💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour - DVD coming soon!

EdX

Pick your favourite Madonna concert tour!  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which Madonna's tour did you like the most?

• The Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl Tour
    • Blond Ambition Tour
    • The Girlie Show Tour
    • Drowned World Tour
    • Re-Invention Tour
    • Confessions Tour
    • Sticky and Sweet Tour
    • MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

It's actually her best tour in my opinion. She hasn't been happier in so many years and during the RHT she couldn't hide her smile. The emphasize on the tour was love, simplicity and celebration. I think she achieved that. 

It's actually her best tour according to this perspective. But I am sure that ticket prices had to be much lower if this was what this tour is all about. 

When paying this much for a concert, for especially a Madonna concert, I expect over the top stage with extreme technology, quality backgrounds, flawless choreographies...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphaMonster

This is your opinion based on not seeing The show... However, majority completely disagree with you, including The critics.

Most critics say what I say from a different perspective. They say that it is not as detailed as previous tours. If I had to give a grade to this show I would say 4/5, because it is a very good show. 

But a Madonna show should not be lower than 6/5 !!! 

As I said, even the lows of MDNA tour (I'm a Sinner, Human Nature etc) would be highs if performed on this tour.

PS: I watched all the performances from various videos, I know seeing it live would be different but I am sure that it cannot create a drastic change of opinion.

bionic

PS: I watched all the performances from various videos, I know seeing it live would be different but I am sure that it cannot create a drastic change of opinion.

wait so have you actually seen the show in person or not?

buy bionic

AlphaMonster

wait so have you actually seen the show in person or not?

I've seen S&S and MDNA Tour live. I will see RH Tour live on 5th October.

bionic

I've seen S&S and MDNA Tour live. I will see RH Tour live on 5th October.

Perhaps you made this outwardly decisive thread too soon :shrug:

Although after watching videos of the Artrave I was like "eh" and then seeing it in person... I really struggled to enjoy it... so I understand where you are coming from on that note :yes: 

buy bionic

For first paragraph, I personally don't want to see solo Madonna. When I go to a Madonna show, I expect over the top stage tech, amazing backdrops, lots of dancers, a very creatively detailed, full, crowded performances. 

People write these comments for many tours from Katy Perry tours to Britney Spears residency. 

You got me wrong at one point, this show is one of the bests of this year, of course it will get raving reviews. It is still a very good show. I am very disappointed in this show, because I expected something like 3 previous tours. Compared to my perception of what Madonna's standard is, this show sucks. If performed on this tour, Performances that is considered as lows of MDNA Tour like I'm a Sinner, Human Nature etc. would be highs of this tour. 

I am sure that for this tour Madonna did not spend as much as time she spent on MDNA tour, I am also sure that budget for this tour was lower than MDNA Tour.

You seem really opinionated in something you havent seen... And do you need two threads for your complaining? And you are very wrong, she has spend as much time for this tour as before and no expences have been spared. And why would she cut back for a tour that will make more than 250,mil.

yeah this show is not that dance heavy, so? Neither was DWT, RiT or Confessions. It's not The point or focus of The show. There's still plenty of Fab choreo though. 

No you may keep your opinion, but maybe we could now move on. 

AlphaMonster

Perhaps you made this outwardly decisive thread too soon :shrug:

Although after watching videos of the Artrave I was like "eh" and then seeing it in person... I really struggled to enjoy it... so I understand where you are coming from on that note :yes: 

I think I'll enjoy the show because I love Madonna, and it still is a good show. But because of my past experiences with Madonna concerts, I just expected lot more :yes:

AlphaMonster

You seem really opinionated in something you havent seen... And do you need two threads for your complaining? And you are very wrong, she has spend as much time for this tour as before and no expences have been spared. And why would she cut back for a tour that will make more than 250,mil.

yeah this show is not that dance heavy, so? Neither was DWT, RiT or Confessions. It's not The point or focus of The show. There's still plenty of Fab choreo though. 

No you may keep your opinion, but maybe we could now move on. 

I don't care if it is dance heavy or not. I did not say such thing. Drowned World Tour had a slower pace, but choreographies were still amazing, for example: Frozen. Themes, details, it was lot more creative. 

And also it might make 250 mil, but it does not sell as good as previous tours. 

bionic

I think I'll enjoy the show because I love Madonna, and it still is a good show. But because of my past experiences with Madonna concerts, I just expected lot more :yes:

I appreciate that. I think Madonna has shot herself in the foot slightly because I do agree that it feels like the MDNA Tour's younger, smaller sibling... She should have done something totally different.

IDK if you know Kylie but the difference between the Aphrodite Les Folies Tour (which has one of the most expensive touring stages) and the following Kiss Me Once Tour is a good contrast that makes it feel totally differnt. The KMO Tour is definitely cheaper and less showy, but its different enough to the ALF that it stands out well on its own. Perhaps Madonna should have ditched the big screens and light shows for something new.

buy bionic

Most critics say what I say from a different perspective. They say that it is not as detailed as previous tours. If I had to give a grade to this show I would say 4/5, because it is a very good show. 

But a Madonna show should not be lower than 6/5 !!! 

As I said, even the lows of MDNA tour (I'm a Sinner, Human Nature etc) would be highs if performed on this tour.

No, they definately do not say that. You can look it up. :)

However, you should really hold you horses until you see it live. I hope you will enjoy it more then. 

I don't care if it is dance heavy or not. I did not say such thing. Drowned World Tour had a slower pace, but choreographies were still amazing, for example: Frozen. Themes, details, it was lot more creative. 

And also it might make 250 mil, but it does not sell as good as previous tours. 

Still, I disagree :) RHT has very nice choreos and performances, much better than many on DWT or RIT.

What's does it matter does it sell out in hours or not? It still going to be sold out. 

AlphaMonster

No, they definately do not say that. You can look it up. :)

However, you should really hold you horses until you see it live. I hope you will enjoy it more then. 

I will enjoy it for sure. I hope I can see more details live to appreciate :yes:

Disagree entirely about the LAV performance - for me it's one of the standouts, as is her energy in it :shrug: Same goes for HBC/LDLHA, but your overriding criticism seems to be of Madonna being alone at points, or the focus being on her presence - which is a bit confusing...

I agree with some of your points on what you're saying (the 80s medley is atrocious) but I think you're holding Madonna to an incredibly high standard. Perhaps rightfully so in that she delivers so much and so often but still, your OP gives the impression that the tour is bad, when you later clarify that you think it to be 4/5:emma: . 

Maybe the videos you've seen aren't the best but the Rebel Heart performance isn't really mundane to me with the stunning backdrop, something that is apparently important to you :shrug: . In any case, I'm excited to see the show in December, you're obviously entitled to your opinion though and there's nothing wrong with verbalising that. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived