Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does Gaga butcher her songs on tour?

Better Day

Featured Posts

Lassex

I actually don't care if her hit singles (PF, JD, BR, BTW...) are shortened as long as the current album songs are fully performed. We've heard her perform the old singles sooo many times. Of course the hit medleys are fun and exciting, but the new music should be a priority :shrug:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

It's literally very simple...you see Gaga has racked up some hits over her albums and the "GP" who show up want to hear her hits...she's basically obligates to perform those even if they are mashed up and/or shortened. However, that leaves few time to perform the new songs and she had to cut those down as well...I too didn't like how she cut Aura personally...that song deserved more on tour

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

PartySick

Well some songs it made sense to cut them.

Telephone would have been really hard on her hip with the dancing.

Poker Face, Just Dance, Alejandro, those songs are older. It's the ARTPOP Ball, so priority is ARTPOP songs. Paparazzi, same deal, but she performed it full at my artRAVE. 

Do What U Want only had one Gaga verse (in the official release) so it makes sense to save time by only doing her verse.

Mary Jane Holland...would you really want her to be shifting around on a chair for the full song? The reason that was cut entirely from the show is because it was rough on her hip and I'm honestly surprised she brought it back.

Swine makes sense too because having two climaxes at the end would devalue each other. 

Just...time and other reasons that make a lot of sense. Major/new songs will be full, supporting/older songs will be shorter, other songs can be cut for specific reasons (like MJH or Swine). 

Still doesn't make them butchered :crossed: 

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁

PartySick

I actually don't care if her hit singles (PF, JD, BR, BTW...) are shortened as long as the current album songs are fully performed. We've heard her perform the old singles sooo many times. Of course the hit medleys are fun and exciting, but the new music should be a priority :shrug:

I wouldn't be shocked or sad if she cut them entirely. Sometimes they have trouble fitting in with the theme of the new music. Poker Face and Alejandro seemed a little random at the BTWB. To me, at least. I don't want her to sacrifice an idea to perform older songs. Not that she's had to, but if it comes down to it, I'd rather see the new stuff, ya know?

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁

Giorno Giovanna

imo the tour album should be played in full songa while old songs can be performed partly

i mean...why perform just butchered versions of your newest tour related album? :what:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

I want her to add something more than just performing a song. Maybe add some sort of a remix after the original, just like LoveGame at the monster ball, etc.

Mister Gaga

The main album should be played in full, but past songs that she performed a thousand times can be cut a little :yes:

Bleachella

Not really, it's her own choice, I wouldn't mind her cutting Telephone (which was non existant anyways), You and I, Alejandro, and all other songs that aren't JD, BR and BTW, and the songs that are left (ALL the album songs and the three mentioned above, obviously those might change for the next tour since she's probably going to be performing Applause) to be performed in full.  

Born To Slay

No, she isn't. Off the top of my head...Beyonce and Jay Z on their tour, Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Prince...And many others I've seen have shortened some of their songs on tour. 

I've never seen her concert, but doesn't Madonna shorten songs and do medleys? I'm sure there are others. 

half of Britney's vegas show is shortened songs

Born To Slay

Not really, it's her own choice, I wouldn't mind her cutting Telephone (which was non existant anyways), You and I, Alejandro, and all other songs that aren't JD, BR and BTW, and the songs that are left (ALL the album songs and the three mentioned above, obviously those might change for the next tour since she's probably going to be performing Applause) to be performed in full.  

I don't think she can just cut Poker Face, that's her biggest to date. That'd be like Britney cutting Toxic or Baby One More Time.

Versace

But tbh i prefer short set list and full songs but Gaga loves to sing as many songs

for ARTRAVE this could have worked better

From ARTPOP:

Applause, DWUW, G.U.Y , Venus, SexxxDreams, MJH, Gypsy, ARTPOP, MANiCURE, Aura and Swine

From BTW:

BTW and TEOG

From TF//TFM:

JD, PF, Paparazzi, BR and Telephone

18 Tracks but full length please

Creyk

Probably laziness.

She cut MJH in it's entirety.

I know that sounds mean but the case of cutting songs is simply the performer not doing her job right :shrug: 

Archived