💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Is Sia being a bit reductive?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

caseymonster

sia is being treated as the new gaga. theres hype about how shes gonna be preforming and how weird it is. shes very talented and i am happy for her that she became somewhat mainstream pop star. she definitly deserves it. gaga and her are not competing and are both undeniably talented. i dont wanna compare or call neither reductive because its low. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yanko

"artists pre-fame and both suffered from alcoholism."

yes  sia is copying gaga with her alcoholism :flutter:

Yanko

anyways no

gaga didnt invent those

and sia is not overrated (u guys call everyone who isnt gaga overrated)

shes a great writer she makes amazing music and she deserves every bit of fame and attention shes been getting

and gaga agrees too 

Andreyw

"artists pre-fame and both suffered from alcoholism."

yes  sia is copying gaga with her alcoholism :flutter:

I guess the op meant that they had something in common , not copying that ...you can't copy that :rip: 

Yanko

I guess the op meant that they had something in common , not copying that ...you can't copy that :rip: 

​i was obviously joking :awkney:  

Levine

I like her and I don't think she's copying Gaga. As someone said, she has always had a "particular look", even before Gaga.

The thing is, I don't know how people don't drag her with this tired, pathetic and FAKE philosophy of "I don't wanna be famous".

That said, this world needs more artists like Sia and less like Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. 

I don't know about that but I think Sia is pretty terrible.

​Sia isnt terrible, she's very talented...however, she was just overexposed

Frankenztein

I love Sia and I don't think she is copying. However, I agree that she does a lot of things that remind me of Gaga. They sort of have similar energies I guess. 

At least now you know why so many people call Gaga reductive - because they know many artists who have been doing the similar things she does - long time before Gaga appeared. It's funny how now you compare everyone "new" (Sia is not a newcomer, though) to your idol and at the same time you cannot accept that the other fans (e.g. Madonna's, Christina's etc.) do the same!

Swan Heart

They have a lot of common, but they are really different too.. I really thing it's just a coincidence to be honest.

I'm not sure if here's the place but lately I have been really obsessed with Fire Meet Gasoline... such a fantastic, beautiful song! 

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Fiona Apple

She is definitely not "terrible" tho. I am not into her performances and looks at all.But her music is at least decent!

Kanye West

The thing is, I don't know how people don't drag her with this tired, pathetic and FAKE philosophy of "I don't wanna be famous".

KANYEWEST.COM

Archived