Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ask Billboard: Rihanna's Best-Selling Songs & Albums

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

A look at RiRi's biggest hits, according to Nielsen Music. Plus, more about the No. 1 run of 'See You Again' & more.

As always, submit questions about Billboard charts, as well as general music musings, to [email protected]. Please include your first and last name, as well as your city, state and country, if outside the U.S. Or, tweet @gthot20

RIHANNA's BEST-SELLING SONGS & ALBUMS

@gthot20 @billboard With such a milestone, this would be a great time for a Rihanna sales update and/or chart facts article :) Please? :)

A decade of Rihanna ‏@hitseeker_

Hi @hitseeker_

As celebrated on Billboard.com, the first decade of Rihanna on the charts has wrapped, capping an astonishingly successful start to her career. To Rih-iterate, Rihanna, 17 years old at the time of her chart arrival, has tallied 13 Billboard Hot 100 toppers, tying Michael Jackson for the third-most most Hot 100 No. 1s all-time. They trail only The Beatles, with 20, and Mariah Carey (18).

How has Rihanna's music sold? Here's a look at her best-selling songs and albums over her first decade of dominance, according to Nielsen Music.

Best-Selling Songs
6.4 million, "Love the Way You Lie" (Eminem feat. Rihanna) / 5.4 million, "We Found Love" (feat. Calvin Harris) / 4.8 million, "Disturbia" / 4.7 million, "Live Your Life" (T.I. feat. Rihanna) / 4.48 million, "Stay" (feat. Mikky Ekko)

4.47 million, "Umbrella" (feat. Jay Z) / 3.844 million, "The Monster" (Eminem feat. Rihanna) / 3.837 million, "S&M" / 3.7 million, ""Don't Stop the Music" / 3.6 million, "Only Girl (In the World)"

3.52 million, "Diamonds" / 3.49 million, "Run This Town" (Jay Z, Rihanna & Kanye West) / 3.05 million, "What's My Name?" (feat. Drake) / 3.04 million, "Rude Boy" / 3 million, "Take a Bow"

Studio Albums in the U.S.
2.8 million, Good Girl Gone Bad / 1.8 million, Loud / 1.4 million, A Girl Like Me / 1.2 million, Unapologetic / 1.15 million, Talk That Talk / 1.13 million, Rated R / 623,000, Music of the Sun

bionic

detectivelatoy.gif

"FourFive Seconds"

detectivelatoy.gif

"BItch Better Have My Money"

detectivelatoy.gif

"American Oxygen"

buy bionic

Caesium

Surprised all of R8s singles haven't been certified 2x tissue paper yet :lolly:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Tumblr

detectivelatoy.gif

"FourFive Seconds"

detectivelatoy.gif

"BItch Better Have My Money"

detectivelatoy.gif

"American Oxygen"

drag? .. 

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Supersonic

Diamonds didn't even scratch 4mil? That song felt a lot larger. It was at #1 for like 8 or 9 weeks where I live :deadbanana:

GagaMyBlood95

Her album sales are really not impressive, but she is definitely the queen of singles :applause: 

Tumblr

I thought 45S was somewhat a hit.

Just as big as Applause :gaycat:

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

ViviLittleM

Just as big as Applause :gaycat:

Not even as big as Applause.

Applause sales = 2.54 million

FFS sales = ~1.8M

Ray of Light

Most of her big hits being collaborations... I'm not impressed.

OH. MY. GOD. @ the album sales. No comment there. 

ijaqh6XIwYuHj.gif

ViviLittleM

Most of her big hits being collaborations... I'm not impressed.

OH. MY. GOD. @ the album sales. No comment there. 

ijaqh6XIwYuHj.gif

At least no album under 1M like ARTPOP ^^

Ray of Light

At least no album under 1M like ARTPOP ^^

no yet anyways hihihihihihih

#Pray4R8

Archived