💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Scheiße lucky that it wasn't a single?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Riot Poof

It could've been robbed of a great music video.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga

I actually wasn't a huge fan of G.U.Y. until it became a single. It kinda had a new meaning to it once gaga made her "comeback" from her little blackout era. 

ryhanna

I always disliked G.U.Y. lol. My opinion didn't change because of it's chart position. 

Marry The Night was a fantastic song that I really loved hearing on the radio, and I'm still kinda surprised it didn't chart better. 

So for me, personally, no, it's not lucky. Scheiße could have been an awesome single and I'd still love it regardless of how it performed.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Most people love MTN so I don't think that's an issue. 

In the case of GUY it's quite a derivative song for Gaga and feels like it was engineered to recreate the formula of her 2009-2010 hits, right down to the video. So it's understandable that the poor performance would bathe the song in a negative light

Phlop

Scheiße was universally the fan favorite and would've indeed slayed. It's catchy, easy to remix, the production is clean, and the chorus is strong. The only experimental part is the faux German which is very Gaga.

GUY wasn't universally wanted as a single. Fans were torn with Sexxx Dreams, Venus, MANiCURE and Gypsy. And the latter all have better choruses which is the most important part in sending a song to the radio besides its production.

Scheiße should've been a single and that is all. 

BYE

Whispering

You guys wouldn't believe the amount of people that used to act like MTN was the second coming of Jesus and after it flopped they now act like they never really liked the song 

Oh, I believe it! It was the same with ARTPOP. The people who loved it started hating it when it didn't do as well as they wanted it to, sales wise. The funniest is when they claimed that they looooved it, but simply grew tired of it in a couple of weeks or months. :smh: Suuuure....we believe you....lol

Whispering

I never cared for G.U.Y. much and never thought it would catch on with the demo on Pop radio. That single was dead in the water, before it ever started.

Same thing would have happened with Scheisse. It wouldn't have appealed to the Pop radio demo or the PDs at radio stations. The song was much better left as an album song and concert song. There are some songs on albums that simply aren't meant to be singles, but that doesn't mean they aren't good songs overall. 

TimisaMonster

It was like Venus...snubbed for a song that Gaga said would never become a single... :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Emvee

It should've been the 2nd single. If you're gonna flop, flop with a good song. 

The Child

I actually wasn't a huge fan of G.U.Y. until it became a single. It kinda had a new meaning to it once gaga made her "comeback" from her little blackout era. 

Me too, I never cared for G.U.Y till it became a single.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Dominic

Marry The Night was ruined for me when it became a single, not because of the charts but because of that pretentious video it had. I cannot stand the MTN video, it felt very contrived.  

Scheiße would have been a great single if it were released at a similar time as the fragrance. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

BuzzcutSeason

Marry the Night was first meant to be the LEAD single at some point (then they decided to change to BTW obvs). Then it was meant to be the third single but then Judas flopped and TEOG was slaying as a promo single so they rushed it.

i remember and i think people would appreciate Marry The Night more if it was released at a different time cuz the label wouldn't just release a crappy lead single or consider one the first songs you here off the album are always meant to have the best qualities or just the best song.

Blade

BTW singles were perfect. Sheibe would have flopped harder than Pretty Girls 

Pretty Girls didn't even flop that hard. :excuseu:(its one of my fave beyonce songs):blehga:

Born To Slay

Pretty Girls didn't even flop that hard. :excuseu:(its one of my fave beyonce songs):blehga:

they meant the Britney/Iggy colab

Ladey Gagz

mte :emma: Just like Run the World, G.U.Y.'s music video made me love the song

Archived