musician

Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

androiduser

i dont know.. shes not that talented.. but then again neither is rihanna or beyonce and they have lots. :shrug:

WHAT????

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because she doesn't make bold choices in her music, one way or another. It's very safe and mainstream, and that's fine, but why reward that when you can reward others who obviously care deeply about their output?

the quality up against the other acts nominated

These two, mostly.

Tropico

Because this "Katy Perry has no Grammys" joke is just so fun that even the Grammys don't wanna be a party pooper. :derpga:

Jk. Probably because there's always something more deserving. Not that she's bad but there's a one upper everywhere she goes. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

I think it's the competition she's been up against which is the reason why she's not won a Grammy yet.

I think about this kind of thing a lot during awards ceremonies. Like if the album was up for the award just one year earlier or one year later, maybe it would have won. But because it just happened to not be as good as some other album that just happened to come out that year, it didn't get the Grammy.

No singing talent.

No performing talent.

Below mediocre songwriting talent.

+ she's a product of Dr Luke and her label, thus completely manufactured 

:tea:

Well, Katy is 100% pop while some other female pop artists had the advantage of winning grammy's in categories that are perhaps a bit easier to win.

It has little to do with her personally.

It is partly the bad luck of Teenage Dream being up against Fame Monster in a golden year for pop.

But also the lack of pop categories, especially now pop girls are ineligible for dance. They are in a broad and competitive category that includes slower music from more "credible" artists. Meanwhile Beyonce or Chris Brown win R&B Grammies against zero competition.

For such reasons, Madonna never won Grammies her her first 15 years, and Britney and Kylie have one each in the dance category.

BornAsUnic0rn

She (just like Britney Spears) aren't artists or singers for me. They are performers. I think that's the matter. 

But I don't have any problem with that. I LOVE HER (and Brit) SO SO SO MUCH!

christinahoney

Because she releases music for radio, her goal isn't quality. She is there to please the masses, and that's fine. But it obviously isn't what the Grammys want. There's always someone in the category with her that they obviously think did better.

Please, a big load of Grammys goes to commercial crap like Sam Smith's Stay With Me. Just less to female pop artists.

Please, a big load of Grammys goes to commercial crap like Sam Smith's Stay With Me. Just less to female pop artists.

Commercial isn't the problem, otherwise an entire 'Pop' field wouldn't exist.

I don't buy the s-xism allegation either. Best Pop Vocal Performance has existed for four years after they merged the Female and Male categories, and Pharrell was the first male winner of that award this year. Out of the last ten Best Pop Vocal Album awards that have been handed out, six have been received by a woman (Kelly Clarkson x2, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Gaga, Adele). Three by a man (John Mayer, Bruno Mars and Sam Smith), and one by a mixed gender group (The Black Eyed Peas). It's easy to see that in recent years females have actually had a better track record at the Grammys in the Pop field.

Gender is not Katy's hinderance here.

Whispering

The artist who have beaten Katy out in the categories she was submitted in:

Adele (2 years)

Beyoncé

Gaga

Lorde

All females. Sam is the only male artist who won in the categories Katy was nominated for, and that was for his album, not his song Stay With Me.

In what world is Sam Smith more "commercial" than Katy Perry? Come on, now.

Psychedelic

Because she releases music for radio, her goal isn't quality. She is there to please the masses, and that's fine. But it obviously isn't what the Grammys want. There's always someone in the category with her that they obviously think did better.

This!!!

Although I don't think it's precisely 'her' goal but her label's rather... still she needs to standup and show what she's capable of!

how did katycats react to this btw?

Most of her "fans" are jumping off the sinking ship to other fanbases as we speak. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

• Admin locked this topic

Archived