Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

Ladey Gagz

​Can she actually sing we found love? :laughga: serious question :laughga:

​Well not sure for We Found Love :spin: But she can definitely sing. Her performances of Diamonds and Stay are pretty good

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dutchyguy

Saw her Prismatic Tour on tuesday in Amsterdam! 

I have to admit: if you compare the visuals (background, lasers, special effects etc) to the artRAVE it was way more spectacular. She basically put the best of what her peers do in one show..... However vocally it was a joke.

But visually..wow!!

this one is amazing too

​I love this :giveup: 

I've to admit that I've never been a fan of Katy because I didn't like her voice. I always liked a few of her hits at partys, nothing more. And the live perfomances I've seen on YT were really bad (sorry Katy). :rip: So I didn't have much respect for her (I always loved her sense of humor tho). 

Now I have to say that I really really felt in love with her acoustic performances. Those performances have totally changed my mind on her. 

Alcina Dimitrescu

I'm no Katy fan either but i feel the same. It's funny, i'm actually more excited for the Prismatic Tour dvd thing than i ever was for artrave :air:

Ladey Gagz

Is she doing a lot of acoustic at the prismatic tour? 

There's a whole part of it where she only does acoustic 

She does like 3-4 songs if iI remember correctly 

There's a whole part of it where she only does acoustic 

She does like 3-4 songs if iI remember correctly 

​She was in my country a few weeks ago and I didn't go to the show because I thought she can't sing at all. Now that I've changed my mind (because of the acoustic versions) I feel a bit bad for not seeing her live. 

Kacey Elizabeth

I have a feeling that Katy will release Legendary Lovers as the 6th single off of PRISM (hence the song being the theme song of her Prismatic World Tour's teasers and trailers and hopefully, she'll then release International Smile and By The Grace Of God to finish the PRISM era) when she comes back to the US from PWT's Europe leg later this month and then releases a surprise EP called The Reflection maybe around late April and early May with this track list

1. Bad Photographs

2. She's So Creepy

3. In Flames

4. Heartchade Crusade 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that Katy will release Legendary Lovers as the 6th single off of PRISM (hence the song being the theme song of her Prismatic World Tour's teasers and trailers and hopefully, she'll then release International Smile and By The Grace Of God to finish the PRISM era) when she comes back to the US from PWT's Europe leg later this month and then releases a surprise EP called The Reflection maybe around late April and early May with this track list

1. Bad Photographs

2. She's So Creepy

3. In Flames

4. Heartchade Crusade 

​There won't be anymore singles and honestly I wouldn't count on a rerelease or EP

HOW have I only just discovered this song? :giveup:

​Haroon what :rip: we were thirsty for the full demo of the song a year before it was even released 

Haroon

​Haroon what :rip: we were thirsty for the full demo of the song a year before it was even released 

​I didn't start following Katy until the beginning of PRISM :laughga: Before that I just listened to her songs and watched performances :toofunny: I even missed the California Dreams Tour date which was a day after my birthday, which I've regretted ever since :giveup: 

Kacey Elizabeth

Gaga's songs don't have professional songwriters and songwriting teams. That's what the majority of Katy's songs have...that's the difference.

If you look at the writing credits on even One of the Boys, there are accomplished songwriters listed on the majority of those songs...people who write songs for other artists for a living.

They are lyricists, not simply producers or sound engineers of some sort. Katy has had several songwriters that have been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame on her albums. (Including One of the Boys)

Let me to correct you on something; songwriters such as Dr. Luke, Max Martin, Desmond Child, Andreas Carlsson, Greg Wells, Dave Katz, Sam Hollander, Ted Bruner, Scort Cutler, Anne Preven, David Stewart, Glenn Ballard, and Mathew Thiessen who worked with Katy on the One Of The Boys album, did not had the role as lyricists who wrote the lyrics, but as COMPOSERS who COMPOSED the MUSIC. Katy wrote the the lyrics of the entire One Of The Boys album ON HER OWN and composed the music of some tracks as well. the only songwriter that worked on only one song from One Of The Boys that had something to do with the lyrics was Cathy Dennis (I Kissed A Girl) and Cathy had a very small input on that song. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Haroon

I'm no Katy fan either but i feel the same. It's funny, i'm actually more excited for the Prismatic Tour dvd thing than i ever was for artrave :air:

​Did I see this correctly? :gum: DID I SEE THIS CORRECTLY? :excited2: I'm so happy right now, you have no idea E :giveup: 

Whispering

Let me to correct you on something; songwriters such as Dr. Luke, Max Martin, Desmond Child, Andreas Carlsson, Greg Wells, Dave Katz, Sam Hollander, Ted Bruner, Scort Cutler, Anne Preven, David Stewart, Glenn Ballard, and Mathew Thiessen who worked with Katy on the One Of The Boys album, did not had the role as lyricists who wrote the lyrics, but as COMPOSERS who COMPOSED the MUSIC. Katy wrote the the lyrics of the entire One Of The Boys album ON HER OWN and composed the music of some tracks as well. the only songwriter that worked on only one song from One Of The Boys that had something to do with the lyrics was Cathy Dennis (I Kissed A Girl) and Cathy had a very small input on that song. 

Are you really pulling a post from February 10th? lol

Anne Preven, Glenn Ballard, Dave Katz, Sam Hollander, Ted Bruner, Scott Cutler, David Stewart, Matthew Thiessen are all artists and,or lyricists....not producers only. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived