💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are we calling LG6 by LG5

E24187

Featured Posts

Slayer

No one outside of Gaga and the fan base considers TFM a separate album from TF. The sales from TFM counted towards the sales of TF, so it would be unfair to call it a separate album and still combine those sales.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lona Delery

The Fame - LG1

The Fame Monster - LG2

Born This Way - LG3

ARTPOP - LG4

Cheek to Cheek - TB+LG1

The next one - LG5

Finally someone got it :applause:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

KindaTrashy

While TFM isn't an album, per say, it is a separate body of work. It was available alone (at least on iTunes, I've just bought the explicit version), with it's own album cover and booklet so on. How many re-releases do that? They're two sides of the same concept which is why they were tied together but as pieces of music they are two totally separate entities. 

Bradley

To me it's LG5 : TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, LG5

I love CtC but I count it as an extra album in her discography, it's more a Tony/Gaga #1

I guess we all know how to call it when Gaga will say the number of this album

Gaga regards it as an actual studio album, which in fact is the fact. But let's not count what Gaga thinks.

How is Cheek to Cheek a side project for Lady Gaga when she is the major artist of the album? Tony has released over 70 albums and many of his albums are collaboration projects, yet all these are counted as his studio albums. Hence, we cannot disregard a major studio album by Gaga just because it differs from her usual genre.

Even Wikipedia counts Cheek to Cheek as a full studio album. However, you might have noticed that Wikipedia counts the next one as the fifth studio album but that is because technically they count The Fame Monster as an EP, which in little monsters' perspectives is a full record.

monketsharona

Gaga regards it as an actual studio album, which in fact is the fact. But let's not count what Gaga thinks.

How is Cheek to Cheek a side project for Lady Gaga when she is the major artist of the album? Tony has released over 70 albums and many of his albums are collaboration projects, yet all these are counted as his studio albums. Hence, we cannot disregard a major studio album by Gaga just because it differs from her usual genre.

Even Wikipedia counts Cheek to Cheek as a full studio album. However, you might have noticed that Wikipedia counts the next one as the fifth studio album but that is because technically they count The Fame Monster as an EP, which in little monsters' perspectives is a full record.

Actually I think it's not really easy to say if CtC is her 5th album or not. For exemple P!nk duet album is mostly not counted as her next album as a solo artist... I'm not saying this because it's Jazz or because it's a Tony Bennett collaboration. But it's always hard to say if a duet album is  or is not an extra album in an artist career. I guess it's depend on the artist and his/her wish to make it a side project or not... 

DiscoHeaven23

Technically this next album would be considered the 5th LP Lady Gaga has put out, so LG5. Cheek to cheek counts just like Watch the Throne counts as an LP for Kanye and Jay-Z. But this will be Lady Gaga's 4th solo LP so I could see it being called LG4 too. I LOVE the fame monster but it's not an LP even though it should have been. I mean, would you call Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up nicki Minaj's third album? I think not. I think any way you look at it, this shouldn't be called LG6. After writing this I think LG4 sounds most appropriate. Like there's gunna be a lot of jazz albums and by 2030 we'd be at LG3000 if we counted Jazz albums with Tony Bennett. 

This discussion will keep going for every album from now on, unless Gaga herself calls it "my 5th album" or something like that :smh:.

Yeah, that won't stop the fans. Gaga has called TFM her sophomore album incessantly yet delusional monsters still call it only an EP.

Didymus

So all of this is rooted in the fact that people use LG(-) as a way to refer to her solo albums? :dies: Of course then the next album will be LG5, no one would argue about that.

Problem is other people use it to just refer to "Gaga albums", whether they're solo albums or not. So we can stop the attacking, people are just using these things in different ways and they're all logical in their own way.

tomsches

it's annoying to call it LG in the first place

Radio Ga Ga

TFM is definitely LG2. It's way longer than what an EP's suppose to be

Cheek to Cheek on the other hand is a collab album, it should be TB+LG1 or something like that. She also didn't write anything that was on the album, she just sang them.

DeleteMyAccount

If The Fame Monster was nominated for Album of the Year than I'd consider it a full album.  

Also every time I see a thread title with LG1, LG6, etc I  always think of LG phones or something.. :sis:

Yanko

and gagas perspective

DiscoHeaven23

it's annoying to call it LG in the first place

it has ALWAYS reminded me of the electronics company "LG"

Archived