💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"Old" vs. "New" Gaga Songs on Radio

InsideOutright

Featured Posts

InsideOutright

Where I live, local radio stations almost never play any Gaga songs past The Edge of Glory and it bothers me so much. Does anyone else have this problem where they live: radio stations only playing songs like Poker Face, Just Dance, Bad Romance, TEOG and no Applause, Do What U Want, or GUY? I heard TEOG on a local hits station today and then they played Roar a few minutes later. I have not heard Applause on that station in several months and have never heard the other two ARTPOP singles at all, and I heard Just Dance on another station today.

I always search radio app TuneIn to see what stations are playing Gaga and I see that many American FM stations play mostly if not entirely her old songs (I always search through their play history and I usually only see Just Dance, Bad Romance, etc.) while stations in other countries and online-only stations play the newer songs more often or a mix of both, such as playing Applause and Born This Way within the same hour (:legend:). To me, it feels like my stations think Gaga is a has-been who hasn't been popular since 2011, but she's not. :noparty:

Don't get me wrong. I'm well aware many of Gaga's early hits are her most iconic, but it just feels like the rest of her songs from You and I onward have not been given enough respect or longevity. I mean, I don't get why TEOG is treated as the unofficial Gaga cutoff and the most popular Gaga song on my area's stations...

Why do you think many radio stations only like to play TEOG and earlier? If ARTPOP fared better, do you think we'd be hearing more new Gaga? Is it like this too where you live and what do you think of it? Do you think this will change when LG5 comes out?

Son of Venus

I don't listen to radio anymore but back when ARTPOP was released i remember hearing DWUW,Venus and Applause all the time on this local station. A friend of mine who's a monster and listens to the biggest radio station of the country says that they play her older hits from time to time as well as Applause and DWUW

LeoFameMonster

Give it another year and they will play mostly ARTPOP songs. SOme radio stations are really stupid where they would not play new Gaga until it becomes old Gaga songs.

If Bobby and Interscope are smart they would start pushing them to Play any Gaga songs close to the date for her new album so the GP will hear her and know that shes not gone from radio.

RAMROD

I heard Paparazzi the other day :fan:

Also once, I took an Uber and the driver is an adult Gaga fan. :gaga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mariann

I just heard Poker Face recently. And DWUW was a really big hit last year. I don't remember hearing anything else for a while. :noparty: 

super ultra

a few months ago I heard Applause for the 2nd time since its release :flop: DWUW (+Telephone) was used for the radio's commercial but they play her old songs all the time 

djBuffoon

Agreed. Her music has only gotten better, and it's a shame that the majority of the public has yet to hear her recent work.

It only hammers home the point that an artist's biggest songs doesn't mean their best.

Dorothy Gale

I only occasionally hear her on radio. I heard TEOG not too long ago. LG5 better deliver 4+ big hits.

Archived