was a huge hit there? 

There was more than enough time between Alejandro and Born This Way for a 4th TFM single, but for whatever reason they felt they needed to build hype for BTW rather than continue the success of TFM.

I'd say Monster would've done really well as a summer single in the U.S. and then Alejandro as a fall single. 

Yeah Alejandro was massive here it's because it's Euro-pop ala Abba inspired, and I think it was because The Monster Ball kicked into high gear and she was performing ALL THE TIME and had no time to record and plan a new music video tbh, I'm sure originally the agreement she came to was Alejandro as single #3 then she would have to release DITD as #4 but her schedule stopped it from happening.

gagzus

Thanks god it didn't happen. Starstruck is ARTPOP's Jewels N Drugs.

And? Jewels n' Drugs is a good song it's Gaga's version of Only & they both would've made good urban radio hits because they're catchy

Head Empty

I think that the singles from The Fame are pretty perfect as they are right now. As for TFM, I definitely think DITD would've been the better choice because it brings a new, serious side of Gaga to the table. And sonically it was a good leeway between TFM and BTW.

I agree that sonically it may feel a bit 'meh', but the Discostick line really caught on and became one of her iconic signature lyrics, right untill Bad Romance came along and replaced it with Rah Rah's :laughga:. But it did serve its purpose.

Mister Gaga

And? Jewels n' Drugs is a good song it's Gaga's version of Only & they both would've made good urban radio hits because they're catchy

Only is flawless, JnD is Gaga's worst song. It's clear than many fans think the same way as me, but i respect your opinion. JnD has less as hit than Again Again

gagzus

Only is flawless, JnD is Gaga's worst song. It's clear than many fans think the same way as me, but i respect your opinion. JnD has less as hit than Again Again

Fans underrate her best material tbh so i wouldn't expect most of you guys to enjoy her out-of-the ordinary songs tbh. I'd say DITD is her worst song if not then Summerboy.

SKANK

Nope, no offence but it would've ruined her appeal in TF era because it's a pretty "gay" song if you get what I mean, her first real "gay" single wasn't till Alejandro which it should stay that way tbh.

Alejandro is a "gay" song? 

Archived