💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Anyone have a good interpretation of Dance in the Dark?

GHGUY

Featured Posts

I absolutely adore Dance in the Dark and while I think I have figured out the meaning of the song and have read some interpretations online I want to know if I there is an official interpretation of the song or what you guys have been able to get out from it.

would appreciate to hear all your opinions on the song too!

INNA

I don't know if you've seen this, but here is the official interpretation of the song from Gaga herself:

“The record is about a girl who likes to have s-x with the lights off, because she’s embarrassed about her body. She doesn’t want her man to see her naked. She will be free, and she will let her inner animal out, but only when the lights are out. 

She doesn’t feel free without the moon. These lyrics are a way for me to talk about how I believe women and some men feel innately insecure about themselves all the time. It’s not sometimes, it’s not in adolescence, it’s always. 

The song isn’t called ‘Dance in the Light,’ I’m not a gospel singer trying to cross people over. What I’m saying is, ‘I get it. I feel you, I feel the same way, and it’s OK.’”

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Red

She said it is about being afraid of s-x/having s-x with the lights off

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

AgusPop

Marilyn Monroe --> She committed suicide
Judy Garland--> had a long battle with d--gs and alcohol, which ultimately led to her death

Sylvia Plath---> She committed suicide in 1963.

Tellem' girls! what is Dance in The Dark

Marilyn Monroe --> She committed suicide
Judy Garland--> had a long battle with d--gs and alcohol, which ultimately led to her death

Sylvia Plath---> She committed suicide in 1963.

were they insecure about their appearance or image or themselves?

AgusPop

were they insecure about their appearance or image or themselves?

not at all. For me the song has a deeper meaning. For me The Dark is The Depression, adictions, Death

not at all. For me the song has a deeper meaning. For me The Dark is The Depression

this is why I love Gaga her songs have like double or even sometimes triple meanings 

AgusPop

this is why I love Gaga her songs have like double or even sometimes triple meanings 

yes:yes: she is amazing :legend:

Plus. ..Work your blonde Jon Benét Ramsey...

The little girl who was murdered. I think The dark is the death

DITD is fascinating :giveup: as Gaga

Head Empty

Adding to what others I have already said, I think that the song in general is simply about insecurity, or "fear of yourself". The song is produced in such a way that you hear a lot of Gaga's vocals echo throughout the song. When you listen to it with headphones, you even hear the voices jump from left to right all the time. To me, the song symbolizes overthinking everything and being haunted by insecure thoughts. "Dancing" in the dark takes on the meaning of keeping your "true" self and all your thoughts+fantasies hidden from everyone else, because you're afraid that others won't accept you.

Jay.P

I agree that it is produced in a unique way, Fernando Garibay is amazing

Do you hear that? It's poison.

SlaeUrAnus

It is about a girl who is self conscious about her body and does not want her boyfriend to see it in the light.

So instead she has s-x in the Dark.

Very deep and very dark song. My most favourite song of all time.

In my messy era.

Dorothy Gale

not at all. For me the song has a deeper meaning. For me The Dark is The Depression, adictions, Death

Judy was insecure about her looks actually. She was called a hunchback by the people at MGM. 

AgusPop

Judy was insecure about her looks actually. She was called a hunchback by the people at MGM. 

Ok, but Marilyn Monroe was well known for her love affairs. she was not shy at all. 

Its ok that interpretation. Gaga herself said that. but for me. it has a deeper interpretation :hug:

Tokyo Rose

Rockshow/I Like It Rough, DITD, and MTN are kinda like a trilogy if you think about it.

Sexxx Dreams has similar aspects too

Archived