💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would the video 4 Marry The Night Be the same If I was the 2nd Single?

HANZ

Would The Video Be The Same?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would The Video Be The Same?

• NO Nothing Would change
    • YES, even the concept and scenario could have been different

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance

I agree it had the potential to be a much better video

But the current video is so good, though.  I mean, it's not a Paparazzi or a Telephone or Judas but it was still very biographical and awesome, IMO.  :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

HANZ

Your statement is correct.  MTN was supposed to be the lead single but it was changed to BTW.  If MTN would have been picked over Judas, the slayage would have been surreal!  After BTW was at the top of the Hot 100 for 6 weeks, MTN would have easily topped the charts as well.  Since TEOG was chosen as third single, it could have easily gone to the # 1 spot, too!  the slayage of Born This Way would have been phenomenal!  Oh well, I'm happy with what we got.  :yes:

I know but it's frustrating, just imagine this

singles 

1.-Born this way

2.-marry the night

3.- the edge of glory

4.- ScheiBe,with the hype of the previous singles and with a performance at the VMA's and some radio edit it could have at least been a top 10 hit:saladga:

and finally you and I for the holidays

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

HANZ

It had so much potential. I just think they focused on portions of the album that weren't as cool imo (You and I, Born This Way, The Edge of Glory [which of course would have been a single anyway but coming after BTW/Judas and then being followed with You and I it was like sealed era done]). There was a much darker/edgier portion of the album that I think would've fared much better especially with the dark visual aesthetic she was going for at the time.

true

this would have been my singles

1.- BTW

2.- MTN

3.- TEOG

4.- ScheiBe

5.- You and I for the holidays

6 and in january Heavy Metal Lover could have been nice

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

luckythisway

Your statement is correct.  MTN was supposed to be the lead single but it was changed to BTW.  If MTN would have been picked over Judas, the slayage would have been surreal!  After BTW was at the top of the Hot 100 for 6 weeks, MTN would have easily topped the charts as well.  Since TEOG was chosen as third single, it could have easily gone to the # 1 spot, too!  the slayage of Born This Way would have been phenomenal!  Oh well, I'm happy with what we got.  :yes:

BTW lead, MTN 2nd TEOG 3rd, the would've all went #1 and then that would've made the fourth single a top3/5 and the 5th a top 10 

CHROMATICA

FrankGutz

MTN is ha best song AND VIDEO

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

ARTPOPisaChoice

I don't think the video would have been the same. 

As for the lead single discussion, I think Born This Way was a more culturally-needed song, but Marry The Night probably would have lasted at #1 for 7 or more weeks, and would have spent much longer in the Top Ten. It was much more close to the "it" sound of 2011 than Born This Way was. 

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

iloveit123

Sometimes later singles on an album don't get the same push or attention as earlier ones, so yes, if it had been single number two, it probably would be a different story (though I am fine with the video).

And I would have been fine with it being single two because MTN was one of my fave songs when I first heard the album.

Bad Bromance

I know but it's frustrating, just imagine this

singles 

1.-Born this way

2.-marry the night

3.- the edge of glory

4.- ScheiBe,with the hype of the previous singles and with a performance at the VMA's and some radio edit it could have at least been a top 10 hit:saladga:

and finally you and I for the holidays

Yes!!!  This would have been perfect!!!  :giveup:  With all of these singles, in the order in which you listed them, BTW could have sold more copies and would have served TFM level slayage.  I mean, it still slayed but not as hard as TF and TFM.

Bad Bromance

BTW lead, MTN 2nd TEOG 3rd, the would've all went #1 and then that would've made the fourth single a top3/5 and the 5th a top 10 

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more, hun.   :yes:

Hauser

But the current video is so good, though.  I mean, it's not a Paparazzi or a Telephone or Judas but it was still very biographical and awesome, IMO.  :yes:

The current one is nice but there is just so much footage that I felt wasn't needed. You know when you like a song and then you watch the video and you absolutely fall in love with the song, well I originally loved the song from first listen but the music video just didn't add anything to my experience listening to MTN.

warhol killer

if it was the lead, it could have been a Nick Knight X Gaga slayage...

this. i can see it already

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

VTV

this. i can see it already

plus the LAG choreo...damn it'll be a smash then 2nd single will be BTW then Schesse then you and i then TEOG... sh*t

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

warhol killer

plus the LAG choreo...damn it'll be a smash then 2nd single will be BTW then Schesse then you and i then TEOG... sh*t

yeeeessssssss i can TEOG as last single :giveup: it should have been the last single :giveup:

petition for no more promo singles the next album :gaycat:

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Bad Bromance

The current one is nice but there is just so much footage that I felt wasn't needed. You know when you like a song and then you watch the video and you absolutely fall in love with the song, well I originally loved the song from first listen but the music video just didn't add anything to my experience listening to MTN.

Yeah, I guess that can happen to some fans.  For me, however, the video made me love the song even more because I felt a connection to Gaga.  It could be that I may just like the video too much given that I went through a very dark time in my life and I can connect with it very well. 

Archived