Economy 53,202 Posted June 1, 2015 Author Share Posted June 1, 2015 This. Social Conservatism in America is toxic and backwards af, and they are really resisting defeat. These are the reasons why IMO, a Republican will have a hard time winning the presidency in the near future. Imo if they continue to be so staunchly against change, they will only continue to lose their bases Their only real chance of winning is by debasing the qualities of their opponents and using propaganda and their mass media coverage to convince people into voting for them only for the sake of NOT voting for the democrats *cough* Obamagate *cough* To be fair, democrats do this too, but at least their candidates aren't all total messes Also, their voters are older and more likely to actually vote if i lived in America im not sure who id support. ive always been right winged economically but progressive socially Here in Canada our right winged Government isnt too concervative on social matters... And in Provinces we actually have "PC" Governments which stands for "Progressive Conservatives" meaning they are progressive in social matters but conservative in economic matters I feel like in America id have to choose between my social views or economic views Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Weekender Boy 502 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 This is very important. I'm in 10th grade and we only had just one s-x ed class Thats why some of my classmates are so confused about female genitalia and stuff like that Also on that one class we had, the teacher told us it is not ok to masturbate, bc its not normal. Its a sin. And stuff like that dum dum da di da dum dum da di da Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,202 Posted June 1, 2015 Author Share Posted June 1, 2015 This is very important. I'm in 10th grade and we only had just one s-x ed class Thats why some of my classmates are so confused about female genitalia and stuff like that Also on that one class we had, the teacher told us it is not ok to masturbate, bc its not normal. Its a sin. And stuff like that i dont know about laws where u live, but i assume teachers are also not allowed to give their personal views on stuff like that Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ItsTommyBitch 12,640 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 I feel like in America id have to choose between my social views or economic views This is basically how it is for almost any marginalized group in America. Conservatives are typically against the gays, immigrants and minorities, and women, so the people of these groups are at least always assured that the Democrats (and I guess sometimes independents) won't be as socially backwards as the Republicans. This way, at least they don't have to worry about a regression of progress, even if economic progress stalls. Unfortunately, Conservative's economic views are almost always overshadowed by personal scandal, greed, and what not I myself lean towards conservative economic views from time to time but Conservatives tend to be super shady and just plain backwards on social issues, and even their government/economic ideas are overshadowed by scandal. So im stuck basing my vote on social issues. I also don't believe the evolving ideology of what "America" stands for is in line with modern Conservatism, and ever since like... Jackson, the President is seen as almost kind of like in charge of being the moral figurehead of the country in terms of his policy/agenda. In this light, most people, especially younger people, tend to defer their voting to what will be the best for "them" personally, (which is their right to do; I don't disagree, im just explaining why I think it is so). Hence most LGBT being Democrats, same with most all black people. But anyway, i'm off topic Yay younger s-x-ed 私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,170 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 This. Social Conservatism in America is toxic and backwards af, and they are really resisting defeat. These are the reasons why IMO, a Republican will have a hard time winning the presidency in the near future. Imo if they continue to be so staunchly against change, they will only continue to lose their bases Their only real chance of winning is by debasing the qualities of their opponents and using propaganda and their mass media coverage to convince people into voting for them only for the sake of NOT voting for the democrats *cough* Obamagate *cough* To be fair, democrats do this too, but at least their candidates aren't all total messes Also, their voters are older and more likely to actually vote No kidding. I get annoyed at Liberal media sometimes, even though I often consider myself a Liberal, because they take the sarcastic way and make fun of the Right. Then I turn around and do the same because it's honestly so laughable. Cut taxes for the rich, raise them for the poor, cut benefits like Social Security and WIC, outsource jobs, start pointless wars, raise military spending, then when the country falls to sh*t, blame the black guy that took office after it went to sh*t. Then when someone disagrees, slander them, lie about them, and never give them the opportunity to defend themselves. I can respect different views, but the tactics the Conservative/Republican/Right uses are just so...dirty...I don't think I'll ever vote Repub. in my life. I'm actually really happy about the age difference. They did a census study in California about gay marriage while the whole Prop. 8 thing was still hot (I forget if it was before it went into effect or what). The vast majority of people under 40 were in favor of equal rights and the majority of the above 40 crowd weren't. All we really have to do is wait for the baby boomer generation to die out (as sad and evil as that sounds) and the new, progressive generation can take the reigns and this country will be on the right track to catch up with the rest of the civilized world. Just wait for us, world, we're coming! Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
socotra 3,357 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 So glad Canada's doing this, hope some states in the US catch on, as well as other countries. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicole 1,809 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 Omg I literally just wrote my major essay on s-xuality education in Australia vs. US lol. I personally think that s-x ed needs to definitely start very early but information provided should be proportionate to age. I don't think first graders need to be learning about s-xual intercourse in detail - maybe the very basics of it but introduce it properly at around 5th/6th grade, but they (first graders) should definitely be learning of the different s-xual orientations and identities that are present in today's society at the earliest age possible to encourage tolerance + acceptance and just awareness in general. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ItsTommyBitch 12,640 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 No kidding. I get annoyed at Liberal media sometimes, even though I often consider myself a Liberal, because they take the sarcastic way and make fun of the Right. Then I turn around and do the same because it's honestly so laughable. Cut taxes for the rich, raise them for the poor, cut benefits like Social Security and WIC, outsource jobs, start pointless wars, raise military spending, then when the country falls to sh*t, blame the black guy that took office after it went to sh*t. Then when someone disagrees, slander them, lie about them, and never give them the opportunity to defend themselves. You forgot the times they refused to compromise funding and caused a government shutdown for over 2 weeks, causing economic chaos and loss of revenue (not to mention some jobs ) just because they didn't like Obamacare. That was fun Close to 1 million people had to work with indefinite pay and were indefinitely furloughed The best part is that Ted Cruz was one of the main people backing the fight against funding or for delaying Obamacare Like, this guy wants to be president. 私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,170 Posted June 1, 2015 Share Posted June 1, 2015 You forgot the times they refused to compromise funding and caused a government shutdown for over 2 weeks, causing economic chaos and loss of revenue (not to mention some jobs ) just because they didn't like Obamacare. That was fun Close to 1 million people had to work with indefinite pay and were indefinitely furloughed The best part is that Ted Cruz was one of the main people backing the fight against funding or for delaying Obamacare Like, this guy wants to be president. Oh god Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,202 Posted June 2, 2015 Author Share Posted June 2, 2015 No kidding. I get annoyed at Liberal media sometimes, even though I often consider myself a Liberal, because they take the sarcastic way and make fun of the Right. Then I turn around and do the same because it's honestly so laughable. Cut taxes for the rich, raise them for the poor, cut benefits like Social Security and WIC, outsource jobs, start pointless wars, raise military spending, then when the country falls to sh*t, blame the black guy that took office after it went to sh*t. Then when someone disagrees, slander them, lie about them, and never give them the opportunity to defend themselves. I can respect different views, but the tactics the Conservative/Republican/Right uses are just so...dirty...I don't think I'll ever vote Repub. in my life. I'm actually really happy about the age difference. They did a census study in California about gay marriage while the whole Prop. 8 thing was still hot (I forget if it was before it went into effect or what). The vast majority of people under 40 were in favor of equal rights and the majority of the above 40 crowd weren't. All we really have to do is wait for the baby boomer generation to die out (as sad and evil as that sounds) and the new, progressive generation can take the reigns and this country will be on the right track to catch up with the rest of the civilized world. Just wait for us, world, we're coming! capitalists dont raise taxes for poor... they don raise taxes period, they tend to cut taxes in general for all classes. Its just that tax cuts to rich get more attention because of controversy Right-winged Governments believe in letting business and prvate sector create jobs and generate wealth for everyone and believe in less regulations and taxes because more Government they believe gets in the way I lean more towards Capitalism although not necessarily to the extreme Republicans go to Regardless of which side u choose to support, its good to know ur facts. So i felt compelled to correct that... most right-winged Government dont "raise taxes" on poor in fact sometimes they cut them even further what they might do is cut services that benefit poor people due to less spending... in that sense the poor person is screwed over. the idiology is that more employment and higher wages from stronger economy should compensate for that whether or not it really does is up for debate Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.