đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rihanna still refuses to give out anything on R8

Bradley

Featured Posts

I think the album won't come before the summer or in the summer. 

Unpopular opinion I know, but there are not a lot of signs she'll be releasing anytime soon.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

I think the album won't come before the summer or in the summer. 

Unpopular opinion I know, but there are not a lot of signs she'll be releasing anytime soon.

​that's not unlikely at all

Some say she should disappear, come back with a new commercial pop smash lead single in August and release the album in November

Some say she should disappear, come back with a new commercial pop smash lead single in August and release the album in November

​Exactly what I said in a other topic. And I think this is what they're gonna do if they won't release anything the next 2 weeks. Because I think it's highly unlikely for her to release end June or July. Everyone will go on summer break and so on.

blacklistedd

Why is everyone so into her caving and releasing loud pt.2 though? its honestly not even one of her best records.

I get that the release schedule has been weird/unorthodox and thats frustrating to her more devoted/obsessed fanbase, but the music we've gotten this era is pretty good and im sure the album is just as good if not better. she actually took some time to work on **** this time. like its weird to me that people are trying to say that it seems like she doesn't care just because shes not hyper-releasing everything she has like she used to. to me that showed less care. idk, i mean im not blown away or anything with what we have but like its tripping me out seeing how people are acting about her/this album now. its like people need to chill.

Bradley

​I honestly think she'll flop even harder even if she does this.

Bradley

Why is everyone so into her caving and releasing loud pt.2 though? its honestly not even one of her best records.

I get that the release schedule has been weird/unorthodox and thats frustrating to her more devoted/obsessed fanbase, but the music we've gotten this era is pretty good and im sure the album is just as good if not better. she actually took some time to work on **** this time. like its weird to me that people are trying to say that it seems like she doesn't care just because shes not hyper-releasing everything she has like she used to. to me that showed less care. idk, i mean im not blown away or anything with what we have but like its tripping me out seeing how people are acting about her/this album now. its like people need to chill.

​Ikr? I feel like I'm the only person who likes all the tracks released so far. People are hating so much on her new music when apparently Rihanna is approaching a more unique style of music.

blacklistedd

​Ikr? I feel like I'm the only person who likes all the tracks released so far. People are hating so much on her new music when apparently Rihanna is approaching a more unique style of music.

​They're hating because its underperforming by Rihanna's standards. Most pop fans don't have minds of their own, they go by chart placement to form opinions.

Bradley

​They're hating because its underperforming by Rihanna's standards. Most pop fans don't have minds of their own, they go by chart placement to form opinions.

​Exactly. But the thing is they even hated on FourFiveSeconds when it performed so well on the charts and everyone around me who usually isn't fan of Rihanna was actually praising that song including my brother. I think perhaps FourFiveSeconds didn't go to #1 like how Only Girl, We Found Love and Diamonds did.

Anyway, Loud was a really good album though, it got nominated for many Grammys along with Born This Way and songs like S&M, Only Girl >>>

blacklistedd

​Exactly. But the thing is they even hated on FourFiveSeconds when it performed so well on the charts and everyone around me who usually isn't fan of Rihanna was actually praising that song including my brother. I think perhaps FourFiveSeconds didn't go to #1 like how Only Girl, We Found Love and Diamonds did.

​Its a divisive lead single because its not easy to digest. Its not the same kind of release as Only Girl and Diamonds that are meant just to cater to gay clubs and young teenage girls. She tried to make an actual song. The problem probably being the main consumer base shes built for herself can't quite comprehend that.

Bradley

​Its a divisive lead single because its not easy to digest. Its not the same kind of release as Only Girl and Diamonds that are meant just to cater to gay clubs and young teenage girls. She tried to make an actual song. The problem probably being the consumer base shes built for herself can't quite comprehend that.

​But I'm glad that the GP (non-fans) dug that! My housemate was just playing it a few minutes ago. Slay.

Bradley

​Its a divisive lead single because its not easy to digest. Its not the same kind of release as Only Girl and Diamonds that are meant just to cater to gay clubs and young teenage girls. She tried to make an actual song. The problem probably being the consumer base shes built for herself can't quite comprehend that.

​Anyway, despite how much I like the tracks released from R8, I have to say proper promotion was lacking. Bitch Better Have My Money could have easily reached top 10 if it had a video and American Oxygen was released too early. The attention should have been given purely to BBHMM, not two singles at a time.

blacklistedd

​Anyway, despite how much I like the tracks released from R8, I have to say proper promotion was lacking. Bitch Better Have My Money could have easily reached top 10 if it had a video and American Oxygen was released too early. The attention should have been given purely to BBHMM, not two singles at a time.

​Agreed. The release schedule has been odd and nonsensical. I think BBHMM might've managed a Top 10 placement but quite honestly her more urban-centric singles don't seem to penetrate Top 40 as strongly (Pour It Up, Hard) regardless of how popular they are in real life. So only for that reason I don't think BBHMM was capable of making an impact strong enough to satisfy those currently complaining, but had it been given proper attention it certainly would've been more successful than it was. American Oxygen definitely could've however imo, I don't like it quite as much but it just sounds like something that if forced on everyone like every other song is it would've flourished. Especially so close to the 4th of july.

blacklistedd

Anyway, Loud was a really good album though, it got nominated for many Grammys along with Born This Way and songs like S&M, Only Girl >>>

​I don't care for it. I like Only Girl and Skin a lot, but every other single was played to death to the point that I never want to hear them on my own accord again and the rest of the album is all filler imo. I just think its massively overrated particularly by the fans because its arguably her most commercially successful era.

Archived