Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Jurassic World hits 1.5 billion dollars and becomes #3 movie all time

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Rabbit Heart

Idk who watches those s**t commercial movies! WHo the **** cares about dinosaurs?! o.O Apperently whole world I just don't get it :x 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

Oh I get it then, thanks! Could it also be that there now are more cinemas available too? 

It's a factor but I doubt it's a major one.  Inflation and the amount of tickets sold is more important I believe.

Here's a list of movies adjusted for inflation.  You can see how drastic it is: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

This chart shows how many tickets were sold (estimated):  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=1

Again a huge difference in the amount of tickets sold from 2 decades ago and now.  Jurassic World has sold around 70 M tickets were as older movies like Star Wars and E.T. sold 100+ M.  That's why the Top Grossing movies of today aren't technically the most lucrative or viewed.

Judas Oyster

It's a factor but I doubt it's a major one.  Inflation and the amount of tickets sold is more important I believe.

Here's a list of movies adjusted for inflation.  You can see how drastic it is: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

This chart shows how many tickets were sold (estimated):  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=1

Again a huge difference in the amount of tickets sold from 2 decades ago and now.  Jurassic World has sold around 70 M tickets were as older movies like Star Wars and E.T. sold 100+ M.  That's why the Top Grossing movies of today aren't technically the most lucrative or viewed.

Second link won't work :/

But I see the big picture and it does make sense then. Thanks for explaining :)

Idk who watches those s**t commercial movies! WHo the **** cares about dinosaurs?! o.O Apperently whole world I just don't get it :x 

Or maybe people have diffrent interests, and maybe you should shut the **** up and go spread your nonsense and negativity somewhere else, because maybe you don't get it instead of the whole world. Idiot. And please, it is NOT a commercial movie.

ToxicHot

Or maybe people have diffrent interests, and maybe you should shut the **** up and go spread your nonsense and negativity somewhere else, because maybe you don't get it instead of the whole world. Idiot. And please, it is NOT a commercial movie.

YAS!! Educate ha :applause:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

RAMROD

close-up.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Melech

I care about dinosaurs since I'm a paleontologist :sis:

monketsharona

It's dumb to say this. I'm pretty sure most of us could say people don't care about things YOU like.

ShockPop

says the Madonna Stan. 

Your mom andI reareally enjoyed the movie. Twice.

Tell us more about how you only watch independent productions :flutter: People like and care about different things, regardless of how 'commercial' they are. 

Rabbit Heart

It's not commercial just like Prism aint commercial... 

Psychedelic

Congrats... It's a typical blockbuster, lackluster storyline, impressive special effects... I must confess it had thrilled for the majority of the time.

Hope it doesn't surpass Avatr and Titanic which are actually blockbusters with amazing effects too but good plot and sequence :hunty:

Archived