What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

Because her ballads are dull and boring

mess.

ACTUALLY,

her ballads are some of her best songs.

Thinking Of You, Lost, I'm Still Breathing, Who Am I Living For, Not Like The Movies, Unconditionally, Double Rainbow, By The Grace Of God....

all really great songs :D

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga

I'm actually surprised too. Especially with Uncle's underperformance- I literally thought it was gonna smash cause it was Katy season at the time. Plus it's a decent song minus a bland-ish chorus

lindongardon

Thinking of You is killing me rn. Such a legendary ballad. :emo:

You said move on where do i go. I guess second best is all that i know. :emo:

MANiCURE1295

As soon as she steps out of the funny girl persona, it seems like people can't take her seriously. I sure can't.

The One That Got Away is my favorite song and video of hers, though.

THIS. I think it's because she's had this whole "candy hearts and cotton candy sitting on clouds image" FOR WAY TOO LONG. She isn't viewed as a credible artist because of this. My mom even mentioned after watching the GRAMMY's "Why doesn't she do more stuff like that? Why does she need the sharks and talking palm trees?" And she's so right. Katy COULD show off her stuff so much more and I just don't get it....I just wish for once she would take a chance and stop doing the same old ****.

P.S What pisses me off more I think is that when she finally DOES do a ballad, she expects people to be like "OMG YOURE AMAZING" and it's like no, you've been acting like a goofball for so long that people don't respect it, they need that from Katy all the time...SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE BUT I WAS FEELING LIKE THIS FOR SO LONG

elijahfan

THIS. I think it's because she's had this whole "candy hearts and cotton candy sitting on clouds image" FOR WAY TOO LONG. She isn't viewed as a credible artist because of this. My mom even mentioned after watching the GRAMMY's "Why doesn't she do more stuff like that? Why does she need the sharks and talking palm trees?" And she's so right. Katy COULD show off her stuff so much more and I just don't get it....I just wish for once she would take a chance and stop doing the same old ****.

P.S What pisses me off more I think is that when she finally DOES do a ballad, she expects people to be like "OMG YOURE AMAZING" and it's like no, you've been acting like a goofball for so long that people don't respect it, they need that from Katy all the time...SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONSE BUT I WAS FEELING LIKE THIS FOR SO LONG

Yeah, I understand! That's also why the "dark album" mention got so much mockery back then :toofunny:

I really don't know what she could do to change things, because that would require her to basically reboot her whole career tbh.

MANiCURE1295

Yeah, I understand! That's also why the "dark album" mention got so much mockery back then :toofunny:

I really don't know what she could do to change things, because that would require her to basically reboot her whole career tbh.

That's SO SAD THOUGH. For an artist to change they shouldn't feel like they have to reboot their entire career but it seems Katy has literally gotten STUCK in this stupid candy pop princess image and that if she ever tried anything different she would be laughed at...which I guess goes to show you that if you act like a poptart for the first 6 years of your career...it's what people will think of you...

Psychedelic

Because she sells herself as this party-plastic-basic-fantastic girl and the general public  don't take her seriously when she actually releases something that's lirically cohesive and actually good.

This!

Vernier

People have expectations from artistes, and from her, they expect cute bops

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Ladey Gagz

This is giving me major Gaga teas :emma:

Ladey Gagz

In what way?

When Gaga started showcasing her vocals, dressing pretty, everyone started saying "Why doesn't she do more stuff like that? Why does she need all the crazy costumes?"

Reading your post, I thought I was reading about Gaga tbh :emma:

HarryTheNight

uncle is a messy song imo, but i love not like the movies, the one that got away and by the grace of god. people just expect fun songs from her i guess and dont have time for any of the others. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived