💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

Whispering

I mean the impact Anaconda had... It is insane that she wasn't nominated. Thinking Out Loud? Alright? They weren't even hits!

Where's Anaconda? Where's BBHMM? Who decided on the nominees? 

What? Thinking out Loud peaked at number two on BB and spent twent weeks in the BB top 10. It also went 4 times platinum. 

It got nominations, just not the ones that she wanted. BBHMM was released too late for consideration, maybe next year. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

shes still wrong

the whole vma rant and then the tidal tweet 

Honestly I agree with part of this too... The "slim women" thing was some very thinly veiled shade :smh: 

I do think that talking about race and body image are off-hand super important and implicit (and outright) biases about these things ARE popular in the industry and should be called out. (Mess @ anyone saying "BUT WHY BRING RACE INTO THINGS" in general, because race is always going to be a topic of discussion in injustice) 

...but Nicki was nominated for certain things already, and Beyonce got a nom for 7/11 for VOTY   (that she didn't deserve :green: ) even though its just her in an apartment twerking all over the place so this isn't like an Oscar/Emmy tea where very few to no black actors are often nominated in the first place. You could argue that Beyonce did it in a "classy" way to white media, but I'm not getting into that atm. In other words, I think there are more appropriate people who did get snubbed (like Tinashe :wtf: ) who should be bringing this up. Nicki may be a victim of some low-key racism mixed with body-fat shaming, but its not obvious or blatant and it really comes off as her trying to deflect things to backtrack on the fact that she CLEARLY shaded Taylor. Maybe she didn't mean to and was more concerned with the fact that some people literally find Anaconda unsavory simply because it has black people and asses together but it looks like a cop-out imo.

I also dont think Anaconda deserves VOTY by any means, but a nom. for at least having significant impact? That's debatable.

I hope this post finds that moderate yet radical answer some people are looking for :sara: You don't have to be on the extremes of either side sistren :sis: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Tumblr

Because she mentioned women being pitted against each other? lmao stop reaching.

And that's not what the song is even about. She's not like BITCH!!!!111!!! HOOEEE!!!! She talks about a friend of hers who "betrayed" her and how it feels. No shade. There is zero allusion to Katy in the song and even less on the video. The only people who made it about Katy were Katy herself and her team, so

And Taylor literally spilling about who the Artist is and making it clear it was Katy in an interview. 

But yeah be happy Taylor got lucky she was nominated for Bad Blood, it's basically a trailer for a straight to DVD movie full of D list stars and her vocals are the only reach here, when she's desperately trying to reach those notes in the prechorus.

Kendrick should've never been a part of it.

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Nick1495

They're the ****ing VMAs not the Grammys for goodness sake. Chill Nicki. I agree he got snubbed. 7/11 isn't VOTY worthy. Anaconda should have taken its place. 

Spock

Remember when she LIED about being Bis-xual? because being BI was a ~omfggg edgy~ thing

then she hopped on the feminist bandwagon and claimed that she makes men give her orgasms :lmao:

Just ask Jessie :green:

but lmao yeah I remember.

I like Nicki and bop to her songs but this is just totes ridic

who will love me when the night is over

nikola

Omg nicki just shut the **** up and go to sleep......someone should take her ****ing phone from her and kick her big ****ing ass to bed......she can be so anoying......she does one thing than she is like oh no no no i didnt mean that.....b---h it was obvious shade toward taylor......and why the **** did she bring race into all of this.....so ****ing anoying......doing anything to save her big fake ass.....and tbh anacodna does not deserve to be nominated....song is horible so is the video......she is acting so stupid......and why is she even mad .....at least she got nominated somwhere....

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

NewYorkCity

The woman who says "fuc.k skinny b---hes" talking about defending bodies and women.

DiscoHeaven23

There are MANY instances where people of color are treated unfairly in life. But this, this is not an example of that. Nicki Minaj was backed into a corner and is using this as an escape. It's actually angering that Nicki would play this card when there are so many other people of color experiencing much worse things due to the color of their skin. 

Your videos didn't impress. Sorry :bye:

Rat Boy

Just ask Jessie :green:

but lmao yeah I remember.

I like Nicki and bop to her songs but this is just totes ridic

I remember the Jessie J incident. :rip:

Nicki needs to stop. She needed a sip of her own medicine.

OT: My dad say Jessie on The Voice and thought she was Madge. :smh:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived