opinion

Applause is less "loud" then other ARTPOP songs

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OBEY

"Applause" is the same volume as the others, it just seems less so because the opening synth arrangement is set at an unexpectedly subdued level, and remain there for the rest of the track. It isn't until the beat kicks in that the opening makes sense in the bigger picture.

Nonetheless, I usually have my iPod set to "Sound Check", which has all of the songs set to peak at the same volume.

Not only the synth arrangement, but the vocals aren't as loud as they are on the other ARTPOP songs, i'm sure :saladga:

inb4 it's all in my head :saladga: 

djBuffoon

Not only the synth arrangement, but the vocals aren't as loud as they are on the other ARTPOP songs, i'm sure :saladga:

inb4 it's all in my head :saladga: 

The opening measures and the vocals are a bit soft on the album, but if you listen to the song on the radio, it all balances out because the track has been slightly compressed (so that the loud elements get a little softer and the soft elements get a little louder).

I wonder if that's what Gaga meant when she said all the tracks were "radio-friendly."

gagaohlala

You all. Applause, at the begining, is less loud than Gypsy, and the end of Applause is 3 bpm more loud during the last chorus than at the begining. Source : Gaga. She wanted Applause to rise an explod at the end, that's why it seems less loud than Gypsy on a playlist.

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

OBEY

The opening measures and the vocals are a bit soft on the album, but if you listen to the song on the radio, it all balances out because the track has been slightly compressed (so that the loud elements get a little softer and the soft elements get a little louder).

I wonder if that's what Gaga meant when she said all the tracks were "radio-friendly."

Interesting :worship:

And if i put sound chek on my ipod, the songs that are less louder (like lips are moving) should be equal to all my other songs?

djBuffoon

Interesting :worship:

And if i put sound chek on my ipod, the songs that are less louder (like lips are moving) should be equal to all my other songs?

:yes: With sound check, you shouldn't have to adjust your volume again.

Bad Bromance

I guess I must have a hearing problem because I think the volume is just the same as all of her other up-tempo songs on ARTPOP.   :shrug:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Brooke Hoegan

I feel the same

I've just listened to Gypsy, then +1 the sound for Applause, then -1 again to the Gypsy level for Brooklyn Nights and only then they all sounded equally loudly :shrug:

OBEY

I feel the same

I've just listened to Gypsy, then +1 the sound for Applause, then -1 again to the Gypsy level for Brooklyn Nights and only then they all sounded equally loudly :shrug:

how do you +1 the songs? or -1? haha

Brooke Hoegan

+1 the sound, not the song, I highered and lowered the loudness level of the songs

didn't know it sounded like that :fan:

and I mean that I also think that Applause is softer :yes:

OBEY

+1 the sound, not the song, I highered and lowered the loudness level of the songs

didn't know it sounded like that :fan:

okay and how do you do that :rip: i'm not that fast sorry :lmao: 

Brooke Hoegan

okay and how do you do that :rip: i'm not that fast sorry :lmao: 

what do you mean ? :rip:

I'm talking about these + and - buttons on mobile/other device that are there to turn the volume up or down xD

are you trolling me ? :teehee:

OBEY

what do you mean ? :rip:

I'm talking about these + and - buttons on mobile/other device that are there to turn the volume up or down xD

are you trolling me ? :teehee:

:rip: i thought you went into the songs parameters and made it louder or idk :rip: sorry :green: 

Archived