Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Soundscan 2015 half year report: Taylor Wins

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

SoundScan's 2015 Half-Year Report: Taylor Wins, Strong Streaming Growth Fails to Stop Album Decline

No doubt remains that it is the year of streaming -- the format has come to dominate music consumption in the U.S.

In the first half of 2015 streaming nearly doubled in popularity over last year, generating 135.2 billion streams, up from 70.3 billion streams in the same period last year. (Some of this growth can be attributed to improved data capture, according to Nielsen Music.)

Audio-only listening generated 58.6 billion streams, versus 33.7 billion last year, an increase of 74.2 percent. Audio's growth was topped by video streams, which accounted for 76.6 billion view-listens, an increase of 109.2 percent from the 36.6 billion streams counted in 2014.

Taylor Swift is ruling the year so far, with 1989 the best-selling album of the first half of 2015 (not to mention topping 2014, too). Last year, 1989 grabbed the top spot with 3.66 million units moved. The album has scanned 1.33 million units so far this year, followed by Drake's If You're Reading This… with 965,000 units. In vinyl sales Swift also reigned, selling 34,000 units. A combined tally of album sales, track downloads and streams leaves Swift, yet again, atop the mountain, totaling 2.011 million album and album equivalent units.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6627139/nielsen-2015-half-year-report-detail-taylor-swift-streaming

Will she pull an Adele? :giveup: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPdidntflop

No offence but this album has been so successful because it was released at the peak in social media. Don't make it more overrated than it already is

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

SlayedForTheGod

No offence but this album has been so successful because it was released at the peak in social media. Don't make it more overrated than it already is

its a well written album with great ideas for promotion(aka videos and promo) dont be bitter.

ARTPOPdidntflop

its a well written album with great ideas for promotion(aka videos and promo) dont be bitter.

I'm not being bitter i'm being honest.

I have nothing against taylor but it's not a superior album. It's above average

Taylor's a G rated artist so she has a broader reach in terms of audience, whereas Azealia Banks isn't but BWET was an amazing album that trumps 1989

LePetitGAGABLover

Ok, now I'm getting annoyed. WTF, that album is good but people treat it like it was written and sang by Jesus himself. Every article I read praises her, even if she is doing literally nothing, like running on a trail or taking a **** in a toilet. The whole situation is getting tired. I guess being neutral on every world conflict and playing it safe pays off. Girl bye.

SissyFromSpace

Imagine if she'd talk about #BlackLivesMatter and Gay Rights. Her sales would be plummeting. Continue to play safe and play along with that cringey ~relatable tumblr personality~Tay Tay

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Redstreak

It's success is due to the height of social media? Sis it's social media that's killing album sales :pray:

Redstreak

Imagine if she'd talk about #BlackLivesMatter and Gay Rights. Her sales would be plummeting. Continue to play safe and play along with that cringey ~relatable tumblr personality~Tay Tay

She tweeted about the gay marriage ruling tho. The first song from 1989 mentions gay relationships :Chica:

ARTPOPdidntflop

It's success is due to the height of social media? Sis it's social media that's killing album sales :pray:

More people here about news of 1989. Same goes with Beyonce.

An album doesn't have to be amazing quality, just a big artist like taylor.

Imagine if Teenage Dream was released now? It would have massive sales

SissyFromSpace

She tweeted about the gay marriage ruling tho. The first song from 1989 mentions gay relationships :Chica:

the lies. on 2:44 she says "i ****ing hate gays" you can hear it in the background. Like when Gaga says "church" in Born This Way (song)

Redstreak

But that doesn't make sense when album sales are continuously falling across the board. Taylor just happens to be an anomaly

Gohan

TD had massive sales though :lolgaga:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

SissyFromSpace

1989 is also Katy Perry lite :rip: 

Redstreak

the lies. on 2:44 she says "i ****ing hate gays" you can hear it in the background. Like when Gaga says "church" in Born This Way (song)

I hear if you play Iggy's parts in Pretty Girls backwards it's a pro-abortion speech

Whispering

What are you even talking about? Album sales were higher back when Teenage Dream was released, not lower. Album sales have decreased with each passing year, not increased! If TD was released this past year, it would have sold less, not more. 

Archived