Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Apple Music's first exclusive is a new track from Pharrell Williams

Coop

Featured Posts

Coop

Here's a pretty great way to launch a streaming music service: make it the only place to hear a new song from Pharrell, who makes, like, all of the hits. Pharrell and Apple last night began teasing the new song, a track called "Freedom" that was actually previewed without much fanfare during Apple Music's announcement earlier this month. The song sounds exactly as catchy as anything you'd expect from Pharrell, which is a good sign for Apple. If the world agrees that it's his next hit, then they'll have a good reason to sign up for Apple Music. The song goes live on June 30th, when the service launches.

Pharrell's "Freedom" is already scoring Apple Music's first commercial — in fact, the commercial actually announces it as a new Pharrell track. It'll likely premiere on the Beats 1 radio station, which anyone can listen to. But it also seems likely that the song will then live, for at least a short while, as an exclusive inside of Apple Music's Connect section, where it can only be played by paid subscribers (or people signed up for the free trial). If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see if a song can become a hit from behind a paywall — or if the song doesn't just leak everywhere immediately, given how the internet works. Tidal quickly faced the same issues with its exclusives, and it's likely that someone will be out there ready to give "Freedom" the freedom from Apple Music.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/24/8837939/pharrell-apple-music-first-exclusive-song

Pharamon

I guess the new streaming applications and exclusives for users are a thing now

bionic

"If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see [...] if the song doesn't just leak everywhere immediately, given how the internet works"

It will. Why even speculate about that when it will.

buy bionic

Pierre

I'm so over him, I really hate Happy now. He's good and talented, but there's a point when it's enought of one song/person. :saladga:  

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Henry

Well he can keep it. Give me Gaga Apple if you want me to renew after the first three months.

sttmPzz.gif

Pierre

I guess the new streaming applications and exclusives for users are a thing now

Just like LM.com :fat: 

Gaga, the Nostradamus of this generation :queenga: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

monketsharona

I think there will be more exclusive. Maybe Lady Gaga ? (TIHTY ?)

All these music app's trying to do these exclusives are so annoying.

I'm so over it.

TIDAL doing exclusives (music videos, tracks, BTS), SPOTIFY doing exclusives (Tyga's new album), and now APPLE.

No one cares, post the **** on iTunes, all streaming services, vevo, or your website directly for your fans or get out :fthis:

bionic

I'm so over him, I really hate Happy now. He's good and talented, but there's a point when it's enought of one song/person. :saladga:  

It doesn't help when all of his songs sound so similar :saladga: 

buy bionic

Archived