💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What made Poker Face such an enormous smash?

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

Not many singles sell 14.5m copies these days, but I consider this as one of Gaga's signature hits. In my country it is the 84th biggest selling single of all time and was the best selling single of 2009. Not to mention it dominated the European market. Even my Dad listens to it and that is saying something :laughga: 

Was it because of the addictive iconic chorus?

Because Gaga was the 'it' girl at the time?

It was too mainstream?

It was a 'type' of song that no one had heard before? (e.g. the robotic/dark EDM style) 

In my messy era.

Supersonic

I think the first three. That dark robotic EDM style has been around for longer, Gaga just happened to make it popular. Britney had it on Blackout which was then payed dust to.

OBEY

Catchy verses/hook/chorus

Simple chorus that stays in the head + catchy phrase (poker face, po po po...)

Simple yet GREAT pop production

Sex theme + s-xy/beautiful music video

Alien Tulip

It's an overall amazing song. The lyrics are just amazing and the production is clean but is also haunting. I love the futuristic feel of it. I remember when everyone went bananas over it in fall 2008 and we all had it on our myspace pages. It's one of the only Gaga songs that never gets old for most people. It's a perfect pop song and I can see why she still thinks its one of her best songs ever. Don't even get me started on how amazing the music video is. 

Neptune

It was fun and light. The lyrics were easy to memorize. The chorus was simple and repetitive. The monotonous verses made it easy to sing for everybody. And the production also made it fresh and iconic.

Great beat, Great video, Great fashion (trashy at times but it had its own charm), futuristic feel, mysterious image, no pants, clever lyrics, it felt so pop yet so indie at the same time [imho]

SlaeUrAnus

It's an overall amazing song. The lyrics are just amazing and the production is clean but is also haunting. I love the futuristic feel of it. I remember when everyone went bananas over it in fall 2008 and we all had it on our myspace pages. It's one of the only Gaga songs that never gets old for most people. It's a perfect pop song and I can see why she still thinks its one of her best songs ever. Don't even get me started on how amazing the music video is. 

Myspace? I had it on my Bebo page :toofunny:  

In my messy era.

Dorothy Gale

The stuttered lyrics made it memorable and different. 

Alien Tulip

Myspace? I had it on my Bebo page :toofunny:  

I remember bebo! I never used it though :smh: From 2005 - Late 2008 I used myspace. I think the last time I logged onto to myspace was to add poker face as my profile song lol. 

ARTPOPdidntflop

muh-muh-muh- MUHHHHHHHHH

you can't reada myyyyy POKER FACEEEEE

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Bad Bromance

This pretty much!  Poker Face is simply a pop masterpiece because of its catchy chorus and clever lyrics.  

That song catapulted Gaga to superstardom.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

scorpion

She was very mysterious/ little known Bout her

Unlike any pop record ive ever heard

Dark record , and I knew instantly this b---h wasnt one to be taken lightly.

The more I played it the bigger it grew in my mind. Like most her music!

Archived