Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does Gaga butcher her songs on tour?

Better Day

Featured Posts

monsterdreams

There is no way she 'butchers' her songs, she just wants to make the fans happy by including as many songs as possible 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkCity

A concert is not filled by Gaga fans. Most of the crowd are going to be people from the GP who want to hear the hits. And meanwhile they listen to the new album. But she has to perfom the hits.

Now, my artRAVE was more than 2 hours long. If she has to perform every song in full that would be a 3 hours concert. 

She has to make everyone happy and please the whole crowd, and that's the best way.

I still don't get the drama... I mean, I'd rather listen to more songs even if they are shortened... what am I missing? A second verse that sounds like the first?

verse-chorus-bridge-chorus is a great way to do it.

Whispering

Probably laziness.

She cut MJH in it's entirety.

I know that sounds mean but the case of cutting songs is simply the performer not doing her job right 

Or it is simply an artistic choice that many top artists make, so that they can promote their new album AND also sing their hits from other albums. It is an artistic choice that has nothing to do with laziness and you know it.

Gaga gives the audience two solid hours of non-stop singing, dancing and instrument playing several times a week for months and months! She is 100 per cent doing her job as an artist and an entertainer! 

SLAYing

A concert is not filled by Gaga fans. Most of the crowd are going to be people from the GP who want to hear the hits. And meanwhile they listen to the new album. But she has to perfom the hits.

Now, my artRAVE was more than 2 hours long. If she has to perform every song in full that would be a 3 hours concert. 

She has to make everyone happy and please the whole crowd, and that's the best way.

I still don't get the drama... I mean, I'd rather listen to more songs even if they are shortened... what am I missing? A second verse that sounds like the first?

verse-chorus-bridge-chorus is a great way to do it.

Well said  :applause: 

Instagram : saurabh_slays

Spock

Idk but I hate it. Between her cutting like two songs per leg, yapping her mouth the entire time (Donatella ?), screaming and reducing them to 40 seconds, it's horrible. The only problem I had with the artRAVE. 

And imo her hip has nothing to do with it. She could perfectly pull a Kylie Minogue and not dance and just sway and do easy choreo with her dancers while singing long ass sets full with hits, fan favorites and crowd pleasers. 

who will love me when the night is over

TimisaMonster

Not really, it's her own choice, I wouldn't mind her cutting Telephone (which was non existant anyways), You and I, Alejandro, and all other songs that aren't JD, BR and BTW, and the songs that are left (ALL the album songs and the three mentioned above, obviously those might change for the next tour since she's probably going to be performing Applause) to be performed in full.  

Like I said...she HAS to do both. Fans want the new music...casual fans want to hear the old hits so she has to perform both... Not really a choice rn in her career

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Born To Slay

Idk but I hate it. Between her cutting like two songs per leg, yapping her mouth the entire time (Donatella ?), screaming and reducing them to 40 seconds, it's horrible. The only problem I had with the artRAVE. 

And imo her hip has nothing to do with it. She could perfectly pull a Kylie Minogue and not dance and just sway and do easy choreo with her dancers while singing long ass sets full with hits, fan favorites and crowd pleasers. 

she should just do longer concerts tbh, why can't she do a 3 to 3 1/2 concert with the entire album and like 3 or 4 songs from each prior album in full? She doesn't dance that much lbr. If someone wants to argue that with me, tell me which ArtRave routine was even just a bit complicated. If Gaga really can't do it all at one time, then have a half hour intermission.

Duella Dvil

they are the same word

butcher and shortened ate not equal. Everyone that's come on here has said something... If they "were" the same... The confusion would not exist...

www.instagram.com/theduella666

TEANUS

For those saying they miss when Gaga didn't cut songs, like The Fame Ball and The Monster Ball, it's because she didn't have as many songs. During The Fame Ball she's obviously not gonna have to cut anything cause she only has one album to pick from. The Monster Ball all she HAD to do was the four singles from The Fame and the eight songs from The Fame Monster, of course they're all gonna be in full and your gonna get some extras from The Fame. But then when the Born This Way Ball came around, she had 17 songs to perform (even though she only did 16 for most of the tour), the four singles from The Fame, and the three singles from The Fame Monster, of course some songs are gonna get cut but at least all of her hits up to that point were performed. Then we had the artRave. She had 11 past top 10 singles to pick from, and 15 songs from ARTPOP. If she performed all 26 songs in full, she was gonna be EXHAUSTED. Even if she didn't dance as much like some of you mentioned, using her voice all night and moving around the stage and other things in addition to the big dance numbers would drain her. So, we should consider ourselves lucky she represented ALL 11 of those top 10 singles by the end of the tour, in addition to the 15 album tracks. 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Psychedelic

To play more songs... but I personally would rather her not include as many songs, yet more complete performances!

Doily Skull

There's simply no way to fit in all of her previous popular singles, including fan favorites, AND the entirity of a new album in a set list; she's tried that before and snapped her hip muscle. As much creative input as she has, the "hit singles" (like Just Dance, Poker Face, Telephone, Bad Romance) are probably contractually obligatory.

~staying stupid through my holy days~

I've seen Coldplay live twice, both times when they had +4 albums out, they never shortened a song and they kept the set lists flawless. A nice mix between the most recent album, crowd pleasers and surprises for old fans. It's not impossible and I was also annoyed by this at artRAVE because it happened for so many songs :saladga: She could playarrow-10x10.png 12 songs (3 from each album) and still have 10 songs from the new album. That's 22 songs, 2 more than Monster Ball and still less than BTW Ball

Archived