Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Bonnie McKee: Katy hasn't started on her new album yet

Spock

Featured Posts

Yves

I don't know her. All I know is getting signed to Epic (except for Meghan, who is currently funding the label) would lead to being dropped. :rip: 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth

Katy works on her lyrics, but she's not that involved in all of her song.

I mean, Sia knows Katy Perry. If Katy write all of her song, Sia would never have sent 'Pretty Hurts' to Katy. And I'm sure it's the same thing that happened with Double Rainbow : Sia sent the lyrics and Katy changed one or two things.

Where did you got this from? Sia herself has said that writing with Katy is hard because she (Katy) is the main writer and most of the ideas are hers. Do you even know anything about Double Rainbow (song) and how it was created and came to mind? I guess not. Katy and Sia barely have worked on any songs together. The only song of Katy which is associated with Sia (which they wrote together) is Double Rainbow. I think that Katy in fact ignored Sia's email about Pretty Hurts on purpose, because she didn't want to let her down by rejecting the song. Do you know that the songs other songwriters wrote for Katy were rejected by Katy herself? Do some research and you'll see for yourself.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

She deserves to rest for a little bit...but I thought the PRISM tour will end in December? Or was I misinformed....

The PRISMATIC World Tour will end in October.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

LoveandMagic

Couldn't agree more, and in that spirit, let's try to shift the attention from Katy and onto Bonnie's other interesting answers in the interview :party: 

Would you rule out signing with another major?
No. It was important for me to build a foundation on my own and just get something off the ground. It seems like every time I get involved with a major label years go by and I can’t ****ing get an album out. I don’t understand it. Again, I think people’s expectations of me are so astronomically high that its like, “where’s your ‘Roar,’ where’s your ‘Teenage Dream’?” Why aren’t you asking other new artists, “Where’s your Like A Prayer?, Where’s your Thriller?”. I’m a new artist and I’m just trying to get the ball rolling.

Apart from Charlie, who else are you writing for at the moment?
I’ve been doing the Charlie Puth stuff, I just worked with Akon the other day. I’m constantly writing for other people but you never know if they’re going to take it. I’ve submitted songs for Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez, but you never know what’s going to happen. What else have I been working on? I’ve just really been focused on myself.

Who was your favorite person to work with in the studio?
I love Adam Lambert. He’s so cool. He’s so funny, he’s hilarious. He just has me in stitches. He’s also the best vocalist I’ve worked with, hands down, he’s incredible. Not only does he have a huge range and great instincts, he emotes. He’s very emotive. He was a professional musician before any of this American Idol **** happened. He’s been doing it his whole life. I really enjoy working with him.

Do you ever feel a bit jaded with the industry?
Yeah. Absolutely, yeah. It’s really easy to feel that way especially. I fought and struggled for a really long time and then when I hit, I hit. I got spoiled, I had like four hit songs in one summer. I had three songs in the top five. With my first hits. I was like, “Oh, okay.” But when it starts to slow down you’re like, “Oh ****.” I don’t know, my expectations are so high. I expect everything to go that way, but it’s not the way it works.

Thanks for posting the rest! You rock as always. :kisses:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Haroon

Thanks for posting the rest! You rock as always. :kisses:

Haha aww thanks, the feeling's mutual :hi5: Those questions & answers were just the ones I personally found interesting, there are loads more in the article :flutter: 

LoveandMagic

Haha aww thanks, the feeling's mutual :hi5: Those questions & answers were just the ones I personally found interesting, there are loads more in the article :flutter: 

Awesome! Let me check the rest out then.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Kacey Elizabeth

Sia sent her Pretty Hurts. She wrote this song for Katy. Katy just missed the email and texted Sia (after listen to Beyoncé's version) that she was Pretty hurt to not have this song

Actually, Sia said it was difficult because she's usually the dominant person, but Katy also wants to be this one.

In this Q&A, Sia describes more Katy like a person who know what she wants (and that's à good thing imo) saying Yes or no to Sia's proposition than à lyricist.

Just because Sia wrote Pretty Hurts for Katy doesn't mean a thing. In fact, multiple songs have been written for Katy by other songwriters but have been rejected by Katy herself. I mean, Katy says that she missed the email about Pretty Hurts. From what I know, Pretty Hurts was first sent to Katy's email, but when Katy did not answered the email, Sia decided to give it to Rihanna, so she gave it to her managment, and the song was in Rihanna's management hands for eight months, and when the management failed to pay track's fee, Beyonce took it. And the only time Katy heard Pretty Hurts was when Beyonce sang it. Let's be honest here, nobody goes for at least eight months without checking their email once. The only logical explanation here is that Katy knew about Pretty Hurts and it's email all that time, but did not want to say no to Sia about the song, since it is such a empowering, beautiful, meanjnful, deep, and uplifting song. We all can see here that Katy won't release or even accept songs which are not written by herself. She could've easily took Pretty Hurts and just change, add, or remove a few lines and words and just put her name on writing credits, but she didn't.

And no no no. Sia said that it's hard working with Katy because Katy is the MAIN WRITER and most of the ideas are hers, and she specifically knows what she wants. Stop making things up please.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

djBuffoon

If this happens, Gagz needs to win, im gonna pray :pray:

I could be entirely wrong, but I have a feeling that ARTPOP will become more appreciated than Prism in time.

PrinceGaga

Actually quite the opposite (although ive never actually sat through the entire movie, ive seen the first 10 minutes or so :adam:). Im not ignorant, I don't just hate artists because im some basic pop "stan" that has no spine or opinion. Ive listened to her albums, ive seen interviews, I know some about her personal life. None of it delivers anything of interest to me or imo popular culture in general. Shes made a catchy song or two, shes shoved down my throat as an american, all in all shes a big bore from her performance quality to her musical output and even her personal life a.k.a celebrity. Theres just nothing there imo. Shes like an overglorified Kelly Clarkson, a generic artist of which you hear as background noise while shopping for groceries or waiting in the dentists office. A ficus in a drab office building.

I fricken love you omg!! 

Pure Adrenaline

of course not she patiently waits for Gaga to annnounce her next album so she could re-record and re-write a bunch of old tracks and release them at the same time as Gaga :later:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Kacey Elizabeth

yes you always say things like this to give more credit to Katy than she deserves and I told you I saw the tour on epix which was enough to prove she has no presence or talent.  And if you don't understand my sentences maybe you need to repeat your junior year to help you out. ;)

You are really close minded and ignorant if you only judge an artist's stage presence and talent by one performance (although The PWT filmed concert movie which was premiered at EPIX was not bad at all, it was actually great). But you know something, talking to people like you you is like talking to a wall, so :bye:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

PrinceGaga

No, the reason I responded like that was because he has his own opinion, and I do not want to argue with people's opinion. However, if you went to any of Katy's tours, you would that she has a lot of stage presence and she doesn't let the big production overpower her. She still sings live and does choreography on stage and interacts and connects with her crowd/audience. 

um that never stopped you before, so...

also there is a difference between opinion and reality. 

Not being a Katy fan is great because  I am able to stand back and see the truth instead of a stan who would blindly love and respect the things she does. I guess the Grammys speak for themselves. All none of them

Kacey Elizabeth

um that never stopped you before, so...

also there is a difference between opinion and reality. 

Not being a Katy fan is great because  I am able to stand back and see the truth instead of a stan who would blindly love and respect the things she does. I guess the Grammys speak for themselves. All none of them

The things that he said are his opinions, and some people like you agree with them and others don't. Don't try to pull off your opinion as reality. 

Here we go with the Grammys argument again. Doesn't it ever get boring for people like you to drag Katy for the same thing over and over again? Like, seriously? 

Btw, Bob Marely, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly, Kate Bush, Janis Joplin, Diana Ross, Patsy Cline, Freddie Mercury, Led Zeppelin, and Tupac did not won and do not have a Grammy. Just saying ;) 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Whispering

Katy works on her lyrics, but she's not that involved in all of her song.

I mean, Sia knows Katy Perry. If Katy write all of her song, Sia would never have sent 'Pretty Hurts' to Katy. And I'm sure it's the same thing that happened with Double Rainbow : Sia sent the lyrics and Katy changed one or two things.

She writes on all of her songs, but the label accepts songs from professional lyricists and songwriting teams. Like many artists, who aren't primarily songwriters, the artist adds a little here and there or adds a bridge...and away we go! Many demos from these types of songwriting teams of professional lyricists and songwriters leave the bridge out, so the artist that picks up the song can add a it (often times with help from the producer) to the song and get songwriting credit.

I would love to see Katy take a stand at her label and deny all these types of songs and professional lyricists. (Like Bonnie) I would like to see what she could really do without all the other professional lyricists. Maybe she could break out of this rather childish image and songs....but then again, maybe the label keeps her stuck there and she doesn't know how to get out of it. I would also like to see her break from Dr. Luke for an album. IMO, she needs a change with this upcoming era, to move away some from the little girl market. That market is a double edged sword. It will push you to greater success, but it also puts you in a box and can hurt your image and brand long term. Now is really the time to step in and change it for the next era!

Archived