Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
event

VIDEO: Lady Gaga performed at Baku 2015 Opening Ceremony (1M+ views)

Fizzy

Featured Posts

Katie14

Why isn't the news in America talking about the European Games? It seems like a pretty big deal.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Monster Kid

The video of her performing on Facebook has almost 600,000 views in less than 24 hours. Is that good? And the comments are nothing but amazing praise for her(except for a couple of your usual trolls). Much more praise for this performance than the HRC performance. 

On a side note. Majority of this thread is a mess. Just enjoy this masterpiece of a performance and chill. 

Alien Tulip

​I don't understand what you guys are complaining about. It was a great emotional vocal performance. I agree it wasn't as impressive and vocally flawless as the Oscar's but it was still one of her best ever performances in my opinion.

I don't really like her heavy drowsy sounding "Dope" vocals either but I didn't mind it really here. The Dope voice was there at some points but it sounded lighter. I liked the belts. She started off more soft and delicate and then built up to them. I thought the contrast was very powerful. It added more texture and emotion to the performance.

Gaga's voice is so much more nuanced now than it used to be. Like the way she sings, "die for" at 2:39, "possessions" at 3:43, and "man" at 4:06.

I think Gaga is still in the process of improving and finding her sound. She sounds wonderful now but I just have this feeling that she is going to keep getting better and better.

​I think maybe you should stop reading through 40 pages to see who disliked the performance if it bothers you so much. Why does it matter if someone dislikes the performance? I get its a discussion forum but to question people's opinions is kind of unnecessary since there's nothing you can do to convince them to like the performance. Some people like me disliked the performance but does that mean we dislike her as an artist or question her talent? I loved her oscar performance but I couldn't care less if fans liked it or not because (other than a few friends I made) I don't care about lady gaga fans and probably never will because everyone in this forum is a stranger so why does it matter if they dislike the performance? If I liked it then thats all that matters to me. 

ARTUNiCORN

The video of her performing on Facebook has almost 600,000 views in less than 24 hours. Is that good? And the comments are nothing but amazing praise for her(except for a couple of your usual trolls). Much more praise for this performance than the HRC performance. 

On a side note. Majority of this thread is a mess. Just enjoy this masterpiece of a performance and chill. 

​Link please :kissga:

Bad Monster Kid

​Link please :kissga:

It's on Team GB s facebook page. Not sure how to copy a link for it since I'm on mobile. 

Make sure you guys share it to your friends. 

I loved her little finger move at the beginning. So cute. This performance was incredible. She's truly becoming a living legend !

Bad Monster Kid

I loved her little finger move at the beginning. So cute. This performance was incredible. She's truly becoming a living legend !

IKR. She's gonna be at Streisands level when all is said and done. 

djBuffoon

Powerful performance, although I am not a fan of this overly rounded tone that she uses sometimes, with the excessive vibrato (a la "Dope"). It doesn't sound natural.

NewYorkCity

​Performing the opening of a sports event within a country that oppresses basic human rights is not spreading the message of protesting against these injustices BUT to be in accordance with what is happening there. Especially if it's in front of Putin and an oppressive regime like Azerbaijan and especially if you are not speaking against inequality afterwards. These regimes are utilizing huge cultural events to act as if the peaceful initiative for current tensions between Russia and the west is coming from them when in reality it's just a pure form of propaganda. It reminds me of Russia at this year's Eurovision Song Contest where they sent a song about global peace that was perceived as hypocritical from many viewpoints. It's a political message that reverses the ongoing aggressions and creates an image that is just ludicrous and cringy in my opinion. Would you like Gaga to be opening some sort of big event in Qatar or in Russia without taking a critical point of view at her performance? I don't!

I don't know why so many feel attacked by just stating a different opinion that is not in accordance what the majority of this forum is saying. Let me state my opinion without being insulted or put down or be declared as just a "hater". That's not true and a fanbase subsists on different points of view.

Then, she shouldn't perform in the US.

I understand your point of view, but after refusing to boycott Israel last summer and being all proud to perform "after the war", I learned not to expect much from her when it comes to world politics. She's not that type sadly or she's misinformed, I think she would perform anywhere where she isn't banned.

​Honestly, I was most interested in hearing your opinion on this issue here than anyone else's - surely you can see that there's a complete difference to Gaga performing in Israel (for Israelis) and Gaga performing in Azerbaijan, on a vanity/showcase event for the regime, effectively becoming the public liberal face of the show and then congratulating that regime*? 

(It's probably from a lack of awareness, but whether it's better that she was unaware of not is debatable :emma: ) 

* There's plenty of evidence of how corrupt Azerbaijan's government is, before people claim that assumption of that is ignorant.

lego

​Honestly, I was most interested in hearing your opinion on this issue here than anyone else's - surely you can see that there's a complete difference to Gaga performing in Israel* (for Israelis) and Gaga performing in Azerbaijan, on a vanity/showcase event, effectively becoming the public liberal face of the show and then congratulating the regime? 

(It's probably from a lack of awareness, but whether it's better that she was unaware of not is debatable :emma: ) 

Idk in both cases she's used for propaganda purposes. In Tel Aviv she was yelling about Israelis being strong and brave etc, I bet there were many soldiers in the audience (I found that awkward after bloody outcome of summer bombing) and then do you remember that zionist group in USA who took that quote just to show how even Lady Gaga supports actions of the Israeli government. 

I wish she would know more about world affairs tbh. Or to be like Madonna in the case of Israel/Palestine;  if she's ready to perform there, then speak out same time against war, educate yourself, use your voice for good. idk

FreePalestine

Archived