musician

Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

gagzus

It has nothing to do with her singing ability though or performance ability, it's completely down to PR nothing more or less, she has perfectly generic crafted hits from Dr Puke, her image is manufactured to make her look like a generic s-xy popstar and her PR staff book her the best possible gigs.

She's a label puppet through and through, yes she may be a wonderful person but when it comes to her career it's completely false post-OOTB era

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth

Let's not remind us all :deadbanana:For real though, it is impressive. Her team (and Dr. Luke) have created the perfectly crafted pop star image for her.

Her image is all her own vision, and so is her music.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Phoenix

Congrats, this belongs to the Katy thread or another Katy forum, so Haroon should merge it.

💎

Kacey Elizabeth

Super Bowl doesn't really count, she payed to be on it. All the other artists were hired. 

she did not paid. Even Forbes and Billboard reported about how Katy did not paid and NFL itself hired her.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

AmenTheNight

Despite what you all might say, KP has been working hard to deliver better performances and better music. You might not like it, but the truth is that her+her team are consistent in their efforts of making her a huge popstar, which wasn't so easy to achieve when you watch videos from the OOTB era.

Does she deserve to be so big when she obviously doesn't have 1/4 of Gaga's talent ? Of course it's frustrating for us to see a real artist overshadowed by the superproduction that Katy is, but let's face it, her team knows how to get the **** together from start to finish. And that's without a doubt what Gaga has been lacking since the middle of the BTW era.

RAMROD

I agree, it is amazing how she goes from honey dews to water melons, wow :udidnt:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Runway

Prism saw a 50% decline in sales compared to TD .. Only 2/5 singles were successful. Prism Tour  is not impressive at all... Thats what the California Dream Tour should have done but it flopped even after 6 #1's

her formula is stale and she will flop next era :hunty:

Fiona Apple

I like her but in her first album she was so original and different. And now her music and image is childish...

Despite what you all might say, KP has been working hard to deliver better performances and better music. You might not like it, but the truth is that her+her team are consistent in their efforts of making her a huge popstar, which wasn't so easy to achieve when you watch videos from the OOTB tour.

Does she deserve to be so big when she obviously doesn't have 1/4 of Gaga's talent ? Of course it's frustrating for us to see a real artist overshadowed by the superproduction that is Katy, but let's face it, her team knows how to get the **** together from start to finish. And that's without a doubt what Gaga has been lacking since the middle of the BTW era.

I'm hoping Bobby Campbell and the rest of her team can do that.:pray:

I won't be surprised if they do though.  C2C and pretty much everything that happened in 2015 for Gaga has been amazing.

Mariano

Everyone in the music industry has done something impressive, including Carly Rae having such a huge WW smash - Call me maybe.

River

It's Dr. Luke success.. every singer could sing her songs and make them successful..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Creyk

It's nice that she keeps growing. What I like about Katy is that she actually is really smart....and knows what kind of music to make, she always delivers musically. I am very excited to hear what she does next, because she recognized that she needs to change up her style a bit...and I am sure she is going to do it in a very well-executed way with her next era

Levine

And still not iconic status or a legendary performance. 

See how it ended for rihanna? THE SECOND radio stopped to support her, she totally disappeared. The same would (will?) happen with Katy.

Archived